2023 CS Autumn Classic Men's Free Skate | Page 17 | Golden Skate

2023 CS Autumn Classic Men's Free Skate

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I cannot compare to before. First time seeing him live. Lot more work needs to be done but the guy is a beautiful jumper. Spins need work. And of course, music commitment. Good thing for him is that when he gets to the last 30 seconds after all jumps are done, he does get alive...some others try but are too tired.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Samuel Contesti, Ross Miner, and Pernille Carron and Lloyd Jones all skated competitive programs including "Cotton Eye Joe" and there was an ice dance team from Belarus (Kavaliova and Bieliaiev) who used other songs from the same album. Sadly the list is not much longer, as opposed to the "Exogenesis" list.
I’m desperately looking for any of these programs on youtube

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Did you meet other skaters?
Many. Your fave Kevin Reynolds... Everest Zhu, Bruce Waddell, gage Brown, Liu and nagy, everyone is here and at these small events, skaters just sit in the audience. I saw Kayia, Lee Barkell, gogo, Pasquale, everyone really. And yes.. gage is super short of course

Last edited:

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Many. You fave Kevin Reynolds... Everest Zhu, Bruce Waddell, gage Brown, Liu and nagy, everyone is here and at these small events, skaters just sit in the audience. I saw Kaia, Lee Barkell, gogo, Pasquale, everyone really. And yes.. gage is super short of course

Ahhhh that's awesome!!!! You met Kevin (Met him at 2017 Skate America, but still, cool!)!

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
As a fellow autograph collector I concur.
I know skaters are super nice about it, but I don't like to ask them things, because I also don't like when people ask me such things or want to talk to me for too long after a performance or anything like that. So I have a very strict policy : if a skater, coach or their parents or family start a conversation with me, I will of course chat with them, which has happened at these events. However, I will not approach any of them myself to respect their privacy.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I know skaters are super nice about it, but I don't like to ask them things, because I also don't like when people ask me such things or want to talk to me for too long after a performance or anything like that. So I have a very strict policy : if a skater, coach or their parents or family start a conversation with me, I will of course chat with them, which has happened at these events. However, I will not approach any of them myself to respect their privacy.
If they don't like it when I approach them they are extraordinarily good actors/actresses. Not only does Amber sign everyone's Pride flags (she asked my name, which no other skater has ever done and signed with a big beautiful signature and a big beautiful smile) but she invites everyone who brought Pride flags to take a group photo with her after the competition.
Also there is FOFS breakfast where I have to believe they are 100% certain they will be approached by many people. That's what the event is for.