Favorite Ladies Costume (All Time) | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Favorite Ladies Costume (All Time)

nguyenghita

On the Ice
Everything Yuna Kim wore post 2007.
This.

Yuna have very good designers (canadian and korean) work for her. It pissed me off when Korean heavily criticized and even smashed a poor designer's blog when they first saw SITC dress.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I like this Shizuka's costume the best, really sexy and revealing! http://news.3yen.com/wp-content/images/nipple_slip_slide_show.jpg

Depending on your criteria. The dress doesn't show up well on the ice so if you go for best costume some things USUALLY to consider are color, fit, how does it relate to the music and program, how does it show up on the ice with the lighting. how does it move as you skate. Not just appearance close up.

cooper

Medalist
i tend to like more yuna's costumes on ice shows.. than actual competitions..

i also like alissa and sasha..

This.

Yuna have very good designers (canadian and korean) work for her. It pissed me off when Korean heavily criticized and even smashed a poor designer's blog when they first saw SITC dress.

come on.. i thought it was funny as hell.. :laugh2:

nguyenghita

On the Ice
come on.. i thought it was funny as hell.. :laugh2:
It may sound funny for us but not funny at all for the one who is criticized. Knez always overreacting like that. The only funny thing was that they quickly fall in love with the dress after caused all the noisy.

amazingMao

Rinkside
Nice thread here...

Here are my favorites from competitions:
Mao Asada - dresses from Nocturne (2006), Lavander (World 2008 version), Claire de Lune (both Lavander and blue dress), Olympic dresses (Bells of Moscow, Masquerade Suite), all versions of her dresses for Liebesträume (2010 Japan Open, 2011 and 2012 Worlds), Scheherazade (pants version), Swan Lake (1st version), all her dresses in 2013-2014 season (Nocturne and Rachmaninoff 2)

Yuna Kim - dresses from Lark Ascending, Danse Macabre, James Bond Medley, Gershwin, Arirang, Les Miserables

Akiko Suzuki - dresses from "O" from Cirque du Soleil, Die Fledermaus

Carolina Kostner - dresses from Ave Maria and Bolero

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Fumie's "Jupiter" dress :love:

Michelle's "Lyra" dress

Gracie's current sp dress

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
I'm interested to know which are your favorite costumes in the women's league like to date.:)

Are female ice and pair skaters also involved in the criteria? Or, only ladies single skaters?

I've always thought Tessa's costumes are really gorgeous and fit to her programs. I rarely watch ice dancing competitions though. :p

iceberg

On the Ice
Are female ice and pair skaters also involved in the criteria? Or, only ladies single skaters?

I've always thought Tessa's costumes are really gorgeous and fit to her programs. I rarely watch ice dancing competitions though. :p

Yes female singles, ice dance, pairs. :)

leoncorazon

Skating on through
On the Ice
Country
United-States
Kwan's red Scheherazade dress was amazing! Yuna's Bond dress at the Olympics was also stunning.

Warwick360

Medalist
No mention of Elena Ilinykh's Sochi Black Swan?

That and Yuna's Gershwin are the most memorable in my mind.