Figure skating show coming to Netflix | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Figure skating show coming to Netflix

moriel

Record Breaker
I dunno, if they want romance, they should have a plot where two same gender skaters fall in love, and still have to compete against each other or something. With all the nice details as in one of them not making GPF because the other did well and so on.
a bit of a Yuri on Ice rip off but still better than girl+bad boy

hanyuufan5

✨**:。*
Medalist
I dunno, if they want romance, they should have a plot where two same gender skaters fall in love, and still have to compete against each other or something. With all the nice details as in one of them not making GPF because the other did well and so on.
a bit of a Yuri on Ice rip off but still better than girl+bad boy

Now that I would watch in a heartbeat!

I think the problem with these skating shows/movies is that you have to be a fan of skating first before making one. Yuri on Ice was so good because the creators already liked skating and thought, "Hey, let's make an anime!" rather than already making anime and thinking, "Hey, how about one about skating?"

DanseMacabre

Final Flight
Country
Iceland
Very Important Update: Johnny Weir Joins Netflix Skating Drama 'Spinning Out'

Weir will play a rival to the show's lead characters, Kat (Kaya Scodelario) and Justin (Evan Roderick). Kat is an up-and-coming single figure skater whose path is derailed by a disastrous fall. She then takes a chance to continue her career with a bad-boy partner in Justin — while risking exposure of a secret that could unravel her entire life.

Weir, whose figure-skating commentary at the past two Winter Olympics has been a must-watch for fans, will play Gabe. He seems like an easygoing guy, but underneath is a cutthroat competitor who will stop at nothing to beat Kat and Justin.

This show is gonna be WILD.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
This show should hire both he and Tara and save NBC viewers from them. The less we have to hear them run their mouths on the latter, through an entirety of someones program, the better IMHO.

malya

On the Ice
So Johnny Weir plays a pair skater...

They were never going for a realistic plot but WHUT?

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
i mean, they could just go to russia and film different coaches and their teams as they prepare for rusnats.
that is some high quality game of thrones drama and suspense
I've always scratched my head why they dont film skating series here. They have 1 about hockey & lots of sports movies have been hits recently like "Iсe", "Going vertical" etc
Series about IK is just waiting to happen :laugh: +lots of skaters can have cameos + TAT can have 1!:biggrin:

I'd watch this but Johnny should have played himself. He would be unrealistic as a pair skater imho:laugh:

Im old fashioned so girl+bad boy will work for me much better than yuri on ice:rofl: Though I almost root more for the good guys in tv shows who are considered boring by the majority:laugh:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I have no respect for Johnny. His comments about Adelina deserving gold due to her higher planned difficulty was a complete betrayal to Yuna (who he was quite close to) and also to the sport. I will not support a show that hires snakes.

All the problematic things Weir has done and this is the hill you choose to die on? Perspective, please.

My immediate reaction was ew, gross. Now people will think this thing has some kind of legitimacy.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
i have no respect for johnny. His comments about adelina deserving gold due to her higher planned difficulty was a complete betrayal to yuna (who he was quite close to) and also to the sport. I will not support a show that hires snakes.

lol.

Miriam090

Rinkside
i mean, they could just go to russia and film different coaches and their teams as they prepare for rusnats.
that is some high quality game of thrones drama and suspense

I would watch the hell out of a russian fs documentary... the DRAMA !! It would be incredible

daydreamangel

Rinkside
I would watch the hell out of a russian fs documentary... the DRAMA !! It would be incredible

I want to watch a docu-drama Russian fs catfight.
Also, I 'd love to see a Plush/Yags rivalry type of show instead of the whole bad boy-meets-cute-girl pair thing - that sounds boring.

DanseMacabre said:
Weir will play a rival to the show's lead characters, Kat (Kaya Scodelario) and Justin (Evan Roderick). Kat is an up-and-coming single figure skater whose path is derailed by a disastrous fall. She then takes a chance to continue her career with a bad-boy partner in Justin — while risking exposure of a secret that could unravel her entire life.

Weir, whose figure-skating commentary at the past two Winter Olympics has been a must-watch for fans, will play Gabe. He seems like an easygoing guy, but underneath is a cutthroat competitor who will stop at nothing to beat Kat and Justin.

Wait! If Justin is the bad boy, does that make Johnny the good boy?

Last edited:

daydreamangel

Rinkside
I've been hearing about Yuri on Ice here and there and just decided to check it out - I am on episode 1 and am already dying from all the feelings. Figure Skating anime - got to love it:)