New skating show on Netflix - Zero Chill | Page 2 | Golden Skate

New skating show on Netflix - Zero Chill

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
They could make money by doing so. I'm sure plenty of competitors would be happy for the opportunity if asked. Some already have.
Again, point missed, but that's nothing new. It just shows how many don't know what it's like to train this sport the way these athletes do.

The only people making money would be the network or whoever had the show, not that I think it would work, even the Virtue/Moir series years back was staged.

Everyone thinks these skaters have all this time in their schedules so everyone can see their daily lives.

They are people, not animals in a zoo and don't need to have their lives looked into 24/7.

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
You do not speak for all athletes, stop acting like you do. It seems your comprehension of how a docuseries could work and why it would benefit an athlete is also very low.

First of all, it's entirely possible the key players can get contractual money for appearing. Even if that isn't on the table, the benefit is free publicity, or publicity in a way they wouldn't otherwise be able to get. We live in a world dominated by social media. Gaining viewership is paramount.

It doesn't take extra time out of their schedules either, if they don't want it to. What they are already doing is simply filmed (not much different than all kinds of things constantly being recorded these days anyway) and then they could do extra interviews when they want, to provide inserts. There are people who would be happy to do more than that too - let the crew follow them at home some days, or out shopping, or whatever. Shows like this have already happened anyway, it's simply crazy to say otherwise and to act like there aren't other skaters who would want to do it. The real issue is finding an investor who would want to do a high production value ice skating docuseries.

alexocfp

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
You do not speak for all athletes, stop acting like you do. It seems your comprehension of how a docuseries could work and why it would benefit an athlete is also very low.

First of all, it's entirely possible the key players can get contractual money for appearing. Even if that isn't on the table, the benefit is free publicity, or publicity in a way they wouldn't otherwise be able to get. We live in a world dominated by social media. Gaining viewership is paramount.

It doesn't take extra time out of their schedules either, if they don't want it to. What they are already doing is simply filmed (not much different than all kinds of things constantly being recorded these days anyway) and then they could do extra interviews when they want, to provide inserts. There are people who would be happy to do more than that too - let the crew follow them at home some days, or out shopping, or whatever. Shows like this have already happened anyway, it's simply crazy to say otherwise and to act like there aren't other skaters who would want to do it. The real issue is finding an investor who would want to do a high production value ice skating docuseries.
100% agree.

These are the kinds of programs that can help expand the sport and bring in new eyeballs.

They are cheaper to produce than a lot of other things and it’s not like the skaters aren’t used to cameras being on them.

Plus, the scene where Eteri is punching and kicking the cameramen after they pissed her off and she snaps will be ratings gold! Haha

Minz

It's not over till it's over
Medalist
Country
United-States
Also, remember that this show is for teens, so it‘s going to be very different then Spinning Out, which I believe was for adults.

babyskate

On the Ice
Zero chill was a nice break from my stressful days. I enjoyed seeing the hockey, the family dynamics, and the skating goals of skaters that are not necessarily reaching for National teams or Olympics. I guess I am still a teen at heart.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
I actually think a show about a synchro team would be great. You could have lots of interesting characters. A little like Glee but for skating. And maybe with less plot holes and overly dramatic behaviour.