Dornbush to replace Abbott at 4CC's | Golden Skate

Dornbush to replace Abbott at 4CC's

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Rats, saw this earlier. I am not a Riky fan despite his great skating last year. What a shame for Jeremy. Is this a new injury, or a chronic issue he skated with? Sorry, Jeremy, lots of us were seeing you on the podium at 4cc's. We hope Worlds will be your event!

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
It isn't fair to Armin, I think, especially given how close 4CC's is to Nationals.

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
Heterosexual and moderately attractive in the typical sense = USFSA loves you more than everyone else.

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
Heterosexual and moderately attractive in the typical sense = USFSA loves you more than everyone else.

How do you know this is in the play?

Rats, saw this earlier. I am not a Riky fan despite his great skating last year. What a shame for Jeremy. Is this a new injury, or a chronic issue he skated with? Sorry, Jeremy, lots of us were seeing you on the podium at 4cc's. We hope Worlds will be your event!

It's sad. I put him on the podium at 4CC.

I've never heard Jeremy had hip injury before. I believe he's had back injury when he was a young skater many many years ago. But he's never had any major injuries in recent years. Maybe he's worked too hard on his 4T-3T?

Last edited:

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Oh, come on, the USA is league of all nations and the top ladies for a long time have been different asian heritages. Maybe they feel 4CC's would be a place to build Ricky's confidence back. Have there been similar choices to these smaller events over the years? I am guessing yes. I am not privvy to decision making meetings but how do we know Armin wants to go to $CC's. Could he have turned it down? What are the possibilities other than USFSA hates Iran?

Last edited:

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
It is a fair question to ask, just because many top ladies are Asian doesn't mean racism can't exist. (How are you going to use race to hold down the Kween?)

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
To me he also comes across as heterosexual, by figure skating standards at least.

You missed my point. I didn't mean Dornbush isn't a heterosexual. I don't know his sexual orientation and I don't care. I was questioning BoP's take on USFSA's intention. BoP suggested that because Dornbush is heterosexual, so USFSA is in favor of him.

Serious Business

Record Breaker
Before someone says, "maybe Armin (and everybody else ahead of Dornbush) declined," he probably wasn't asked. We know the USFS didn't ask Alissa to 4CC.

It's possible (and even likely) that the USFS mainly based this on the fact that Dornbush did much better internationally than Armin this season. Which I can be fine with, if the USFS was actually transparent and consistent about this policy. Without transparency and consistency, though, something as important as the opportunity to compete and gain points for future opportunities is left to backroom dealings. Boo!

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
Was Abott injured at nationals? Anyway better to be healthy for worlds!

Don't think so. After his National win, he was very happy and said unlike last year, he has two more competitions ahead of him this season (4CC and Worlds).

His family has planned to see his LP live at 4CC since they didn't get to enjoy his live LP performance at Nationals because his stepfather passed out during his LP and they called 911 and left arena after he finished LP. His stepfather is fine now.

Last edited:

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
It's not fair to Armin or the others who finished ahead of Dornbush, no, but it has nothing to do with race. They didn't exactly ask Carriere or Razzano either (I don't think).

Funny that last season they went strictly by Nationals results and picked Bradley/Dornbush/Miner and used that reasoning to defend their decision but now are deviating from the Nationals results. I know it's 4CC not Worlds but it's still kind of hypocritical.

That being said, I still hope Dornbush does well and I know he didn't skate like his usual self at Nationals so I can see the logical defenses for an exception.