Dream Programs | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Dream Programs

KatGrace1925

Medalist
I have always wanted someone to skate to "Across the Stars" from star wars, there is so much movement in that score piece that I think it needs to be skated to! Mao Asada would probably do it justice, she is brilliant with emotion! Ashley Wagner could do it too but I am leaning toward Mao. I can imagine all the coreography and julps when I hear it!

There is a song called "Of These Chains" by a band called Red that I would love Gracie to skate to next year. It is an emotional song but I think it fits the point she is at in her career with her ups and downs.

I want Julia Lipinskya to do Nessum Dorma! My favorite opera song and one of my favortie skaters to watch! Julia is so balletic and has such great lines! I want her to come back strong next year!

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
OHHHH!!! I think Polina Edmunds should skate to "Outer Space" by 5 Seconds of Summer! I think she likes 5SOS so maybe that'll do good for her if she does do so!

I think there should be a dance team that should skate to "The Mates of Soul" by Taylor John Williams for a FD. Such a good slow and mellow beat.

jrodlopez

Rinkside
Mirai needs to skate to more contemporary music like in her short but for the long. I would love her to do a medley or a song by the The Chainsmokers or a band from that genre. I think Iceland's 2016 Eurovision entry "Hear Them Calling" would make a great long program for her. Also something sexy similar to her exhibition from this year in her short would be amazing! I feel like she needs to move more in the direction that Ashley has in her programs, more theme and acting vs elegance and ballets. She definitely could do some programs with classic music since she does have the lines to suit that type of program. For some reason, I would love her to do Swan Lake or a medley from a classic Broadway musical such as My Fair Lady or the King and I.

Nightcrawler

On the Ice
My wildest dream Ice Dance program (and it has been for over 10 years) is Le Jeune Homme et la Mort to Johann Sebastian Bach's Passacaglia in C minor (J.S. isn't used quite as often as he should if you ask me). I can already picture Guillaume in his jeans overalls and Gabby in her yellow dress as his unfaithful lover who drives him to suicide. It's raw, dramatic and could have such an impact in the Olympics that could threaten Torvill & Dean's Bolero in epicness. I've always wondered how this isn't figure skating's #1 warhorse... :scratch2:

MaxSwagg

Match Penalty
V/T doing the "Finale" from early-modernist opera "Salome".

Someone, maybe Mao or Patrick (actually, Patrick please), doing Prokofiev Piano Concerto 3.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I hope Patrick doesn't do Prokofiev... NO!!!! :(
V/T doing the "Finale" from early-modernist opera "Salome".

Someone, maybe Mao or Patrick (actually, Patrick please), doing Prokofiev Piano Concerto 3.

note : i just do not like Prokofiev that much and i like Patrick very much.. would be painful for me ;)

Last edited:

mrrice

Record Breaker
I'd love see Kaetlyn Osmond skate to "Good Morning Heartache" Along with Adelina Sotnikova and Ashley Wagner, I consider Kaetlyn to be one the current "Diva's" in skating.

Good Morning Heartache By Diana Ross: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVxr8_Qyxo4

I'd like to see an edgy couple like Chris and Alexa skate to this cool song by 2 of my favorite singers. Tears For Fears and the spectacular Oleta Adams. It's called "Woman In Chains"

Woman In Chains: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzkK3ZtI9SU

Last edited:

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker

note : i just do not like Prokofiev that much and i like Patrick very much.. would be painful for me ;)

Why the dislike? I love the piece of music. Kostner used that music for her free skate and won her first World bronze medal by beating Kwan. I also like the composer's Piano Concerto 1, so if Patrick performs to the pieces rarely used for figure skating, that would be awesome.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Why the dislike? I love the piece of music. Kostner used that music for her free skate and won her first World bronze medal by beating Kwan. I also like the composer's Piano Concerto 1, so if Patrick performs to the pieces rarely used for figure skating, that would be awesome.

hehe :) do not mind me ;) I have a particular relationship with some composers... and Prokofiev and I go a long way ;) I just find some of his "tricks" a bit shallow... it's definitely fun to play and Martha Argerich for instance plays a mean Proko 3 ;) I prefer BY far Proko 1 :) so I am willing to do a compromise here.

apons575

Rinkside

I agree! Patrick has done enough piano music for a few seasons. I need something different. He needs a good opera aria!....as long as it's not Nessun Dorma....PLEASE NO! HAHA

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
In a second life as a skater i would definitely choose Mogwai - Friend of the Night, i love this song so much.

It could be a great music choice also for the pairs (Stolbova/Klimov?)

Someone should skate to music from Friday Night Lights/Explosions in the Sky because it's been five years and I still miss that show lmao.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0o8JCxjjpM

I'm a huge fan of Explosions in the Sky, can be a little tricky to design a competitive program on their music (maybe more a show program) but it would be awesome.

Lillian

Match Penalty
Okay, we now have confirmed that Yuzuru will skate to jazz music next season. What could it be?

petitebrie

On the Ice
I'd like to see Tuktamysheva skate to Samson and Delilah. I think I would suit her style more than a waltz or Carmina.

My thoughts exactly! The bacchanale in particular. It would give her an opportunity to be seductive and dramatic, yet classical, while wearing a flowy, diaphanous garment. Plus there are some good musical highlights to go with those big jumps.