Anybody Watching Big Brother? | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Anybody Watching Big Brother?

Don't want to spoil anything, but I loved tonights episode!
My DH thinks I was cheering for the baseball game but I was cheating and watching the BB tape!

merrywidow

Record Breaker
It was a terrific episode. Finally the game has begun! I so would like to see Amber sent to sequester. Let her cry all over Dustin instead of my TV screen!
She thinks if there is an America's Choice Award that she will win it. In a way I feel sorry for her as she just doesn't have a clue about anything.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Merrywidow, I feel more sorry for her daughter. I had to laugh when Dick was plotting with Eric. It reminds me of one of my co-workers who thinks she is so powerful!!

Dee

The looks on Amber, Jameka and Dustin's faces were priceless!!!
And then to put the icing on the cake (or the salt in the wound for the LNC), Danielle won HOH!!!
I put my 10 votes in for Eric to campaign for Jameka to be put up for eviction. She is just on my last nerve more so than Amber's crying. But either one of them going would be fine by me.

heyang

Record Breaker
It was a terrific episode. Finally the game has begun! I so would like to see Amber sent to sequester. Let her cry all over Dustin instead of my TV screen!
She thinks if there is an America's Choice Award that she will win it. In a way I feel sorry for her as she just doesn't have a clue about anything.

She's as delusional as season 6's Nerd Herd (Maggie, Cappy, April, etc.) They did not understand how Kaysar could be more popular than Cappy.

I just want Amber gone because of all the crying. It's not even amusing anymore.

No wonder Amber cries so much...she doesn't know what half the words used in the game mean!
Who watched Sunday night???
I won't post any spoilers, but I couldn't believe how many words Amber did not know the meaning of! Is she really that uneducated on words? She asked what 'perceived', 'outted', and 'sub alliance' meant, among others. I can't remember what else she didn't know the meaning of. Each time she asked someone what a word meant, the camera zoomed in on the others persons face which was had an expression of "what, can you really be that dumb?"

heyang

Record Breaker
Amber did not know the following words:
Charismatic
ridicule
superficial
integrity
backdoor
outed
sub alliance
persevere
implication
peanut gallery - jameka didn't know this one, as well.

I had to re-watch my TiVo recording.....

purplecat

Final Flight
Country
United-States
LOL about Amber! :rofl:

Loved that they booted Dustin out of there - best BB moment of the summer! :thumbsup:

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
In Jameka's defense, isn't peanut gallery from the old Howdy Doody show, which would be waaaaaaaay before her & most of our time?? Math should know!! :laugh: :laugh: I loved Dick's expression and I thought he was going to rip her a new one. :laugh::laugh:

Dee

In Jameka's defense, isn't peanut gallery from the old Howdy Doody show, which would be waaaaaaaay before her & most of our time?? Math should know!! :laugh: :laugh:
"Hey kids, what time is it? It's Howdy Doody time!!!"

http://files.intellisite.com/3/9/3/4/5.jpg

But I believe the term "peanut gallery" goes back even further, to the days of Vaudeville. The cheapest seats where in the last balcony, so the rowdiest hecklers sat there and threw peanut shells at the stage. ;)

P.S. By the way, the original Howdy Doody puppet is now owned by and on display at the Detroit Institute of Arts (I walk past it daily, LOL), along with the original Punch and Judy and Kermit the Frog. There was a big court case and lawsuit on the part of the heirs of the puppeteer (not Buffalo Bob, but the guy who actually did the puppets, named Rufus Rose).

The museum was able to show, by various letters, that it was the intention of Mr. Rose to leave the puppet to the museum.

I don't know who has Phineas T. Bluster and Flubadub. I think they went on tour with the King Tut exhibition. :laugh:

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
Charismatic
ridicule
superficial
integrity
backdoor
outed
sub alliance
persevere
implication

I find it highly amusing that Amber didn't know the meaning of the very words reality news online will use during the "Why Amber Lost" article... the crybaby... :disapp:

heyang

Record Breaker
Well, Jen's out.

I was talking to a friend of mine who watches BBAD on Showtime. According to him, what they showed on air tonight was out of sequence.

1. Jen destroyed Dick's cigarettes. (He did not look for the cigarettes til after Jen destroyed them, whereas the airing implied that he was looking for them at the same time that she was in the process of destroying them.)
2. Dick complained to BB in the diary room and they replaced the 4 cartons of cigarettes.
3. Jen decided to eat because of BB's lie (I guess she had asked them if it would be ok if she destroyed the cigarettes.)
4. That's why Dick had cigarettes when the 2 of them started fighting in the backyard.

Also, according to my buddy, everyone was pretty much giving Jen the silent treatment. She just constantly put herself into the middle of the crowd to further antagonize them.

I still don't think Dick's allowing Jen to get burned/singed by the cigarette was acceptable behavior, but it was partially fueled by all the antagonism that was going on beforehand.

antmanb

Record Breaker
Charismatic
ridicule
superficial
integrity
backdoor
outed
sub alliance
persevere
implication

Have to hold up my hands and say i don't know what peanut gallery or sub alliance mean....could be American phrases that i don't understand??

(I only know what TiVo is becuase of sex and that city!!!)

Ant

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Last night when Daniele and Amber went to New York, did they show anything about the trip?? The weatherperson cut in for weather update on the storms. I get really upset when they do this, a banner at the bottom of the screen is good enough.

Dick and Jen are both so childish. The one person I really hope gets the boot quickly is Daniele. She just grates on my nerves!!!

Dee

merrywidow

Record Breaker
Yes, they showed them being blindfolded, riding in the limousine, the private jet, being made up for the show & being introduced by the audience. The actual show they participated in will be aired on Tuesday, the 28th. (That's "Power of Ten").

Thank you Merrywidow, I missed when The Power of Ten show with Amber and Danielle would be aired. I'll try to remember to tape it...Tuesday is our usual night for taping BB anyway.

As much as I don't like smoking, it is hard to move a cigarette out of the way of someone who is flailing away at you....Jen, IMO, was more in the wrong for trying to hit/grab ED.

Just when I was "warming up" to Jen, she went and showed her true colors I guess.

merrywidow

Record Breaker
Just received my new TV Guide & it lists "Power of 10" on Wed. night, Aug. 29th. Don't know whether it is Tues. or Wed. now. "Check your local listings!"

purplecat

Final Flight
Country
United-States
There are two Power of Tens next week - Tuesday (which will feature Daniele and Amber) at 8:00 just prior to the 9:00 airing of Big Brother and their regular Wednesday episode at 8:00. I think this Tuesday one was just added because of the Big Brother thing and that's why it isn't listed in TV guide. But they distinctly said on the last BB show that the BB episode of Power of Ten is this Tues. before the regular BB show.