Canada saying goodbye to our Queen, Welcome to our King | Golden Skate

Canada saying goodbye to our Queen, Welcome to our King

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
It's with a sad heart we say farewell to Queen Elizabeth II this week. The Queen has been in our lives in Canada, for 70 years. Her picture is everywhere, on our money, and portraits of her majesty are in schools, Government offices and all official places. She has always been there and influenced our way of life in some way or other. We now welcome King Charles III as our head of state. We will no longer say or sing "God save the Queen" but "God save the King" It's the end of an era, but the beginning of a new chapter. "Long live the King"

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
It's with a sad heart we say farewell to Queen Elizabeth II this week. The Queen has been in our lives in Canada, for 70 years. Her picture is everywhere, on our money, and portraits of her majesty are in schools, Government offices and all official places. She has always been there and influenced our way of life in some way or other. We now welcome King Charles III as our head of state. We will no longer say or sing "God save the Queen" but "God save the King" It's the end of an era, but the beginning of a new chapter. "Long live the King"
Here in the US watching the St. Giles ceremony this morning …. Beautiful somber .. a celebration of her life
RIP gracious Queen😢

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
She was such an amazing lady. I was worried about her after her husband passed, and the family apparently thinks that was a big part of why she passed.

I can't imagine doing that job. It would be very hard.