2024 World Championships Practices | Golden Skate

2024 World Championships Practices

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Practice times are on the main schedule. I have no link to practice groups yet.

YuBluByMe

May Rika spin her hair into GOLD….in 2026.
Final Flight
I’ll be on deck Sunday and I plan to catch practices at the main rink only. I’ll split it because I ain’t staying at the rink all day. Singles Monday afternoon and Dance and Pairs on Tuesday afternoon.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Practice Groups & Music Rotation
Just a reminder that practice groups before the draw are based on country, and are somewhat random.

I wouldn't expect many skaters to show up for the early practices on Monday.
I don't expect myself to show up at 630am for practices, especially assuming that skaters will skip it too :)

I will try to go for a couple hours on Monday and Tuesday in the late morning... perhaps... but when competition starts, I will skip practices. I may go to men's on Saturday morning if I feel I still haven't got enough skating by then ;)
I would skip the gala usually but with Patrick skating in it, Sunday is happening.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Ok. I made up my mind.. I can try to attend some of the pairs tomorrow. I didn't cancel my appointments Monday and Tuesday afternoons, so I still have some work to do... So I cannot stay the entire day. It will depend how well I sleep :) I set my alarm, if all goes well, I could be at the rink to watch pairs on Monday and perhaps, later groups of men and earlier groups of women on Tuesday. I am thinking it will be either day not both... because I truly believe in pacing myself through the week ;) I am just excited to go, as I had originally planned to skip all practices but I do have the tickets ;) so if only to spot the washrooms and refreshment options for when the real stuff starts, it may be a good thing to try showing up tomorrow morning ;)

Kitt

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I am not going to wake up early tomorrow for the 6:30 am ice dance practice and I don't want to bore my poor husband to death. But I will probably go in the afternoon and definitely more on Tuesday. I've never been to that arena so will have to check out the ins and outs to be ready for Wednesday.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I am not going to wake up early tomorrow for the 6:30 am ice dance practice and I don't want to bore my poor husband to death. But I will probably go in the afternoon and definitely more on Tuesday. I've never been to that arena so will have to check out the ins and outs to be ready for Wednesday.
I believe many of the dancers will skip it too ;) gosh that's early.

TwinnerA

Final Flight
Country
United-States
So the American ladies are in Group 6 whose second practice on Tuesday starts at 10:05 pm? Do the practices always start so late for some of the skaters?

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Anyone already there? I was planning to go but something came up... I may go still a bit later but for now, my plans have unfortunately shifted... looking for arguments to force me to the rink despite my less than ideal morning. :)

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
Anyone already there? I was planning to go but something came up... I may go still a bit later but for now, my plans have unfortunately shifted... looking for arguments to force me to the rink despite my less than ideal morning. :)
Do what is necessary.. rest
Then get there as soon as possible🤗
Totally envious🤩

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Do what is necessary.. rest
Then get there as soon as possible🤗
Totally envious🤩
Thanks . I will be going soon. Some problems in my building. Got woken up super early for me. 7am. Then no hot water since then. Was not able to get back to sleep. So I guess I will just go in a few minutes for a short walk to the rink and enjoy a bit of skating before I deal with work this afternoon.

Ziotic

Medalist
I loved putting predictions in for the competition. Although there are some front runners they still have to skate well to win, something that hasn’t always been the case.