2023-24 Russian Nationals Free Dance | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2023-24 Russian Nationals Free Dance

Mathematician

Pilgrim on a long journey
Medalist
I very much enjoyed the peaceful former third of that. I wish so many programs wouldnt insist on jarring changes into ferocity.

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Irina and devid look good together. I really hope they can get bronze for devid sake. Irina looked like she wanted beat devid yesterday
Her gaze was not angry, but rather sad. It reflected the question "why?"

Mathematician

Pilgrim on a long journey
Medalist
Im starting to warm up to Tarasova a bit recently. I like that she is brutally honest and technically sophisticated. But I'm still thankful not to have her voice over the ladies skating, especially mid-skate.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Getting back to Shanaeva / Drodz

Well, we've had lots of people doing their own versions of Chopin and Beethoven pieces, so I suppose it is Bach's turn.

The reason it took so long for me to post this is that I was trying to find out who was providing the vocals. I was curious because the voice sounded to me like a particular singer from Belfast. But, I eventually found out that it was an Italian called Petra Magoni.

CaroLiza_fan

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Sofia and Daniil couldn't handle the pressure. I didn't expect them to be in medal contention. I guess they didn't either.

But I expected Ira and Devid to be strong. After seeing them at the show and then at the test skates. In general, when they were just announced as a couple. Nothing against Dario, but he and Irina just didn't match together.

The top eight places are about what I expected.

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
I'm actually glad there's such competition. There's no gap like in the past. If M/U didn't make a few little flaws here and there, they could have challenged L/G for the fifth place. Their TES is above L/G's.

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I wonder what Dolly Parton thinks of this version of "I Will Always Love You"...?

I know what I think of it! 🙉

No, if you're going to skate to that song, it has to be the iconic Whitney Houston cover.

Actually, I didn't like the costumes either.

But the skating was great!

Into 2nd in the FD and 1st overall.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

icewhite

Record Breaker
I don't know, that's just not as good as I remember them to be.
Her body however is.

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I know we've seen a lot of similar dresses to this over the years, but I was getting very worried that Sasha was going to get tripped up with the way the material was flying about and getting caught around her legs.

But, that was beautiful.

CaroLiza_fan