Aaron: "I just wanted a good performance" | Golden Skate

Aaron: "I just wanted a good performance"

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
USA’s Max Aaron landed a quad toe-triple toe and solo quad Salchow in his well-received routine to The Phantom of the Opera. The skater from Scottsdale, Ariz., earned 171.30 points and 255.45 overall for a fifth-place finish.
“I just wanted a good performance,” said the 25-year-old. “I enjoyed it. I love Taiwan and I was just happy to give a performance I guess. (The) U.S. championships was tough and I was left off the (Olympic) team, but I’m excited to be here to perform one more time in the season.”

The skater is unsure of his next plans and is taking every season “year by year.”

“After this season, I want to go back, relax, just enjoy with my family. Whether I want to continue on competing or whether I want to step forward, and retire… I really just take it day by day right now and feel how my body feels and my mind.”

More...

Last edited:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Enjoy your time with your family, Max.

And then please return for another year, because that 4CC skate was exhilarating and totally wonderful.

mrrice

Record Breaker
Enjoy your time with your family, Max.

And then please return for another year, because that 4CC skate was exhilarating and totally wonderful.

I Completely agree!!!! All I really want for Max at this point is for him to be happy. The rest will fall into place. It's far too soon to figure out the rest of his career right now.....

JumpinJava

Rinkside
It's so hard to watch Max beat himself up... obviously, he is an incredible and strong athlete with a great work ethic. Would love to continue watching him in the future.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Max, you were wonderful! Enjoy time with your family & come back for @ least another year! :hap10: