Martinique
Skate Ontario's first summer event.

July 20 - 23, 2023​

Not much detail yet...

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Entry List for Skate Ontario Sectional Series July is posted on competition website,
https://www.skateontario.org/result...*MTY4ODI1NTY4NC4yOC4xLjE2ODgyNTU4NjEuMC4wLjA.

As well as Skate Canada Next Gen Camp Competition Entry List,
https://www.skateontario.org/result...*MTY4ODI1NTY4NC4yOC4xLjE2ODgyNTU3MDAuMC4wLjA.
Thank you for the update. Nice to see Gaby back in action ! Looking forward to watching Fiona as well.

I will make a thread for the next gen Camp competition.

figureskatingandrainbows

As Kao Miura once said, スケートって難しい
Record Breaker
Country
Olympic
Excited to see Ting Tzu Han (Taiwan) on the list for senior women!
Did she switch countries? At the very least, I'm excited that she's spending more time at TCC now, I love her skating and she has the technical arsenal to be successful if she can rotate everything.

gleungc6

On the Ice
Did she switch countries? At the very least, I'm excited that she's spending more time at TCC now, I love her skating and she has the technical arsenal to be successful if she can rotate everything.
Im afraid I don’t have any information beyond what is publicly available on instagram etc. I assume she is still representing Taiwan as that is what her instagram bio says, and that she is just at this competition because she is training in Canada at the moment.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
The summer series are non-qualifying events, meaning that they are open to anyone really... if you look at CQÉ, you will find skaters representing about a dozen different countries !

Reverie

On the Ice
The Senior Women's list for the Skate Ontario Sectionals July competition essentially has all the female skaters that placed in the top 10 at Nationals competing except Ruiter and Schizas. I wonder if the latter two will be doing international summer assignments instead. In any case, should be great skating to watch live for a relative nominal entrance fee!

Sackie

Medalist
Yes it will be nice to see Fiona skate but also to see how she does against Justine Miclette. Justine has been sent out quite a bit by SC yet Fiona outskated her last year. Don't think Justine has stepped up the way SC was counting on and wonder how much longer they will continue to push her above others.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Yes it will be nice to see Fiona skate but also to see how she does against Justine Miclette. Justine has been sent out quite a bit by SC yet Fiona outskated her last year. Don't think Justine has stepped up the way SC was counting on and wonder how much longer they will continue to push her above others.
Isn't that the issue? Because Skate Canada is stingy in sending out athletes, when they pick one, all the pressure is on her.. and then, most likely, she falters... Justine was promising... now, she had a bad season... tough to recover. Seems like the same is happening with Maddie. I think Kaiya may have the kind of guts that allows her to sustain the pressure but she is still not seasoned yet. Sara-Maude : she had a couple good performances but WTT was tough. Hope she recovers. Fiona : let's see. I think she is a nicer overall skater than all the ones I have mentioned, except perhaps Kaiya who has this exuberant style which is refreshing. Fiona will need to show up big time on consistency to earn spots this year because, once again, Canada has almost nothing.

Sackie

Medalist
Hope Fiona and Sara-Maude do come on strong this season and that Kaiya keeps getting better. Be nice to have 3 other ladies pushing Maddie. Think part of Maddie's problem is that she knew she was CAN # 1 no matter what. Our best result years in ladies were when we had several skaters pushing each other. When we had Alaine, Gabby and Kaetlyn they even took turns being Champs. But of course the biggest difference now is that back then all our top ladies got sent out more and were able to get SBs scores. Had Kaetlyn not got sent to Nebelhorn as an unknown when she like Fiona came 3rd in CAN, would she have gone on to do as well as she did.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
More info :

the event is this weekend !

with live streaming

Manley Rink: https://dai.ly/x8mirfi

Senecal Rink: https://dai.ly/x8mirhx

The schedule is here

Sackie

Medalist
Would say that this is the season for some of these skaters to step up and show what they can do. Especially since we are now one year into a new Olympic Cycle. In ladies and men we have several contenders now for big events - they just need the show they are ready.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Sara-Maude skated really well, using Never Go Back by Evanescence, all jumps were clean but only did 3Lz+2T for the combo
i think Sara-Maude used to do 3t-3t for combo.. so perhaps the 3z-2t will turn into a 3z-3t later on?