Amazing Race starts tonight | Golden Skate

Amazing Race starts tonight

Johar

Medalist
Check for local times. I'm glad it's back on! May the best(and friendliest) team win.

hrmsk8ngnutt

Final Flight
:agree: :biggrin: :yes: :rock: :love:
Amazing Race is my favorite show in the genre and I am looking forward to tonight's premiere!!!!

Herm (sk8ngnutt)

Johar

Medalist
That Jonathan (blue hair tip and yellow jacket) is such an obnoxious jerk. Seems alot worse than Colin from last year.

Couldn't believe that girl put the wrong kind of gasoline in the car.

Iceland is so pretty!

heyang

Record Breaker
3 of the teams are so obnoxious already. There's yellow shirt & wife Victoria - the married entrepreneurs. OMG, I can't imagine the 2 of them working together on the business. Then there's the former couple who met at the gym - I think one of the teams nicknamed him Hellboy because of the 2 tiny twists of hair on the top of his head. Then, the former pro wrestlers were bickering a lot, too.

Haven't decided who I like.

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
Do we really need about 5 bickering couples? 2 is QUITE sufficient. Right now it looks like Around The World In 80 Days meets Who's Afraid Of Virginia Woolf. And I'm having a hard time keeping about 3 of them straight. Jonathan is WORSE than Colin; at least Colin didn't have that shrill nasally voice to go with the belligerent attitude. LOVED Phil's facial expression when they jumped up on the mat and he started screaming his head off, it was like, Oh, Lord, next pit stop I'm bringing earplugs.....

Meredith & Maria are my favorites so far, tho I like Hellboy & Girlfriend, too, if only because Hellboy is such a little hottie!! :biggrin: And in defense of that deisel/gas fiasco: Yeah, it did said "DEISEL" in big red letters on the gascap, but what did it actually say on the pump?

merrywidow

Record Breaker
It's always difficult to keep all the couples straight during the first few episodes. I've learned to make a list of names & nicknames to help me out. I was in Spokane last Tuesday attending "Les Miserables" at the Opera House. (It was wonderful, btw!) so missed the 2 hr opening show. Thank goodness, it was repeated last evening so I finally saw it. My daughter was visiting & watched with me. She spent a year in Iceland when she was in the USAF & loved the country. She commented that it is a very expensive country to visit but well worth the trip. She regretted that the contestants didn't get the opportunity to ride on those small Icelandic ponies. A brain-jarring experience, apparently.

heyang

Record Breaker
Johar,

It's not the 1st time a team has put regular gas into the tank instead of diesel. I think it was AR4 where 3 teams used regular instead of diesel - all 3 took off without realizing their mistakes and got stuck. One couple was older and was one of the bickersons - he knew to drain the gas and go get the right kind; this team finished 3rd. Another team got roadside help. I think the 3rd team decided to spend the night at a hotel and get help in the AM and were thus eliminated.

Johar

Medalist
I remember that, Heyang! How embarrassing.

Last night's zipline run down the ski slope looked like so much fun!

Jonathan made several people upset by his constant yelling.

I felt sorry for the people trying to ski on wheels down the paved hill. Those falls had to hurt.

guinevere

Final Flight
This show rocks! Phile looked totally frightened as Lori went to hug him at the mat, heh. Bet he misses Mirna now :biggrin:

The Brooklyn girls seemed really nice, but they were terrible racers on both legs!

The sisters are my favorites.