2023 Shanghai Trophy | Oct 3-5 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2023 Shanghai Trophy | Oct 3-5

labgoat

Working on Costumes contest & REWATCHES
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
[You can see the lines of coding I am referring to clearer in the example above in this post].

In fact, if you want to make it into one table, all you have to do is remove the [/TABLE ] at the end of the Short table, and the [TABLE ] at the start of the Free table as well. [Spaces added so that the coding doesn't work].
I don't know how to see this? I might need some coaching since my usual MO is to drop in a table from word. Once upon a time I did do some code, but never on our site.

Also I mostly like the idea because it looks clean and hopefully is not too time consuming.
One other question, if I may. My tables from word are always lined up vertically and started at the top but end up vertically centered on the site. Is there any way to fix this jumpy look?

At home in Word it looks like this?
2023 FT at home.png

On GS it looks like this? It looks really uneven when pairs has few entries and ladies has a lot.
Maybe it is not really an issue, but maybe it is?
Please don't feel you have to rush to address this. I am considering this a concept to tweak before major events.

2023 FT on GS.png

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I don't know how to see this? I might need some coaching since my usual MO is to drop in a table from word. Once upon a time I did do some code, but never on our site.

Ah, sorry.

Since GS moved to XenForo, the reply box automatically appears in "What You See Is What You Get" mode by default. And to get into coding mode, you have to press a button towards the end of the toolbar that looks like "[ ]".

When GS was on vBulletin, it was the other way around. Coding mode was the default, and you had to press a button to get into "WYSIWYG" mode. And because I was used to it like that, the first thing I do after I sign in is to go into a thread and switch to coding mode. So, I forget that other members probably don't do this (or probably don't even know that they can do it).

I actually do the same as you when it comes to tables. I make them out in Word, and then paste them in using "WYSIWYG" mode. Much easier than trying to make out the tables from scratch in the reply box. But, after pasting them in, I switch back to coding mode.

A thing you may notice when in coding mode, which really winds me up. If you paste a table in and then switch to coding mode, it inserts a blank line in between every line of the table's code. These don't get displayed in the final post, but they are really annoying because they greatly increase the amount of scrolling you have to do within the reply box. I usually delete all these extra lines to get the draft to a more manageable size within the reply box. But you don't actually have to.

Also I mostly like the idea because it looks clean and hopefully is not too time consuming.

Not time consuming at all. It took me less than a minute to do those mock-ups. The longest part was writing the title of the box. Everything else was just copy and paste.

One other question, if I may. My tables from word are always lined up vertically and started at the top but end up vertically centered on the site. Is there any way to fix this jumpy look?

At home in Word it looks like this?
View attachment 7044
On GS it looks like this? It looks really uneven when pairs has few entries and ladies has a lot.
Maybe it is not really an issue, but maybe it is?
Please don't feel you have to rush to address this. I am considering this a concept to tweak before major events.

View attachment 7045

I have the same problem with tables. And I am afraid that I don't know of a fix for stopping the tables being centred vertically.

However, if you had asked about the whole table being centred horizontally after pasting it in from Word, I know the answer to that one. Because with this, you see what the problem is straight away when you go into coding mode.

The first line of the code for the table is [CENTER ][TABLE ] and the last line is [/TABLE ][/CENTER ] . (Spaces added to stop the code working).

To get it to display without being horizontally centred, just delete the [CENTER ] and [/CENTER ] .

I have no idea why the system automatically centres the tables when they are pasted in. But, at least it is a simple fix for the horizontal centring.

Hopefully this has helped make things clearer (and apologies if it hasn't. I am useless at explaining things!)

CaroLiza_fan

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Youtube link for those who need it:

icewhite

Record Breaker
On our national holiday the German pair should rule later :biggrin:

But now on to the men, all of which are amazing here, great line up.

icewhite

Record Breaker
well, 3 falls, but otherwise nicely done. it's not easy to hold your own in such a line up I think

figureskatingandrainbows

As Kao Miura once said, スケートって難しい
Record Breaker
Country
Olympic
Honestly, do you think I'm getting carried away thinking that Adam has chances to win the WC?
Medal? Absolutely. Win? If chaos happens, perhaps. But there are several skaters who will be contending with him for the podium. The Japanese delegation, which will hopefully feature a fully healthy Shoma and Yuma, Jun, Kevin, Ilia... it'll be an exciting event for sure.

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
I was struggling to send the stream to my TV so I missed Jimmy Ma, how did he do?

icewhite

Record Breaker
Medal? Absolutely. Win? If chaos happens, perhaps. But there are several skaters who will be contending with him for the podium. The Japanese delegation, which will hopefully feature a fully healthy Shoma and Yuma, Jun, Kevin, Ilia... it'll be an exciting event for sure.

Personally I like Yuma, Jun and of course Kevin better, but if Adam goes clean (which he has shown he's capable of) I can't see anyone but Shoma and Ilia beating him.