2023-24 Russian Nationals Free Dance

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
This cover was a shocker...

That lift was cool though!

LOL at the technicolour Christmas tree lights in the backroom thing they're showing on screen during replays.

Here's a dress from Sofiya T that also messes with my astigmatism.

Uhoh, this song gets stuck in my head whenever I hear it. 😅

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
I'll be upset if Varya and Timur lose to Sofia and Matvei again because of the lift

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
I'll be upset if Varya and Timur lose to Sofia and Matvei again because of the lift
Well, the 8th place is still great. Perhaps they will be included to the national team after all... It all depends on how many juniors are invited.

Before this season started, I didn't expect them to be this high.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Some of those voiceovers sound a bit...unfortunate...

What movie is this anyway? For some reason the red coat is making me think of Mary Poppin's Returns, I'm pretty sure it's not that though :laugh2:

Mathematician

Pilgrim on a long journey
Medalist
That was lovely. Peaceful and sophisticated just as I like ice dances. Easily favourite program so far despite the slightly off-timed finale.

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
What movie is this anyway?
The Shape of Water

MV5BNGNiNWQ5M2MtNGI0OC00MDA2LWI5NzEtMmZiYjVjMDEyOWYzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjM4NTM5NDY@._V1_.jpg

1694502373246425398.jpg

Mathematician

Pilgrim on a long journey
Medalist
Everyone extending their lifts it seems, is the judging on that supposed to be so strict?

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
I'm so glad!

I was happy when they got into the main national team but I was sure they won't keep their place, because there are so many strong couples and M/U are so inconsistent! But they did well, it's their best result ever! They've never did two dances without costly mistakes. Sure, they had flaws, they can hit 190, but that's the kind of skate I'm happy with too.

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Are collisions common in practice? Thats a lot of people on the ice at once.
In ice dance, they unfortunately seem to be more common. Kurnosenko/Varlamov and Matvei Grachev with his former partner were injured in a collision at the JRGP stage last year, both couples had to WD. This season, Annabelle Morozov's leg was cut by a skate, costing her a missed season. I also remember a lot many small collisions that didn't result in injury.