BOI poll: favorite men | Page 2 | Golden Skate

BOI poll: favorite men

Lee

Rinkside
Uh...this is an Internet poll about *favourite* skaters -- not *best* skaters. Obviously the tallies came up as they did and these are the top favourites -- as scientific as such a poll is going to be. Obviously some of these skaters aren't favourites with as many people as some posters thought they would be -- stuff happens...

Joesitz said:
Anya - Have you noticed that there is never a bash of Sasha Abt or Angela Nikidinov on Golden Skate. If we had a poll between us for the most beloved skaters on GS, it would be them.
Joe
Joe, ITA re Angela, but I have seen a few posts that say things like, "I just don't get the big deal with Sasha Abt. I think his programs are boring and his skating does nothing for me." In fact, I was one of those "I don't get Abt" people for a while, though I don't think I ever posted it, until I saw him skate live. Then I was jaw-dropped drooling on the ice.

Anyway, I partially agree with you about Abt because when those anti-Abt posts did come up, there would always be a slew of "OMG! I LOVE Sasha Abt!" I remember one (I think it was a guy, too) who said something like, "Are you kidding? Everything about Sasha Abt's skating is raw animal sex and there is nothiing boring about that!"

So yeah, I think Angela and Abt would probably be very popular on a GS poll. Wanna try one and see;)?
Rgirl

Last edited:
rGirl - Among the Russians, Abt is my favorite (even more than Klimkin) because he's got that flow of lyricism which I dig. When a guy can skate masculinely to Rach as he does, it beats, imo, all the mummies, gladiators, toreadors, etc. However, if I am reading right, gladiators and toreadors in this forum will be more appreciated than Abt's style.

Klimkin, too, has a good flow and his style is very unique - maybe approaching the Cranston style. I dig it, and I see him as having more potential to be on the podium than Abt.

Angela, oh Angela. She has it all as a beautiful figure skater but she's not, imo, a good competitor. If luck is with her, and it has to be luck, she may place in the Nats. But I have too many favorites in the US Nats to pick one out over another. I will be happy with good performances by each one.

Joe