BMO Skate Canada Eastern Western Challenge | Golden Skate

BMO Skate Canada Eastern Western Challenge

fumie_fumie

Final Flight
Not yet. Sectionals are still underway. Nadster closely follows the sectionals, so he/she may have a better idea of who will make it to challenge.

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Any updates?

Fedor Andreev won EOS this past weekend, so I'm fairly certain he'll be a competitor at the Senior Challenge. :biggrin:

Crone and Poirier will both compete in single disciplines. They got byes from Sectionals.

Maybe I'm a bit unclear about the rules, but did they receive their bye because they competed on the GP circuit (even though they participated as ice dancers and not as singles skaters)?

Kypma

Final Flight
Maybe I'm a bit unclear about the rules, but did they receive their bye because they competed on the GP circuit (even though they participated as ice dancers and not as singles skaters)?

According to Nadster, they were granted a bye because they had their singles sectionals the week between Skate Canada and Trophée Éric Bompard, and, since they still had a chance at qualifying for the GP Final, it would have been rather silly for Skate Canada to ask them to compete in singles in the middle week, even though their GP's were in ice dance. I suppose their byes were competition conflict in nature.

-Kypma

nadster

Final Flight
According to Nadster, they were granted a bye because they had their singles sectionals the week between Skate Canada and Trophée Éric Bompard, and, since they still had a chance at qualifying for the GP Final, it would have been rather silly for Skate Canada to ask them to compete in singles in the middle week, even though their GP's were in ice dance. I suppose their byes were competition conflict in nature.

-Kypma

Just to clarify Paul would have had a bye to the challenge regardless. At the senior level those skaters that receive JGP assignments and/or senior B assignments don't have to compete sectionals and go straight to the challenge. Paul did have a men's JGP assignment this year.

Vanessa was truly byed due to the competition conflict.

Just to clarify the senior level byes:

1. Senior B or JGP assignment - bye to challenge
2. Medallist at last senior nationals in the event, GP assignment or making JGPF final - bye to nationals.

siberia82

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Thanks for the info, Kypma and nadster! :)

Nirti

Medalist
I'm surprised by two participants in ladies : Adriana Desanctis & Nicole Watt. Are they the same as the two skaters who don't compete since 2004?

skatingfan04

Final Flight
I'm surprised by two participants in ladies : Adriana Desanctis & Nicole Watt. Are they the same as the two skaters who don't compete since 2004?

Nicole Watt definately is. She's made a comeback this season, and she was fourth at Saskatchewan sectionals.

Sylvia

Record Breaker
Adriana DeSanctis last competed in U.S. qualifying competition in the fall of 2006 (she placed 5th in Senior at 2007 North Atlantic Regionals - top 4 advanced to Eastern Sectionals). She also competed as a Senior at NA Regionals in the fall of 2004 and 2005 but failed to advance. Her last U.S. Nationals appearance was in 2003 (6th in Junior) and her last international competition for the U.S. was a JGP in Japan in the fall of 2003 (8th place).

Nirti

Medalist
Thanks for the answers :)

We have 2 interesting returns, I hope they can qualify for Nats.

cloudkicker09

Final Flight
We should start a Fedor Fanatic cheerleading squad! ;) We'll dress in red and there would be an image of a tiger on our outfits.

Hey I am all for it where do I sign up, question what is the symbolism of the tiger?

By the way do we have ANY updates of what Fedor is skating too and what his costume will look like? Has he worked with Jeff lately?

siberia82

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
question what is the symbolism of the tiger?

Me and a few others on FSU agree that Fedor is a real tiger on the ice. His skating is majestic, striking and graceful... plus he's beautiful like one, too! *swoons* :love: :yes: