"Carly Patterson wants to be a pop singer" | Golden Skate

"Carly Patterson wants to be a pop singer"

nuggetr

Rinkside
Hey! I wish her luck, but I will have to hear her sing before I can say I hope she makes it to the top. There are to many out there now that are there on their name's only. :agree:

R.D.

Record Breaker
It's true that we haven't heard her sing yet, but...if she is looking to Hilary Duff as a role model...(no offence here HD fans)...I dunno...

My implication here is not so much "Hilary can't sing" as "she (Carly) wants to go into POP music!" As if we don't already have enough "teenybopper" music clogging up the radio airwaves... :frown2: :sheesh: :laugh:

But if it's something she REALLY wants to pursue, I say let her have a go at it. I mean, if J-Lo could do it...

Last edited:

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
Prior to the Olympics, she said she wanted to be an orthodontist. That's quite a change in plans! ;) :biggrin:

R.D.

Record Breaker
Well, maybe she could do both! :p so if her singing career tanks, she'll have something else to fall back on.

soogar

Record Breaker
Well I love Hillary Duff and considering that Duff is a former gymnast herself, I think Carly picked the right role model. I think it's so cool that Hillary has the broad shoulders of a gymnast and has such a nice wholesome image. Whil I'm not a Carly fan, I definitely see the similarities in both of these girls.

thisthingcalledlove

Final Flight
Red Dog said:
Ah...one tidbit that I didn't know about. I understand now. Still though...

Britney (a girl who admitted that she had never taken a proper singing lesson...and Realtorgal, you're a vocal coach...you be the judge of Britney's talent), whom I don't think can sing either, but is getting by on OK looks, and OK dancing...was also a former gymnast...as was Sporty Spice.

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
When I hear Britney, I am really glad I have a remote so I can change the station or mute it.

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
thisthingcalledlove said:
Britney (a girl who admitted that she had never taken a proper singing lesson...and Realtorgal, you're a vocal coach...you be the judge of Britney's talent), whom I don't think can sing either, but is getting by on OK looks, and OK dancing...

Never has less talent achieved greater success... with Hillary Duff being a close second place.

BronzeisGolden

Medalist
Amen, Realtorgal! Hillary is a pretty girl, but she couldn't sing her way out of a paper bag. The same goes for Britney and the hordes of talentless teen queens that elbowed their way in through the door behind her. I can stand some cheese or even some eccentric behavior.....as long as someone can actually sing!

R.D.

Record Breaker
BronzeisGolden said:
Amen, Realtorgal! Hillary is a pretty girl, but she couldn't sing her way out of a paper bag. The same goes for Britney and the hordes of talentless teen queens that elbowed their way in through the door behind her. I can stand some cheese or even some eccentric behavior.....as long as someone can actually sing!

:rofl: :rofl:

Glacierskater

On the Ice
BronzeisGolden said:

Personally, I would not sing out of a paper bag...I would just rip the paper ;)

And I would not be caught dead listening to Hillary Duff.

Realtorgal...what is your impession of Christina Aguillera's (or however you spell it) VOICE? Not her appearance, actions, or videos...just her voice. And if you don't like her, then whom do you consider a talented vocalist? Just curious. I really would have to rip the paper bag to get out of it because I cannot carry a tune in a bucket. But hey, who cares, I know how to skate! :laugh:

Last edited:

BronzeisGolden

Medalist
LOL, I'd have to tear my way out of the bag with you, Glacier. I am a horrible singer. I'd be interested to know what RealtorGal thinks of Christina Aguiliera, too. I've always thought she had a powerful voice and some actual talent...but I think it is sad she had to go through that unfortunate "pole dancing tramp" stage. Is she done with that yet? I haven't seen her or listened to any of her music since last year.

Glacierskater

On the Ice
Actually, I was on my soap box in the kitchen the other day preaching to the fiancee about Brittany's poor choices and how I hope that Christina is getting her act together and that she is not fun to look at, but she has talent. I have seen pics and read that she is getting is together. Apparently her beau of late does not take to her trampy looks and she is cleaning up nicely....almost in a 1940's glam sort of way. RG...your thoughts on the voice please.

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
Christina actually has a lot of talent. The voice is powerful, flexible--it's the real deal. Britney and Hillary probably have 5% of Christina's natural vocal talent. Combined.

She acts and dresses like a hoochie/ho. Too bad.

jesslily

Final Flight
Carly Patterson is good at gymnastics, and she is only 16, why don't keep train and compete four more years? There are so many young pop singers out there, they can sing, dance, and acting, mostly they have the outstanding chrisma. I feel Carly can sing, but she does not have the power to grab the audience attention when she sings. Tara went into acting, and so far she hasn't landed any magor role yet. Hopefully Carly wouldn't repeat it.

MinnMan

Rinkside
I may be old, but I am slow.

I have lost it. I am trying to remember who Carly is.

Where did she skate???????????????????????/

MinnMan