2023 German Championships | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2023 German Championships

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
"You don't tug on Superman's cape
You don't spit into the wind
You don't pull the mask off that old Lone Ranger
And you don't mess around with Jim"

What a great song to have playing during a Men's Podium Ceremony! :rock:

Jim Croce - "You Don't Mess Around With Jim"

And finally for today, the Pairs.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Eh? What's the craic with the wee shed on the ice?

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Ah, finally. The national anthem was played for the Pairs.

You know, instead of saving playing the German anthem until the last Ceremony, it would have been nice to have had the relevant regional anthem being played during each Ceremony. That is assuming there are regional anthems in Germany.

Good to hear the audience getting rowdy for the Pairs again! They really do love them!

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Ah, something else is happening now. But, I have to go.

I'll catch up when the stream gets archived.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Right, just flicked back over to the stream, and there a group of skaters who look Junior-age on the ice, and one of them is doing hanging onto a hoop hanging from the ceiling.

Reminds me of the sort of thing Violetta Afanasieva does.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Back to the competitions, and Day 3 starts off with a Free Dance triple-bill. First up, the 3 Intermediate Novice partnerships, followed immediately by the 7 Advanced Novice partnerships. But, I'll do separate posts for the two segments.

Livestream for the Intermediate Novice Free Dance is now on air.

Here is the link for the archived livestream:
https://sportdeutschland.tv/deutsche-eislauf-union/deutschen-meisterschaften-2023-tag-3

Here is the Time Schedule:
http://www.deu-event.de/results/dm2023/FSKXICEDANCEINTNOV----FNL-000100--_StartListwithTimes.pdf

And here is the live scoring:
http://www.deu-event.de/results/dm2023/SEG020.htm

Hope this helps

:cheer: ALL THE BEST EVERYBODY!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I am thoroughly confused. The Time Schedule has the partnerships listed according to the standings / scores from PD1, while the livescoring page has them listed according to the standings / scores from PD2.

So, I have no idea if they are going in random order or reverse order of current standings!

Whatever is happening, the partnership I am interested in is going first.

☘️ ALL THE BEST HOLLY AND JAN!!! ☘️

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Yay!!! A "Grease" programme to kick off the day!!!

Holly looking very summery in a bright yellow dress. (Appropriate, as the sun is splitting the trees back here in Ireland!) And Jan is wearing what you would expect the guy to wear for a "Grease" programme! :p

Really fun programme. And skated well. I really enjoyed it.

:cheer: WELL DONE HOLLY AND JAN!!! :cheer:

Now for the youngsters, with Michael Jackson.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
These kids representing Saxony look VERY young, but they also look VERY promising.

Michael Jackson music always manages to make good programmes.

They go into 2nd.

And now to finish with the sibling partnership.

CaroLiza_fan

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
These kids representing Saxony look VERY young, but they also look VERY promising.

Michael Jackson music always manages to make good programmes.

They go into 2nd.

And now to finish with the sibling partnership.

CaroLiza_fan
Yes, I must say these two could develop very well in the next few years.

Laura Alexis already has so much expressiveness for such a young skater, but of course, it's hard in the beginning to do lifts and spins when both partners are still very small, that's why the Free Dance is their weakness for now.

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
ALADDIN!!!!!! Specifically "Arabian Nights" and "Friend Like Me".

I watched the live-action version of the film on Christmas Day. And it was the versions of the songs used in this film that they skated to.

Personally, I would have preferred if they were skating to the versions of the songs used in the animated film. But, that's just me.

The costumes aren't actually from the film. And, if I'm honest, when they came out and I saw the costumes, I thought they would be skating to traditional Thai music. (Their names give away that they have Thai heritage).

But, I really enjoyed everything about the programme.

They win the Free Dance, and overall.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
And we move straight onto the Advanced Novices.

Livestream for the Advanced Novice Free Dance is now on air.

Here is the link for the archived livestream (starts at 22m 27s):
https://sportdeutschland.tv/deutsche-eislauf-union/deutschen-meisterschaften-2023-tag-3

Here is the Time Schedule:
http://www.deu-event.de/results/dm2023/FSKXICEDANCEADVNOV----FNL-000100--_StartListwithTimes.pdf

And here is the live scoring:
http://www.deu-event.de/results/dm2023/SEG017.htm

Hope this helps

:cheer: ALL THE BEST EVERYBODY!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
Wow, I just found out that both Warunya and Paiboon were actually born in Michigan, and moved (back, I assume, based on their German last names) to Bavaria within two years of Warunya's birth. They are also almost exactly one year apart. 😁

Paiboon is already 174 cm tall at 13, while his sister is just 148 cm at 12.:oops: This makes me a bit worried for their future as a team together, as she looks to be on the shorter side and could well stay at 160 cm or below, while he might even grow to be 190 cm tall.

Last edited:

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
Vampires followed by Harry Potter? Good to see that fantasy is still alive and well in Novice Ice Dance.

I really wish we'd see more of this and less mature sophistication in Juniors too, hell, for the fun of it, I'd also love to see it in Seniors (though I get that judges don't seem to score it particularly well).

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Wow, I just found out that both Warunya and Paiboon were actually born in Michigan, and moved (back, I assume, based on their German last names) to Bavaria within two years of Warunya's birth. They are also almost exactly one year apart. 😁

Paiboon is already 174 cm tall at 13, while his sister is just 148 cm at 12.:oops:

Very intersting.

I'm surprised there is only 1 year age difference. I thought it would be more. But, I guess that is because of the height difference.

Before moving onto the Advanced Novices, boys but it was close between the three partnerships. 1.74 points separating 2nd and 3rd, and 4.25 points covering the whole field.

Just shows why I couldn't judge where any of them would slot in! They were just too well matched!

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Vampires followed by Harry Potter? Good to see that fantasy is still alive and well in Novice Ice Dance.

During the Warm-Up, I was trying to work out what on Earth Anna Sarah KROL / Robert MARTYNENKO (BAY) would be skating to based on their school uniform costumes, and I couldn't! :laugh: (I haven't watched any of the Harry Potter films).

I really wish we'd see more of this and less mature sophistication in Juniors too, hell, for the fun of it, I'd also love to see it in Seniors (though I get that judges don't seem to score it particularly well).

I completely agree.

Zhiganshina / Gazsi always had the most brilliant and imaginative programmes, but they were never appreciated by the Judges. And we saw the same happen to my Cypriot kids in Juniors last year when they did a similar programme.

I love these sorts of programmes. And I love programmes that let kids have fun, like we just saw in the Intermediate Novices.

CaroLiza_fan

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
During the Warm-Up, I was trying to work out what on Earth Anna Sarah KROL / Robert MARTYNENKO (BAY) would be skating to based on their school uniform costumes, and I couldn't! :laugh: (I haven't watch any of the Harry Potter films).

I completely agree.

Zhiganshina / Gazsi always had the most brilliant and imaginative programmes, but they were never appreciated by the Judges. And we saw the same happen to my Cypriot kids in Juniors last year when they did a similar programme.

I love these sorts of programmes. And I love programmes that let kids have fun, like we just saw in the Intermediate Novices.

CaroLiza_fan
Hey, I'm already happy about the one Chinese Junior-Senior ice dance team who is doing a Harry Potter Free Dance this season.

Hopefully, they'll be at 4CC and Jr Worlds so we can appreciate the program in better quality than the live stream quality from Santa Claus Cup.

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Oh, collision between 2 partnerships just after the start of the Warm-Up. :eek:

And it looks like Mozart is going to be skating in this group!

CaroLiza_fan

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
Ok, so we had vampires, Harry Potter, James Bond - What's this? Pirates? Something with swords at least.