2023 World Junior Women's Short Program | Page 47 | Golden Skate

2023 World Junior Women's Short Program

mrrice

Record Breaker
I m sure they will do better in the LP.. They knew they were fighting for a spot on the final flight and that it was going to be tough... so there was a lot of pressure. Now, they can skate freely. Happens all the time... I expect better LP results for all 3 of them.
:pray: :pray: :pray:

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Good Morning everyone. OK, I have to say it, seeing the US Ladies finishing this low is devastating. When you go from Gold and Bronze to not a having a single lady in the flight....I don't know what happened but, I certainly hope ONE of them will skate well in the free. Sadly, I think our 3rd spot is history. I'd hate to see us drop down to one if they skate the way they did in the SP. I haven't seen Claire's performance but, I have seen her throughout the season and I have always enjoyed her skating.
Cheer up buttercup. Have some faith. All three US skaters are more than capable of earning two spots at least. They have the tech and artistry. This is not exactly a stellar year for juniors but rather a lot of good skaters bunched up together.

mrrice

Record Breaker
Cheer up buttercup. Have some faith. All three US skaters are more than capable of earning two spots at least. They have the tech and artistry. This is not exactly a stellar year for juniors but rather a lot of good skaters bunched up together.
We'll see. I'll be thrilled if any of them finish in the top 6. I never like going into the free needing other skaters to bomb in order to finish well. I'm hoping for the best.

PaulE

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Would a video of her do?

Yukiko OKABE / Takashi MURA (JPN) - 1979 NHK Trophy SP

There doesn't seem to be much info about her in English. And I can't speak Japanese.

But, here's a translation of her page on the Japanese Wikipedia:

https://ja-m-wikipedia-org.translate.goog/wiki/岡部由紀子?_x_tr_sl=auto&_x_tr_tl=en

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan
Thank you very much for this info. I realize it is off topic in this thread. When I started reading this thread I thought I had started the Women's Short on YouTube but found out after I made my post that I was listening to the replay of Pairs where Yukiko Okabe was introduced as the referee. Hearing her name reminded me that I had seen or heard her name many times as an official and wondered where she came from. It is interesting that she was a pairs skater for Japan in 1979—I did not realize that Japan had competed in pairs that long ago.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Thank you very much for this info. I realize it is off topic in this thread. When I started reading this thread I thought I had started the Women's Short on YouTube but found out after I made my post that I was listening to the replay of Pairs where Yukiko Okabe was introduced as the referee. Hearing her name reminded me that I had seen or heard her name many times as an official and wondered where she came from. It is interesting that she was a pairs skater for Japan in 1979—I did not realize that Japan had competed in pairs that long ago.

Although I don't normally actively look into it, it is actually interesting to find out about the backgrounds of the officials.

As for putting on the wrong competition, I actually made the same mistake when I came to watch the girls after finishing the Pairs. It was a few minutes before I realised "hang on, this is what I just watched!"

Don't tell anybody, but I had accidentally forgotten to change the livestream link when I copied the reminder post over from the Pairs thread... :slink:

So, sorry if this is what caught you out. I fixed it as soon as I realised this morning.

CaroLiza_fan