Define Lambiel’s coaching style | Page 13 | Golden Skate

Define Lambiel’s coaching style

Status
Not open for further replies.

SXTN

Final Flight
Wow... I thought i had read it all in this thread but this surpasses it all. This kind of generalization is extremely dismissive and not founded at all.

There has been a growing army of clinical researchers making the case that a high percentage of artists (fine artists, performers and writers) suffer from some form of mental illness. “High” meaning well above the general population. The degree of severity differs of course, but artists have been found to be at higher risk of narcissistic or histrionic disorders which is in the nature of things because they produce something that is evaluated by other people and reflected back either positively or negatively.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
There has been a growing army of clinical researchers making the case that a high percentage of artists (fine artists, performers and writers) suffer from some form of mental illness. “High” meaning well above the general population. The degree of severity differs of course, but artists have been found to be at higher risk of narcissistic or histrionic disorders which is in the nature of things because they produce something that is evaluated by other people and reflected back either positively or negatively.
Making such statements requires providing serious sources. While you are at it, please have a look at the extensive research devoted to understanding the positive effects of music education on the brain for instance, or the link between high creativity with high IQ... etc... I am thankful for artists. Many make this world better !

Finally, I am confused because in your post, you are also hoping for Deniss to be able to develop his own artistry and expression, because in your opinion, Stéphane is imposing his artistic personality on his students...

So if artists are so bad, why do you wish for Deniss to develop his unique artistry? Wouldn't it be better, as you are making such bold statements about artists, for Deniss to actually never develop his creativity. Let's make sure he remains mentally stable right?

WOW. This thread. :palmf:

:slink:

Last edited:

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia

All that - even if it were peer-review accepted studies, I have no idea and less interest - is a hell of a long way from your sweeping "always" which makes me rather doubt the claims made are well researched. My apologies for being blunt.

ManyCairns

Medalist
Country
United-States
Was Lambiel the straw man target for trying to normalize toxic and sketchy coaching practices and environments for this whole thread, and I was slow to catch on -- or is that just the latest permutation of this strange saga?

GS Forum Staff

Record Breaker
Hey folks, this thread is just three days short of a year old. The staff feels the topic—Define Lambiel’s coaching style—has pretty much been covered to the point that posts are now going off topic.

Feel free to create a new thread if you feel there is something new to discuss, but this thread will now be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.