2023 Cup of China Women's Free Skate | Page 12 | Golden Skate

2023 Cup of China Women's Free Skate

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Less than 2.5 point between 1st and 3rd place. Yoshida wins Cup of China. 😱👍 Not a bad score for Hendrickx in the FS especially given the mistakes but too little to keep the 1st place. I actually agree with placements here.

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Lunch time. I am not sure if I can watch the men from the beginning but for sure must see Adam and Shoma.

lileychristie

Lee-lay
Medalist
Country
Australia
What the hell is that plushy?

@lileychristie said a Bathynomus giganteus.

Yup, if you go to Rinka's ISU bio, one of her hobby is "collecting goods of Bathynomus giganteus" 😂

Bathynomus giganteus:
9tO3q7d.jpg

icewhite

Record Breaker
Loena was struggling quite a bit but I admire her courage to be unapologetically herself and go against the grain when it comes to musical choices. I wish skaters would more often opt for bolder remixes or electronica instead of saccharine covers of various songs or one of the same 10 warhorses every season. Not sure whether she will win.

while I agree with the general sentiment, I think this particular remix is actually pretty awful

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I mean, maybe one could argue about whether Rinka or Hana should be ahead, but nothing terrible 🤫
yup... the first two could have gone either way... but nothing terrible for sure there. Loena had a strong lead from the SP... even with a bit less GOE and PCS candy, she still wouldn't have dropped further. I feel that Maddie may have scored a bit higher.. but again, she is pretty much where she should end up... other skaters doing not too well compensated for the judges a bit timid PCS.