• Mens

Votes: 32 25.6%
  • Adagio

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Dyan

On the Ice
:agree: Great choice Teresa Dawn.

I know that many people don't understand icedance or appreciate some of the so callled more "European" or "Russian" styles but I find icedance to be the most interesting of the disciplines. My dream would be to see every dance team from the CD's through the FD in Turin. Of course I could just move to Europe and watch Eurosport for the two weeks the Olympics are taking place.

Teresa Dawn

On the Ice
Lol! Well that is true: But sounds to me an expensive way to go about it ;) I'm gonna hope to get all the dance teams videos off of fsvids or something online myself ;) I'm gonna try to attend the 2010 Olympics though in Vancouver so I'm hoping to see all the dance teams then, but that is a super long ways off LOL!!!!

I like pairs a lot too, but Dance is by far my fav :rock:

R.D.

Record Breaker
Ladies

Ah, this one's a cake-walk. I don't like any of the others :disagree:

Shanti

On the Ice
One more Ice Dance fan here :agree: It's always been my favourite discipline.

BTW, what are "fours" and "adagio" :scratch: ?

CzarinaAnya

Medalist
I love Pairs and Ladies' skating best, but if I have to choose a favorite, I would pick pairs. I'm a big fan of only one lady skater and fond of only a few. Pairs holds my attention more than any other skating discipline. Though, I do love to watch all 4! :)

Teresa Dawn

On the Ice
Shanti said:
One more Ice Dance fan here :agree: It's always been my favourite discipline.

BTW, what are "fours" and "adagio" :scratch: ?

Fours is two men and two ladies, pretty much two pairs on the ice at once. They do cool stuff like one guy will lift a girl and then after the lift he will throw her to the other guy and he will continue the lift while the first one picks up the second girl so that they are both doing lifts. It is really neat to watch.

Adagio: hard to explain. Think of it as a mixture of pairs and dance sorta. they do the overhead lifts and stuff. it is one guy one girl, but they do not do the side by side jumps or spins nor do they do throws and twists I think. It is more of a show-style so to speak. If anyone can explain these better please do lol!

mmscfdcsu

On the Ice
Mens. Give me the power and speed any day. Then Pairs and Ladies. I would rather watch paint dry than watch Dance. Dance is a great time to explore the city at Nationals and Worlds. It is also so boring to do. I figure I'll dance when I get old. I'm only 52 now, way too young for ice dance. :eek:

Germanice

On the Ice
Mens! I prefer real personalities and artistry :rock: over all these boring,
sugar-coated, overrated little ice princesses! A few exceptions, right now mainly coming from Russia & Japan, just prove the rule, of course! :cool:

1. Mens
2. Pairs
3. Ladies
4. Dance (so un-European! :biggrin: )

Anke

Dyan

On the Ice
I remember during the 2003 Nationals exhibitions the Pottenger brothers and their partners did sort of a fours type exhibition. It was one of my favorite programs of that telecast and I was looking forward to seeing more of both teams. Alas both teams broke up not too long after.

I used to love Fours. It was a combination of two Pairs teams who were more rivals than friends but they worked for the Fours medal. I remember one set of Fours who all did split jumps and they were all perfect. One could have skated underneath those spread out legs quite safely.

Joe

Kasey

Medalist
It was close for me, but I went with men's. For me it would be:

1. Men's
very close 2. Dance
3. Pairs
4. Ladies