2024 4CC: Women's thoughts? | Golden Skate

2024 4CC: Women's thoughts?

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Chiba is on a roll! Good for her!

There were a lot of good programs in the Women's event. Which were your favorites?

Haein Lee, who I thought would medal, cryptically said that something "bad" happened prior to the event which made her "sad, stressed and shocked." I can't help but wonder what it was?

Dreamer57

Record Breaker
This was a dream event for Mone and I'm glad that she showed what she can do even better than at nationals! Also thrilled for Chaeyeon and Rinka; I would say the podium is right. Rinka will be rueing the popped lutz but the magnificent 3A saved her, Chaeyeon went into her 3S a little too fast and fell towards the end, but ultimately I don't think she could have caught Mone.
I hope Haein can pick herself up and show her best in Montréal, she is a lovely skater.

Maddie Schizas skated well in her free, it would be great to see her do that again next month.
I noticed that China was able to send 3 women entries to this event but I was surprised to see that Chen Hongyi doesn't have worlds TES yet. Does China have a senior woman eligible to compete at worlds?

Olly96

Cats, bats & figure skating
On the Ice
Country
Estonia
It was a very exciting event! Congratulations to Mone, Chaeyeon and Rinka on their medals!

Both of Mone's programs were amazing, I was so happy for her! If she continues on this good trajectory, a medal at the Worlds is not out of the question. Cannot wait to see what the future holds for her!

Chaeyeon and Ava Marie once again showed a very good consistency and I'm excited to follow their development as well.

I love Rinka's short program and she performed it extremely well. Her 3A in the free was very beautiful.

Tzu-Han Ting's programs were the highlight for me. Her music choices really stood out and her costumes were gorgeous.