Define Lambiel’s coaching style | Page 12 | Golden Skate

Define Lambiel’s coaching style

Status
Not open for further replies.

halulupu

Final Flight
Lambiel reacted same way as Eteri would. No difference. Where is the bubbly, best friend coach everyone always is talking about? Maybe just clever marketing

But honestly wasn't he right to be pissed. They probably went to this c competition to earn few easy points for the world ranking or to try out new things. Denis didn't even try a quad, etc...

halulupu

Final Flight
Deniss attempted a 4S in both his Short Program (downgraded) and Free Program (underrotated, fell). What are you talking about when you said he didn't try? Did you watch the skates or just the K&C?
Thats not the point. So you think lambiel overreacted?

halulupu

Final Flight
Did I really just read Eteri and Stéphane in the same sentence about coaching style?
I think I need to go to bed. I am getting confused. :slink:
Well, tell me the difference between eteri when she is trash talking her students after they failed and how Lambiel did it?

rabidline

Final Flight
Thats not the point. So you think lambiel overreacted?
It's a point, because you obviously didn't watch the whole competition to put a context of why the interaction between Stephane and Deniss happened. Why should I entertain you with my thoughts when you don't care about basic facts?

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Well, tell me the difference between eteri when she is trash talking her students after they failed and how Lambiel did it?
The difference is that he's an adored hufflepuff while Eteri is a despised slytherin.
What matters isn't what is said or done, it's who said or did.

Last edited:

decafjava

On the Ice
Country
Switzerland
The difference is that he's an adored hufflepuff while Eteri is a despised slytherin.
What matters isn't what is said or done, it's who said or did.
Maybe, just maybe, both are tough coaches but fair? Maybe both are good? Just saying.

Lamente Ariane

Skating Skills -5, Fashion +3, Camp +4
Record Breaker
Lambiel reacted same way as Eteri would. No difference. Where is the bubbly, best friend coach everyone always is talking about? Maybe just clever marketing

But honestly wasn't he right to be pissed. They probably went to this c competition to earn few easy points for the world ranking or to try out new things. Denis didn't even try a quad, etc...
People dislike Eteri as a coach for reasons that go far beyond what is said in the kiss and cry. But thanks for revealing your disingenuous agenda.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This thread is about Lambiel's coaching style, not Eteri's. The difference between the two is so profound that I don't even have time to describe it all.

and has Jack Squat to do with "Poor pitiful other coach so picked upon because people just hate the country and hate a winner and hate this and that and poor pitiful us so picked upon picked upon picked upon"

I don't think so Tim :biggrin:

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Also, more directed to Stéphane and the topic of this thread, where did the stereotype of "everyone's best friend and buddy" come from? I have never gotten that from Stéphane.

No coach should be all one thing. A "all tough" coach is not a good coach. Geez, talk about outdated thinking from many years ago when I was a kid: just work hard, just play through pain, just train until exhaustion, nothing but criticism.

Not good coaching. The drunk on Fourth Street can coach like that.

Everyone's best friend and pal, with never a word of criticism or questions? Not good coaching. See above about the drunk on Fourth Street,

The good coach knows when to be tougher, knows when to be a friend, and most importantly, knows that each skater is their own person and adjusts their coaching appropriately.

If coaches in the NFL, under far more pressure than any skating coach, can coach to the player, can mix criticism and encouragement, so can skating coaches. The best ones will.

halulupu

Final Flight
It's a point, because you obviously didn't watch the whole competition to put a context of why the interaction between Stephane and Deniss happened. Why should I entertain you with my thoughts when you don't care about basic facts?
Shying away from discussion and ovious questions its just bad manner. Have nice day in your golden fandom prison

halulupu

Final Flight
Also, more directed to Stéphane and the topic of this thread, where did the stereotype of "everyone's best friend and buddy" come from? I have never gotten that from Stéphane.
This narrative is spinned heavily in this very thread, based on some interviews some of his students gave. sort of over-glorification

but I totally agree with you!

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This narrative is spinned heavily in this very thread, based on some interviews some of his students gave. sort of over-glorification

but I totally agree with you!

I’m glad you agree that Stéphane is an excellent coach who combines the best of both worlds:

Critique when needed. Support and enthusiasm when needed.

And all the happy hoo-hah that he is self-centered completely wrong. A very student centered coach.

It is good to agree :)

halulupu

Final Flight
I’m glad you agree that Stéphane is an excellent coach who combines the best of both worlds:

And all the happy hoo-hah that he is self-centered completely wrong. A very student centered coach.

I agree with you that a coach shouldn't be your best friend and tough when needed.

SXTN

Final Flight

He is everything but not a student centered coach. If he was, his skaters would not skate to Lambiel music with Lambiel moves all the time. Artists are never altruistic, they are always narcissistic or histrionic at their core.

Last edited:

SXTN

Final Flight
Lambiel reacted same way as Eteri would. No difference.

Exactly. He criticised Deniss immediately after the competition in front of running cameras. This is what Eteri also does frequently. Lambiel seems to be a more covert narcissist though.

They way Deniss said "STOP" to him was very alarming and telling. I hope he can break free of this symbiotic and assimilative relation one day. I would love for him to find a coach who can help him with consistency and who helps him develop his own personality.

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Exactly. He criticised Deniss immediately after the competition in front of running cameras. This is what Eteri also does frequently. Lambiel seems to be a more covert narcissist though.

They way Deniss said "STOP" to him was very alarming and telling. I hope he can break free of this symbiotic and assimilative relation one day. I would love for him to find a coach who can help him with consistency and who helps him develop his own personality.
I was watching it live and I am very upset with Stephane. And as far as adding the 2T to the 3A, if Deniss didn't think it was the right move, he knows best. His Lutz combinations were gorgeous. I'm glad Deniss got angry. He is a man, who is on his 13th International season. He deserves respect. He was a novice champion for 3 years, 3 years in juniors with good results. And this is his 8th senior year. He trained in Latvia, France, Russia and Switzerland. He has a strong fan base, and his connection to the audience is great.

Status
Not open for further replies.