Cup of Russia - Ladies Free Skate - LIVE!!!!! | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Cup of Russia - Ladies Free Skate - LIVE!!!!!

Vash01

Medalist
Joesitz said:
Interesting it's 3 oldtimers and 3 newtimers. Good skating to all of them and looking forward especially to another brilliant Firebird.

Joe

3 Japanese, 2 Canadians, 1 Russian.

Who would have thought at the beginning of the season there would be 2 Canadians but no US ladies in the GPF? This is amazing.

IMO the main competition may be between Irina and Shizuka but I am really concerned about Irina - can she do the 2 long and 1 short programs in a span of 2 days? I hope it won't adversely affect her health.

Good luck to all.

Vash

dewet

Final Flight
Vash01 said:
3 Japanese, 2 Canadians, 1 Russian.

Who would have thought at the beginning of the season there would be 2 Canadians but no US ladies in the GPF? This is amazing.

IMO the main competition may be between Irina and Shizuka but I am really concerned about Irina - can she do the 2 long and 1 short programs in a span of 2 days? I hope it won't adversely affect her health.

Good luck to all.
Vash

I don't think Irina has to worry because last year they changed it to 1 short
and 1 long, unless I remembered incorrectly.

Last edited:

Vash01

Medalist
glow_girl85 said:
yes, i think you're right.

That's good. I will be less worried for Irina. The travel will be stressful (Russia to US for Marshalls, on to China to GPF, then RN and Euro in Turin (?) and finally back to Russia). I hope she can handle it. Irina, please just be healthy and everything will be alright.

Vash

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
dewet said:
I don't think Irina has to worry because last year they changed it to 1 short
and 1 long, unless I remembered incorrectly.

It would be REALLY NICE if they could figure out from one season to the next what format they want to use. It seems to change every year. One year it was faceoffs for 1st, 3rd, and 5th, then the next year it was just 2 longs and a short again like it was the year before. Next thing I suppose it'll be half a long program, 30 second pause, then the short program, 30 second pause, then the rest of the long program or something like that. That's about all they haven't tried yet. I suppose under COP it would be a bit silly to have 2 long programs, but really no sillier than it was anyway. Still, I suppose with only 6 entrants per competition, they have to do SOMETHING to justify the ticket prices. However, paying to see a group of skaters gasping to death by about halfway through the second long program rather nullifies that concept, especially if they hold the thing at altitude.

wvgal57

On the Ice
That's why I don't want to see Irina travel to the US for the cheesy fest. She doens't need all this travel and it's not like they'd tie her anyways. She wuz robbed at the last event and I just dont' see it worth her effort.

Hope she stays in Moscow and continues to train.

Vash01

Medalist
wvgal57 said:
That's why I don't want to see Irina travel to the US for the cheesy fest. She doens't need all this travel and it's not like they'd tie her anyways. She wuz robbed at the last event and I just dont' see it worth her effort.

Hope she stays in Moscow and continues to train.

ITA. She loves to compete but she really needs to save her energy for the more important competitions and not get burned out by worlds.