2024 Worlds: General Info and Pre-game chat | Page 11 | Golden Skate

2024 Worlds: General Info and Pre-game chat

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
And that is probably why you would be happy to have the Bell Centre host again :)

Seriously, of all the competitions I have attended, only Worldwide Arena in Colorado Springs for 4CC 2023 approached this level of food awfulness.
if your main complaint is the food... easy solved.

but seriously, arena food is always awful.. that's why i always look for alternatives. a lot of people made dinner reservations timed with the skating breaks. 2 minutes away there was a bagel shop, an italian grocery store where you could eat from their deli a fancy patisserie and a supermarket. i went a bit further to avoid the crowds.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I cannot believe it's been almost a full week since Worlds are over.
Just wanted to make a "thanks to" post because I am so grateful for a full week of emotions !!!!

THANK YOU Covid 19 for having Montreal 2020 canceled. It made me want to attend 2024 so much more that I bought an all-event pass ( I think I had bought only a couple days back then) . Also, there are some skaters that weren't around yet in 2020 and it's not like I missed much from the 2020 crew that are no longer around (except for Nathan). It made me take the whole week off so I could throw myself into a complete skating abyss.

So in that sense, Thank you ISU, Skate Canada, Patinage Québec and Montréal for making worlds happen. I am not counting on it, but if ever they came back to Bell Centre, I would definitely buy an all-event pass again !

Thank you to the weather for being mild this winter... it allowed me to walk back and forth to the venue every day. (Sorry for those not used to it)

Thank you to myself for choosing an awesome seat ;) No regret there. You gotta buy early, and get the best seat available at the price point you feel is reasonable ;)

Thank you to all skaters who gave me so many emotions all week... especially Shoma, Adam, Yuma, Lukas, Frangi ♥️Kaori, Chaeyeon, Loena, Kimmy, Piper and Paul, Marjo and Zach, Evgeniia and Geoffrey, Hannah and Ye, Loicia and Théo, Juulia and Mathias, Laurence and Nikolaj, Deanna and Max, Riku and Ryuichi, Minerva and Nikita, Daria and Michel, Anastasia and Hektor, Lia and Trennt, Kelly Ann and Loucas, and Sara and Niccolo and Les Suprêmes !

Thank you to these who brought the house down for their incredible performances : Ilia and his all-you-can-eat jumping buffet, Adam with his fabulous LP (BF or not... BF here does not stand for breakfast like it usually does for me) Patrick, it's always so nice to see you skate. Shoma with the most memorable SP I have witnessed live... LaLa for everything you are !!!! Piper and Paul for your epic free dance. And of course, thank you Deanna and Max : to see that SP on the first night of the event really gave the tone to the week... The energy in the Bell Centre was something else.

Thank you to the Montreal crowd : you were awesome. Many doubted you... but you showed up big time !

Thank you to the so many fans who brought with them ALL the flags. It was awesome to see the flags rise for pretty much EVERY skater !!!!

Thank you to @NoNameFace for showing the world how figure skating fans are deeply loving the sport and its athletes ! You are a true inspiration for all you do for the skaters. Your crowns were especially beautiful (I think my fave is Carolane's)

Thank you Shoma fans. You know who you are. We have been through a lot this week but I have decided my memory will only remember 2 out of the 3 programs we saw. It's nice to see so many fans who are so supportive in the good and bad times !

Thank you GS for the tweets/interviews and competition threads and of course to @dorispulaski for all the work put on these threads.
Thank you to @gsk8 and @CherylDee and everyone who helps for these that I may not be aware of, for the prediction competitions all season, though I totally tanked the worlds predictions :)

Thank you everyone who shared their experience from the venue or while streaming ! It was fun to read the threads when I would come home at night.

I am just recovering from the fatigue... and guess what, i plan to watch the CBC TV coverage I recorded last week ;) I almost feel sad that there is no WTT this year (almost because I truly dislike WTT HAHA) .

PS... for the fans not too happy about the weather... it's already spring in Montreal today.... I passed by crocuses that were fully bloomed ;) the sun was out... i went to my balcony and did a bit of gardening ;)

Last edited:

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
I cannot believe it's been almost a full week since Worlds are over.
Just wanted to make a "thanks to" post because I am so grateful for a full week of emotions !!!!

Thank you to @NoNameFace for showing the world how figure skating fans are deeply loving the sport and its athletes ! You are a true inspiration for all you do for the skaters. Your crowns were especially beautiful (I think my fave is Carolane's)
It's 9.15 AM here and I'm very moved.
Believe me @4everchan - I was full of worry going for that Worlds. Also because of whether I would be able to give anything at all (maybe except P² stuff because of 'connections' lol) AND whether crowns would be liked/accepted at all. I know GS shows a lot of love for them, but I'm very insecure person in general and about crafts I make. It was very enlightening experience to receive this much for those crowns, from people's interest/praise to skaters' love/enthusiasm for them. Every time skaters eyes brightened or smile appeared, I knew I did the right thing.
Thank you above and beyond for such high praise, it means A LOT to me. And yes, even I can say those Montreal crowns were special - I made them with skaters in mind, replaying performances and put all my respect, appreciation for their efforts in them.
❤❤🌻🌻🌺🌺

Seven Sisters

Medalist
Believe me @4everchan - I was full of worry going for that Worlds. Also because of whether I would be able to give anything at all (maybe except P² stuff because of 'connections' lol) AND whether crowns would be liked/accepted at all. I know GS shows a lot of love for them, but I'm very insecure person in general and about crafts I make. It was very enlightening experience to receive this much for those crowns, from people's interest/praise to skaters' love/enthusiasm for them. Every time skaters eyes brightened or smile appeared, I knew I did the right thing.
Thank you above and beyond for such high praise, it means A LOT to me. And yes, even I can say those Montreal crowns were special - I made them with skaters in mind, replaying performances and put all my respect, appreciation for their efforts in them.
❤❤🌻🌻🌺🌺
I’m sorry I didn’t get to meet you in person, but I was there live and saw you distribute many of your beautiful creations. I also saw how happy the recipients were! I thought the crown you gave Roman Sadovsky was particularly beautiful, as it matched all the subtleties of his costume.

And though I didn’t see this one delivered, I heard about it—I’m glad you took my counsel about not being afraid to approach Deanna Stellato with gifts! I hope you got to experience just how delightful she is with fans.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
I’m sorry I didn’t get to meet you in person, but I was there live and saw you distribute many of your beautiful creations. I also saw how happy the recipients were! I thought the crown you gave Roman Sadovsky was particularly beautiful, as it matched all the subtleties of his costume.

And though I didn’t see this one delivered, I heard about it—I’m glad you took my counsel about not being afraid to approach Deanna Stellato with gifts! I hope you got to experience just how delightful she is with fans.
Thank you so much for your kind words. I honestly feel quite bad to not meet GSers :(, I guess I was too absorbed with the whole competition, finishing crowns (or making some from scratch) and whole giving process.
I hope you had great time!
Ah, Roman's crown...made in the window between FD and Men's FS ;). To be honest I totally forgot what colors I've cut and packed for his crown and I was kind of 'ummmmm?' when I saw that cobalt blue with silver and gold...I was sure the palette did not include gold :laugh:. Yet, I do believe the colors did compliment Roman's top pretty well (plus the crown was in pretty good size, a relief).

And yes, Deanna just HAD TO be crowned as a Champion, I couldn't let the quest go and believe me, I was LOUD after VC while trying to call Deanna to the side I stood in. After 10 minutes she finally came and to my delight she took the crown straight to her head, keeping it for the rest of touring around the ice and post-festivities media (at least one with ISU). I'm super grateful I was able to do it and that she accepted the humble gift :)

Diana Delafield

Frequent flyer
Medalist
Country
Canada
❤❤🌻🌻🌺🌺
I was watching out in Vancouver, on the computer. A neighbour brought her own computer in for a couple of the events so I could answer her questions while we watched together. The first time I saw you come down to the boards to give someone a crown, I said to my friend, "Hey, I know her! Well, sort of...that is, the way you know somebody online...well, I know who she is, anyway!" My neighbour was quite impressed that I knew someone in the audience as well as several of the coaches behind the boards :laugh:.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
I was watching out in Vancouver, on the computer. A neighbour brought her own computer in for a couple of the events so I could answer her questions while we watched together. The first time I saw you come down to the boards to give someone a crown, I said to my friend, "Hey, I know her! Well, sort of...that is, the way you know somebody online...well, I know who she is, anyway!" My neighbour was quite impressed that I knew someone in the audience as well as several of the coaches behind the boards :laugh:.
:)
Of course we 'know' each other from here! Being here since 2012, community there is basically my second family and a helping hand when my blood family scrunches noses at my travelling (although less and less frequently or I just stopped to care that much and I'm doing myself). And we do 'know' skaters/coaches etc. It's a part of being FS fan ;)
Hope you enjoyed Worlds and my humble running down and up with crowns :laugh:

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
FYI... so happy worlds happened a few weeks ago and not today... 20 cms of snow just happened overnight...

I was just about to put away my winter boots... but no.
I saw it on IG through some IAM skaters' stories and was like o_O???
Meanwhile here in Poland the upcoming weekend shall be in around 23-25⁰C...and I'm sick as a dog. Well, better now than in Montreal where it could be all about running nose instead me running up and down with crowns :laugh:
Immediately got picked up though as Coach Carol Lane gave me a shoutout at the end of Facebook live with PJ Kwong today. Beyond grateful.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Meanwhile here in Poland the upcoming weekend shall be in around 23-25⁰C...and I'm sick as a dog. Well, better now than in Montreal where it could be all about running nose instead me running up and down with crowns :laugh:
Immediately got picked up though as Coach Carol Lane gave me a shoutout at the end of Facebook live with PJ Kwong today. Beyond grateful.
So sorry you are not well. Take care. This is the first time ever I go to a competition and I don't get sick.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
this was a beautiful moment. I watched the entire interview... I never do that... especially when they are 50 minutes long ( I have a lot of short moments when I can create trouble, for instance on this forum, where i can post a thing or two.. then come back later.. but to have a full hour or almost to watch an interview is rare) in any case... It was lovely that Carol took the opportunity to mention you and what you do.
Gestures that come from the heart are so important in this world. 💕

Last edited:

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
this was a beautiful moment. I watched the entire interview... I never do that... especially when they are 50 minutes long ( I have a lot of short moments when I can create trouble, for instance on this forum, where i can post a thing or two.. then come back later.. but to have a full hour or almost to watch an interview is rare) in any case... It was lovely that Carol took the opportunity to mention you and what you do.
Gestures that come from the heart are so important in this world. 💕
My skating friend was blowing up my phone yesterday, messaging me 'look, look, Coach Carol mentioned you in this live with PJ Kwong!!!' :laugh:
I was really surprised and touched at the same time. I already got a shoutout from Piper and Paul back in 2021 when they did similar interview (about gifts given to them and some sent to them as at 2021 GP France I've only managed to be naughty enough to throw them blue crowns, but didn't manage to give them matching card and sweets, so they enjoyed everything at 2021 Christmas time ;))

It brings me great joy and satisfaction to see my humble crafting causing positivity. Which is ironic, as I'm pretty pessimistic/negative person by character. But Montreal experience truly unlocked something inside me - I think that gambling on those crafts, bringing them outside Europe confirmed to me in a way that I shouldn't fear that much about them. That it is my way to express respect and gratitude to skaters (and sometimes other folks around skating) and people are generally open to embrace it. Cannot believe it, but that trip gave me a confidence boost - and Coach Carol shouting me out prolongs that state :)

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
My skating friend was blowing up my phone yesterday, messaging me 'look, look, Coach Carol mentioned you in this live with PJ Kwong!!!' :laugh:
I was really surprised and touched at the same time. I already got a shoutout from Piper and Paul back in 2021 when they did similar interview (about gifts given to them and some sent to them as at 2021 GP France I've only managed to be naughty enough to throw them blue crowns, but didn't manage to give them matching card and sweets, so they enjoyed everything at 2021 Christmas time ;))

It brings me great joy and satisfaction to see my humble crafting causing positivity. Which is ironic, as I'm pretty pessimistic/negative person by character. But Montreal experience truly unlocked something inside me - I think that gambling on those crafts, bringing them outside Europe confirmed to me in a way that I shouldn't fear that much about them. That it is my way to express respect and gratitude to skaters (and sometimes other folks around skating) and people are generally open to embrace it. Cannot believe it, but that trip gave me a confidence boost - and Coach Carol shouting me out prolongs that state :)
Perhaps if you are lucky enough to see Piper and Paul live again, you could give them 3 crowns. That's assuming Carol is there; somehow I don't see Juris appreciating it as much as she would.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Perhaps if you are lucky enough to see Piper and Paul live again, you could give them 3 crowns. That's assuming Carol is there; somehow I don't see Juris appreciating it as much as she would.
A funny tidbit - Coach Carol already has a mini version of flower crown :). I gifted her one last year during GP in Finland. And what's more? There was a full size one in my initial Montreal escapade plans for her! I sort of ditched the idea as I got short of time (as usual due to my laziness/indecisiveness), but if Piper and Paul are going for the next season, the challenge is ON.
Another funny tidbit from my Montreal preparations...I also had planned (and made!) crown for Scott Moir, BUT - I decided to ditch the idea (for now at least!) as Madison Hubbell was there in KnC with Scott, Christina and Anthony and I would feel TERRIBLE to not have crowns for all 4 of them. So I only crowned skaters :), but it is on my 'crowning bucket list' :laugh:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
A funny tidbit - Coach Carol already has a mini version of flower crown :). I gifted her one last year during GP in Finland. And what's more? There was a full size one in my initial Montreal escapade plans for her! I sort of ditched the idea as I got short of time (as usual due to my laziness/indecisiveness), but if Piper and Paul are going for the next season, the challenge is ON.
Another funny tidbit from my Montreal preparations...I also had planned (and made!) crown for Scott Moir, BUT - I decided to ditch the idea (for now at least!) as Madison Hubbell was there in KnC with Scott, Christina and Anthony and I would feel TERRIBLE to not have crowns for all 4 of them. So I only crowned skaters :), but it is on my 'crowning bucket list' :laugh:
I'd love seeing Scotty wear a crown ;) go for it ;) oh yeah !!! :)

AquaSeas

Rinkside
Country
Canada
My husband and I watched all of worlds and we were so happy for everybody who rec’d a flower crown. Hubby said ‘wow, such an amazing woman to gift the skaters like that”. I so agree! Bless you for caring for the skaters, regardless of whether or not they skated their best! ❤️❤️