2023-24 Russian Local Events – Discussion | Page 45 | Golden Skate

2023-24 Russian Local Events – Discussion

katymay

Medalist
I don't like it when a skater focuses on ultra-c while having problems with other elements (no matter novice, junior or senior).

In general, I think it's individual for everyone. My fave Anisimova started jumping something that looks like triples in her last junior season. And a good fully-rotated 3+3 only in her second senior season. Yametova also became known only in seniors.
Funny thing about Yametova-I keep getting reels to my insta account of people trying to do the Yametova slide...and so far...the only one who can actually do it is....Yametova. lol. I loved Ansimova's programs this year-love her personality on the ice. Neither girl will make an Olympic team, but I prefer both of them to many of the skaters with quads. They-and skaters like little fairy Sonya-make me smile. Also Lena, you can't help loving watching her-she is such a little star. (although I want someone in power to pull her mother aside and explain you can't disparage other children or get involved in their drama. )

Azikin

Medalist
Funny thing about Yametova-I keep getting reels to my insta account of people trying to do the Yametova slide...and so far...the only one who can actually do it is....Yametova. lol.
I've been wondering about this.. we've seen one a bit similar yesterday from one of the girls, not that good, of course...

LadyB

Record Breaker
Nice one Dobromir,albeit with a few wobbles! Practise that 3A and the future is yours! :love2:

Davai, Vadim!!! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

LadyB

Record Breaker
He regained his composure briefly, but tat wasn't yesterday's Nikita! :(

LadyB

Record Breaker
I can't believe I'm witnessing that! Klimentiy is Moscow Champ, beating a Fedotov!!! :rock:
Medal for Vadim and 4th place for Dobromir!! If that doesn't make me happy... :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

All going to Rus Nats!!!! Beautiful! 🤍💙❤️

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
What happened to Malyutin and Kolesnikov? Especially considering that they WD from JNationals.

AoP boys content is soo overloaded for no reason. Why does Nikita include the 4F if his edge is called "e"?

Poor Likhachev couldn't finish the program due to a bad fall. I've just read that he doesn't have any fractures, it's likely a ligament injury.

Last edited:

Remilia

On the Ice
By the way, I'm kind of confused as to what's going on with Andreeva. She's the same age as Prineva, so why wasn't she competing as a junior this season? :scratch2:

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
By the way, I'm kind of confused as to what's going on with Andreeva. She's the same age as Prineva, so why wasn't she competing as a junior this season? :scratch2:
Because she isn't junior-eligible. The minimum age is 13. But for the single skaters from the national team like Prineva it's 12.

Remilia

On the Ice
Because she isn't junior-eligible. The minimum age is 13. But for the single skaters from the national team like Prineva it's 12.
Aah, that Andreeva wasn't on the nats team. Unfortunate, since it seems to have put her in kind of an awkward position this season

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Alina Gorbacheva has posted a photo from Sochi airport so she is definitely skating tomorrow.
Gorshkov Memorial
15-18 March 2024, Iceberg Skating Palace, Sirius

Categories: novices (1 sports), seniors (MS)
Disciplines: single skating and ice dance
Notable Entries:
Senior Men: Andrei Mukhortov, Daniil Postarnakov
Senior Women: Alina Gorbacheva, Kamilla Nelyubova, Maria Paramonova, Sofia Chaplygina, Valeria Shulskaya
Senior Ice Dance: Aleksandra Prokopets/Aleksandr Vaskovich
Novice Ice Dance: Maria Fefelova/Artem Valov
Novice Women: Arina Kalugina, Viktoria Streltsova

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
What about Shulskaya? It's been a long time since I've seen her..
Heavily URs on the combo and solo jump.

We don't know what happened to her at all. She hasn't competed at the All-Russian competitions for more than a year. Davydov said that she had returned home to Orenburg and retired, but she later said that she continued to train. I can assume financial difficulties. Or she just concentrated on her education and skates in her free time.

Remilia

On the Ice
Hmm, Viktoria Streltsova has another competition in two weeks...Another poor showing after having two bad back-to-back competitions isn't going to do her nerves and confidence any favors. Honestly, it's kind of crazy to me how many competitions some of these novice kids do, but I guess their stamina and endurance would be better than the seniors and older juniors. Sidenote, she was so tilted in the air on some of those jumps, I'm shocked she even managed to land them.

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Senior Women in Perm

Alina Gorbacheva has withdrawn. She decided to finish her season in Sochi.

Anastasia Zinina scored 45.65 and is absolutely not in shape. Why are they rushing things?