Campbell spoiler (MM don't read!) | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Campbell spoiler (MM don't read!)

bronxgirl

Medalist
In the long line of Wide World of Sports, I have a bad feeling that they wil show Jenny's falls.

MinnMan

Rinkside
MinnMan

According to Heather's TV schedule it is a 2 hour program. We should be able to see most of the skating in that time, and a little of Peggy, DICK and Terry.

MichelleWingKwan

Match Penalty
Congrats MICHELLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MICHELLE IS THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!MICHELLE IS THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!MICHELLE IS THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!MICHELLE IS THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!MICHELLE IS THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!MICHELLE IS THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!MICHELLE IS THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!MICHELLE IS THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!MICHELLE IS THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!MICHELLE IS THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!MICHELLE IS THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!MICHELLE IS THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!MICHELLE IS THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!MICHELLE IS THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!MICHELLE IS THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!MICHELLE IS THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!MICHELLE IS THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!MICHELLE IS THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!MICHELLE IS THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!MICHELLE IS THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!MICHELLE IS THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YIP HEY:)

I was so exicited when I found out Michelle won. Did you know I got one of the tshits kimmie or amber through. But I had to leave after that. But again MICHELLE IS THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!MICHELLE IS THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :) :) :) :)

MWK - Easy, easy, easy. Your exuding gush may not hold up for the season. The Campbell's is just a warm up of more important events to come. Let's see how well the skaters do in the GPs under the CoP first before gloating over our favorites based on one event.

Joe

leon

Rinkside
Cols Day Parade preempts Campbell's in Philly ABC

WPVI --Philadelphia's ABC station will show Columbus Day Parade live during national broadcast of Campbell's. I believe full broadcast will air sometime after 11:30 pm on Sunday.
As they say, check your most current local listings. A taped figure skating competition is one of the easiest broadcasts to jerk around while live baseball playoffs and NFL games are airing. Seems like ABC prefers to do things to ensure lousy ratings for figure skating. :rolleye:

MinnMan

Rinkside
MinnMan

MWK,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, too bad you didn't get excited about the MK first place.
She will get $ 50,000.00 for her win. I guess that is small change to her now.

I can hardly wait until tomorrow, and I saw it live on Oct 1st.

:)

Jhar55

Medalist
Love Michelle, but isn't it time she got a new costume design. Looks like the same from last year just a different color.

I'm pretty sure it is her purple Tosca dress that she used in the early part of the season last year. Actually, these dresses are so expensive, I'm glad she gets a chance to wear them more than once or twice.

Mathman

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Jhar........I love Michelle too, but I have to agree........something with long sleeves and pointed cuffs I'm thinking...........42

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
And now for a completley different question. Why do folks here refer to the Campbell's competition as a Cheesefest? Campbells makes soup, not cheese!!!

MinnMan

Rinkside
MinnMan

Don't Know???? Maybe they are from Wisconsin, Cheesehead country???

I still don't think the men did a bad job, however, the 5th and 6th place did not show on the TV yesterday. The two last place ladies did not show either. I do wish they would have shown the exhibition pairs and dance. They were very interesting.

Remember, it is the first skate of the season.

skatingfan5

On the Ice
"Cheesy comps" = cheesefests

Ladskater said:
And now for a completley different question. Why do folks here refer to the Campbell's competition as a Cheesefest? Campbells makes soup, not cheese!!!
The term "cheesfest" derives from the rather "cheesy" pro-ams of the past -- especially the sort that only feature team competitions and/or "lite" programs and the emphasis is more on "having fun" than on competing. (The all pro competitions which had "judges" who had no experience with skating, e.g. the Playboy triplets, were the "cheesiest" of them all, imo.) Though in recent seasons the USFS "internationals" have often required standard LP's and use ISU judges, the "cheesefest" title still lingers, though with less validity, especially when the competitors are high-level skaters who treat it like a serious competition.

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
I noticed that Michelle referred to this as a pro-am. Where were the pros?

Here's a definition from Skateweb that specifically mentions Wisconsin:
cheesefest
A made-for-TV pro, pro-am, or invitational competition with "cheesy" irregular rules and judging. Generally includes all team-format competitions, competitions with celebrity judges, competitions where the skaters are paid appearance fees, and the like. (The term "cheesefest" particularly derives from one such event held in Wisconsin, land of cheese, which featured no rules and winners determined by polling the audience.)
I wasn't able to find any information about that contest.

Piel, I think Michelle and Sasha are the pros, LOL. I just went to a watch repair store yesterday, and there was a huge poster of Sasha advertising Citizen's watches.

I did notice that Michelle was a little giddy at that interview, like the words were just tumbling out. :love: Probably in her mind she was thinking about 1998 when the ISU changed all the rules about pros competing with amateurs (just for her, as far as I could tell, to keep her from going pro, having already lost Tara). She won the World Professional Championship that year (hastily renamed the World Pro-am. As I recall, there were a bunch of cheesefests that year, all the same, and all won by Michelle (East of Eden:love: ) and Yagudin.

Mathman:)

MinnMan

Rinkside
MinnMan

Someone mentioned Campbells sells soups, not cheese.

Yesterday I watched on of their TV adds and they were telling how you
could add cheese to one of their soups to really make it good.

That gave me a good laugh.