Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Results for Senior RD are up, but no details
Hensen/Lickers 66.18
Robertson/Portz 60.08
Bronsard/Richmond 57.76
Malcom/Chant 53.06
very low score for Bronsard-Richmond... will have to look at their protocols...

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
They aren't up yet. I thought maybe she fell on one of the step sequences, but I wasn't sure if it was that or just an awkward move. The score wart crapped out, as did the scores. What I saw was just the total score, not broken into TES + PCS - DED, so I couldn't see if there was a deduction.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
They aren't up yet. I thought maybe she fell on one of the step sequences, but I wasn't sure if it was that or just an awkward move. The score wart crapped out, as did the scores. What I saw was just the total score, not broken into TES + PCS - DED, so I couldn't see if there was a deduction.
i also got so excited about the music that i didn't look super carefully LOL

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada

i also got so excited about the music that i didn't look super carefully LOL
The protocols are up. Indeed she fell on the pattern step. While the two teams ahead of them got 9.82 points on that element, they got 2.25. Factor in the -1 for the fall and they lost 8.57 points on the one element. That would have been enough to just edge them into first place.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
The protocols are up. Indeed she fell on the pattern step. While the two teams ahead of them got 9.82 points on that element, they got 2.25. Factor in the -1 for the fall and they lost 8.57 points on the one element. That would have been enough to just edge them into first place.
makes sense... and of course, the PCS probably went down...

it's uncanny she made the mistake, the weaker skater is jacob usually... his twizzles were so so again today.

i love this team and i love their music so i hope i will see them at CQE... i will only be going to one day of ACI (in case they showed up there too) so i doubt i will see them there... gotta work sometimes you know LOL

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
There has been a change in the protocols. Where the skaters are judged separately, They are designated as A and B rather than M and F (or maybe F and M). My first reaction to seeing any Bs is an echo of Madison Hubbell's incredulous "BASIC??????". I'll have to figure out which skater is A and which is B. Probably the first skater listed in the team's name is "skater A".

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
There has been a change in the protocols. Where the skaters are judged separately, They are designated as A and B rather than M and F (or maybe F and M). My first reaction to seeing any Bs is an echo of Madison Hubbell's incredulous "BASIC??????". I'll have to figure out which skater is A and which is B. Probably the first skater listed in the team's name is "skater A".
ha ! why not use skater 1 and 2? i mean...

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
maybe because the numbers would then get confused with levels in the protocols? Not sure

Currently:
sqTwA1+sqtwB3

If they did skater 1 and 2 id assume it would then be sqtw11+sqtw23 which would look more confusing I guesd
yeah... i guess so... in any case, this will be only done in Canada I suppose...

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Standings after first group:
Kent/Laliberte-Laurent 52.38
Kemp/Elizarov 50.76
Desrochers/Thrasher 47.28

I was most looking forward to D/T. They looked very new, a lot of doubles and -GOEs, but promising.

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Some interesting math from Skate Canada : 25.12 + 21.39 = 24.92 They have noticed, because they just announced that "the unofficial standings are not available".

yesterday

Record Breaker
A and B? Hmm.. is there any statement which equals which?
Why not use initials? Sounds elaborate but somehow they will have to connect the A/B in the background as well?

When they shorten names in tennis inserts it's also been "Fed vs. Nad" and not "P1 vs. P2".
Or in Formula 1 for example.

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
A and B? Hmm.. is there any statement which equals which?
Why not use initials? Sounds elaborate but somehow they will have to connect the A/B in the background as well?

When they shorten names in tennis inserts it's also been "Fed vs. Nad" and not "P1 vs. P2".
Or in Formula 1 for example.
I just noticed the A and B in the protocols. I can't even remember that the ISU uses, except I think it's M for the man. And no, I have no idea how you can tell which skater is A and which is B. Maybe someone can ask Skate Canada or Ted Barton on social media.

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I thought I'd seen all the technical glitches, but I was wrong. During the senior FD, the camera went blurry, followed by just the score wart on a black screen, followed by normal camera work.

I also notice that the score wart (which has such small print it is almost unreadable), sometimes shows skaterA/skaterB and sometimes skaterB/skaterA.