2 Sinead KERR / John KERR 32.32 2
3 Pernelle CARRON / Mathieu JOST 31.77 3
4 Vanessa CRONE / Paul POIRIER 31.75 4
5 Kristin FRASER / Igor LUKANIN 30.05 5
6 Ekaterina RUBLEVA / Ivan SHEFER 28.44 6
7 Jennifer WESTER / Daniil BARANTSEV 28.02 7
8 Zoe BLANC / Pierre-Loup BOUQUET 25.19 8
9 Joanna BUDNER / Jan MOSCICKI 24.73 9

nice lead for the Italians over the Scots.. D/S to skate..

rosee

On the Ice
Actually their TES are low, PCS are about the same:

SA : 17.44 16.93
TEB: 16.04 16.28

But again, I don't think you can really compare two CDs. Anyone watched it on IceNetwork?

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Actually their TES are low, PCS are about the same:

SA : 17.44 16.93
TEB: 16.04 16.28

But again, I don't think you can really compare two CDs. Anyone watched it on IceNetwork?

I did. I thougt the Kerrs and F/S were marked low. I am no expert but I was surprised at their scores, especially the Kerrs.

mycelticblessing

Final Flight
I did. I thougt the Kerrs and F/S were marked low. I am no expert but I was surprised at their scores, especially the Kerrs.

Could this be one of those low-scoring competitions? D/S scores do not look particularly high either.

DELOBEL / SCHOENFELDER FRA 37.98 18.84 19.14

I haven't seen footage of the competition though, so it's hard to say for sure.

fiercemao

Match Penalty
Could this be one of those low-scoring competitions? D/S scores do not look particularly high either.

DELOBEL / SCHOENFELDER FRA 37.98 18.84 19.14

I haven't seen footage of the competition though, so it's hard to say for sure.

But D/S' PCS is higher than SA score.

herios

Medalist
IMO you can't really compare scores for a Waltz and a Paso...

But you can compare the couples from SC where they did also the Paso, for ex. Crone / Poirier and Wester / Barantsev:

Canadians were scored higher here and the Americans lower

~tapdancer

On the Ice
I watched it live...here's my take on the teams I can remember something about...

The first warm-up group were abysmal...W/B, to me, looked the best, and they weren't that good. No one really captured the Paso, no tension, way too loose and skating far apart.

1 Delobel / Schoenfelder FRA 37.98 - costumes were ridiculous, he did not look like a matador, he was channeling Johnny Depp as a pirate. They had their usual good tech and of course, the judges liked their expression. No surprise here.

2 Federica FAIELLA / Massimo SCALI 34.46 - I liked their Paso the best at this comp. Finally some tension, good expression. Tech good. Didn't like his costume, a black and gold shirt with plunging neckline :eek: , didn't look like any matador I've ever seen!

3 Sinead KERR / John KERR 32.32 - costumes were nice, well, his anyway, her dress, while it suited her well, was too conservative looking, like a cocktail dress, no flashiness to it at all. They matched colors (black and gold). Their timing was off and it looked a little sloppy.

4 Pernelle CARRON / Mathieu JOST 31.77 - have to go back and look at them again.

5 Vanessa CRONE / Paul POIRIER 31.75 - looked okay but they still look like juniors to me and I'm just not that impressed yet. Don't like his costume, the thing around his waist looks odd and makes his bum stick out obviously! She sort of fades into the background for me...she's so young-looking...definitely not a diva yet, or even a diva-in-training.

6 Kristin FRASER / Igor LUKANIN 30.05 - his costume was the worst, I thought he was going to take flight! Some flapping things around his waist that came down to his knees! Awful. They didn't impress...too loose and sloppy, like many of the other teams.

7 Ekaterina RUBLEVA / Ivan SHEFER 28.44 - again, sloppy Paso. No tension, too far apart. Costumes must not have been too bad, since I can't remember them!

8 Jennifer WESTER / Daniil BARANTSEV 28.02 - Costumes dull, I just don't like hers, doesn't look complimentary for the Paso, at all. I liked them the best of the first group but once again, not enough tension and too far apart.

9 Zoe BLANC / Pierre-Loup BOUQUET 25.19 - very sloppy, miles apart.

10 Joanna BUDNER / Jan MOSCICKI 24.73 - Definitely deserved last place. They need to watch a few Pasos to get the idea of what it should it look like. Cause this ain't it!

Sorry, if I overused the words "sloppy, loose, no tension" but that's exactly what I saw in this competition...F/S were the only team to come close to skating what looked like a good Paso Doble. D/S, of course, had the edges, but it just didn't have the real flavor of the dance.

All of the above is strictly my humble opinion...and no expert am I. I'm just relying on my years of watching ice dance and having fun with it...

sillylionlove

Medalist
DARN!!!! I can't believe that I missed that!!!! :love:

From the waist up, it look exactly like a black smoking jacket with gold (but not sparkly) lapels.

Think Basil Rathbone's Sherlock Holmes

Last edited by a moderator:

lmarie086

Medalist
DelSchoes had just about the voidiest Paso I've seen, if such a thing is actually possible. I didn't see much that said 'Paso Doble,' but they were true to their individual style and were better than everyone else while doing so.

I liked Faiella/Scali the best as well, then the Kerrs (who seemed to lack some of the tension needed for the dance). I also liked Scali's haircut; he looks better with short hair.