98 Olympics (women) | Page 2 | Golden Skate

98 Olympics (women)

G

GBMalwayz

Re: 98 Olympics

Everyone rewatch your tapes. Lu Chen! geesh, I'm glad NOW that Tara won, only because she was a wreck to happen, so she got her career. Michelle has everything. Lu Chen was exquisite. But China did not have a prayer then, to get oly gold. I honestly agree with Scott H. "Best Ladies Final ever!"
and still true in 2002. Sarah was the only top skater who had a great error free program (LP). Should've had 3 golds, there!

T

TimGoebelsGirl

Aaah, don't get me started! Michelle should have gotten the gold! Tara didn't have 'it', she had youthful exuberance. She went out there and did well, and she certainly had fun, but Michelle kicked her rear end with the whole presentation/artistry. Michelle was robbed, she HAD that gold. it was HERS. Sigh. Lu Chen did spectacularly as well. It was a much better competition than the 2002 Olympics. You are all gonna kill me for bringing it up, but I don't think Michelle did bad enough to fall to third. And the only reason Sarah won was because everyone else wasn't skating up to standard.

B

BronzeisGolden02

Rgirl as a hater and Tara's Win

Rgirl is not a hater. She states a point and argues it very well with indepth analysis. Although I don't always agree with her (especially about Michelle, lol!), I do enjoy reading her posts for the simple fact that she takes the time to really explain why she thinks something. A lot better than "that program sucks." One thing I do agree with, though, is the whole Frank Carroll and Lori Nichol theory. They gave Michelle some beautiful and useful skills, but they tied her so tightly in a knot that it was hard for her to break free. I'm glad she has and it really seems she is finding her own way quite well.
And here's a point where I disagree, lol! I thought Lyra Angelica was among Michelle's top three programs, and one of the most elegant of all time. As for the spins, I thought they were quite solid. She had wonderful positions. I might agree that it wasn't loaded with choreography, but compared to all of Tara's "Rainbow" performances besides Nagano, it came across to me as a more emotional, heartfelt program.
There really wasn't a question in Nagano, though. Michelle was beautiful, but no where close to the perfection she achieved in Philadelphia. I would have given her the gold in any other Olympic competition pre-98, but Tara came out and for one magical night really made me respect her skill. She was electric. She skated with such abandon and joy that I certainly understand her marks. I would have given Michelle a 5.8, 5.9 and Tara a 5.9, 5.9.

R

RealtorGal

<span style="color:blue;font-family:helvetica;font-size:small;">Callystar wrote about RG#2:
"I am going to put it out there right now...you are a hater.." </span>

<span style="color:maroon;font-family:helvetica;font-size:small;">YEAH! What's the matter with you, Twinnie? Don't you know that if you have anything critical to say about a Michelle program, that means you hate her? By now you should realize that you are not allowed to formulate an opinion of your own regarding any program ever presented by Michelle. You must follow the herd mentality and GET IN LINE! You hater, basher, traitor!:eek: :eek:

Hugs,
RG#1</span>

R

rgirl181

Re: Rgirl as a hater and Tara's Win

BronzeIsGolden,
Thanks. You know, I didn't even know about the "you're a hater" thing until I saw a reference to it in another post just the other day. Just as well. Anyway, BG (BIG reminds me of the Mr. Big character from the old "Rocky and Bullwinkle" shows, which dates me and doesn't suit you:lol: ) I think your post is a wonderful example of disagreeing with someone without getting personal even though you're a really ardent fan of Michelle's. You were able to read what I actually said and not assume I was bashing Michelle. I won't go into all this and respond to Callystarr's remark that I am a Michelle "hater" because I know how I feel and it certainly isn't that. But I would like to shake your hand--cyberspacially speaking:p --for disagreeing with me with such integrity. It gives me hope;)

RG#1,
As Oscar Wilde said, "Most people don't have opinions and views. They have other people's opinions and views."

Guess I'll never learn:smokin:
RG#2

H

HamiltonBrowningFan

Re: Rgirl as a hater and Tara's Win

hey everyone... let's get back to the subject of who had what when... don't make this a "YOU HATE MICHELLE/YOU HATE TARA" bashing fest... which is what normally happens in these situations :lol: