2023 U.S. Nationals Sr. Pairs Short Program | Page 19 | Golden Skate

2023 U.S. Nationals Sr. Pairs Short Program

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
That comment wasn't really directed toward you. You didn't say that and I'm sorry if I suggested you did. It is just a common viewpoint that many seem to hold about this team.
good to know!
Personally, I really don't think the SP program necessarily calls for eye contact. But, they would benefit from more eye contact in the FS. I'm not really inclined to defend their FS as much as I will their SP. I like the unique direction they have taken in the SP. I think the pairs discipline would benefit from more departures from the norm.

The FS is better than most pairs' programs this season but isn't really as unique and is more traditional, so hopefully, they do look at each other more during that program. It would definitely help their presentation in that segment.
We'll see, tonight :)

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Where can I watch pairs sp in its completeness?? Any suggestions, please🙏

The pairs SP complete is still up on the Peacock site, glory be! :) Click on "sports", then scroll down just a little till you see icons for various sports. One, near the middle is figure skating. When you click on that, the current and future programs will come up first, and then there's a row of events with a "Replay" on it.

I hope you're able to see this in time to catch it, and hope you're able to watch it. It's an interesting event.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Valentina & Max not only went clean, they skated better than the two teams ahead of them, eh. This is the way the game is played though. U.S. fed already know who they want to send to Worlds. P/ F will have to continue proving themselves.

Like I said in the Practices thread, Jim Peterson always has his teams ready for U.S. Nationals. They show up and show out, sometimes when least expected to do so. I was impressed by Valentina's crispness and surety on the jumps, which she doesn't always display. But they were both on point. I say keep it up for the fp Valentina & Max! :cheer2: Make the judges work!

IMO, Ellie & Danny were slightly better than Emily & Spencer. And Valentina/ Max skated better than both those teams. Of course, Emily/ Spencer medaled on the GP and went to GPF. And they are favored by U. S. fed. E&S have a lot of talent, but they also struggle with injury issues. Had they skated clean, they would be further ahead. Meanwhile, Ellie/ Danny looked prepared and comfortable with each other. There was a double turn on a sbs jump landing by Ellie, yet a good performance overall -- on a par in ability with Emily/ Spencer.

So the middle range 60s scores of C/H, K/O, and P/F were definitely managed and massaged for the outcome most preferred. Still, it's up to the skaters to continue battling and let the chips fall where they may. The fed still reserves the right to send who they prefer to Worlds in any case.
I honestly though the Canadian teams were better in particular SD. I would have had SD higher. Chan and Howe were my anticipated silver medallists buts SD were stronger than I thought and CH weaker than I thought. In fact I was not convinced they were USA no. 1 h ere though clearly USFA wants them known as USA no. 1 here.

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
I honestly though the Canadian teams were better in particular SD. I would have had SD higher. Chan and Howe were my anticipated silver medallists buts SD were stronger than I thought and CH weaker than I thought. In fact I was not convinced they were USA no. 1 h ere though clearly USFA wants them known as USA no. 1 here.
You must be in the wrong thread. You appear to be discussing 4CCs. This thread is about U.S. Nationals.