Competition in Nice?? | Golden Skate

Competition in Nice??

Kasey

Medalist
I saw a thread in another skating forum about a competition in Nice, France, that apparantly is starting, today?? Going through the weekend? Does anyone know about this, and who is there? It was mentioned that Plushy, Griazev, Lutai all were going to be there...but I thought Plush was opting out of competitions until CoR?

Kasey

France usually hosts a "Jumps" competition. It may be that.
or it might be a thing called Theatre on Ice.

Joe

Kasey

Medalist
Thanks Joe. Actually, it is the "International Cup of Nice"...I still don't know all the details, although there are novice through senior skaters from various countries there. What I do know right now is that Griazev is in first, Jeannette in second in senior men! Whoo hoo, bring on Cup of Russia! :)

Kasey

Kasey

Medalist
He had a back injury a month and a half ago....guess he's healed up! :) Glad to see it!

Kasey

Kasey said:
He had a back injury a month and a half ago....guess he's healed up! :) Glad to see it!Kasey

Griazev did not appear for Skate America (Oct. 22) but he made this little competition 2 weeks later in Nice. Injury all healed? or just a quiet place to practice his new program?

Joe

Kasey

Medalist
Joesitz said:
Griazev did not appear for Skate America (Oct. 22) but he made this little competition 2 weeks later in Nice. Injury all healed? or just a quiet place to practice his new program?

Joe

Just like Plushy can't do GP events, but can do quads and triple axels in other shows at the same time...hmmmmmm! ;)

Whether Griazev wasn't prepared for SA, or he was still healing...whatever, I am glad that he seems better now. I went to SA and was looking forward to seeing him, but hey, life is life.

Kasey

He has a lot of talent and I would have loved to see him at SA but life is life.

I have the feeling that he is a man for himself like Christopher Bowman. Let' see.

Joe

Kasey

Medalist
HMMMMMM....

Talent wise, I truly hope he is a LOT like Bowman! But, no offense to Christopher, who I enjoyed watching at times, I hope he is NOTHING like him in any other respect!! ;)

Kasey

Ximena

Final Flight
AFAIK Griazev was seriously injured and he spend a week or so in the hospital in Moscow for treatment and he had to stop training because of that. He did win the Nice cup, but who knows what he actually landed.