2023 Cup of China Pairs Free Skate | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2023 Cup of China Pairs Free Skate

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Much more more or less or more minor technical deficiencies here than at Skate Canada from Stellato-Dudek/Deschamps but they're gonna win anyway. And another vampiric program today. 😁 As a fan of horrors I approve. I think they might have been more tight already thinking about the GPF and also maybe even jet lagged.

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
I don't find Beccari/Guarise great yet. And while they're developing nicely I struggle to root for them, I'm sorry. They seem to be good people and obviously have some impressive skills (much less so though in the 2nd mark so far) so I respect them but I am not into teams with such huge age discrepancies. 😬
me neither usually, but Lucrezia is one of my "children" and i'm happy she found new life in pairs, she was going nowhere in singles. am i biased? yes i am, sir, guilty as charged

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
me neither usually, but Lucrezia is one of my "children" and i'm happy she found new life in pairs, she was going nowhere in singles. am i biased? yes i am, sir, guilty as charged

Yes, it's great for her as Matteo is a great partner. :) And in her situation she was not forced/coaxed by anyone or forced by some circumstances to do that afaik - it was her own decision to do Pairs unlike in uhm ... certain teams that were formed in the past. But I still have a lot of sadly unflattering associations when it comes to such teams from the past and it also makes me wonder how long they can continue skating together given that he's 35. :( But maybe Rebecca can find some other partner if/when Matteo decides to retire.

Seven Sisters

Medalist
Let me just say that I am unable to watch live because I am enroute somewhere but this comment gives me life:

But I also think I may be suffering from Cheng Peng Blindness incurred by her awesomeness

I watched the SP on replay last night and thought the same thing—just love Cheng Peng, she is a star, and has been much missed

yuumagical

"There is always something to love."
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Forgot about the medals ceremony. Thank you for the reminder. Happy you were able to watch and hope you don't feel too sleep deprived. :)
Well, I slept during the women and most of the men, so it's not too bad...

QuadThrow

Medalist
Hocke/Kunkel skate worse and worse the more competitions they are doing. But still their chances for the GPF are quite high. They have a lot of luck with the draw.

Hase/Volodin needs place 1 or 2 in Espoo and NHK. What is very likely. Then both German teams are probably in the GPF.

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Re-watched Peng/Wang and the Italians.

Rebecca has the characterization of the Dracula theme better than anyone in the dracula/vampire programs. She has this smile which conveys the subtle wickedness better than the grimaces.

And Rebecca also does so much more characterization with her body positions. I really enjoyed all of it. And Filippi supported and kept the character all the way while, IMO, Rebecca shined! ❤️ or shone ....

yuumagical

"There is always something to love."
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Let me just say that I am unable to watch live because I am enroute somewhere but this comment gives me life:

But I also think I may be suffering from Cheng Peng Blindness incurred by her awesomeness

I watched the SP on replay last night and thought the same thing—just love Cheng Peng, she is a star, and has been much missed
Cheng Peng really is a star both on and off the ice. She gave me her autograph at Skate America 2019 despite me not knowing enough Mandarin Chinese to ask for an autograph and only being able to indicate my desire to get an autograph by repeatedly pointing at her photo in the program booklet... Her autograph is beautiful and I am tremendously grateful to have it in my collection. 🥰