Football/Soccer Is The Greatest Game On Earth. | Page 92 | Golden Skate

Football/Soccer Is The Greatest Game On Earth.

Meoima

Match Penalty
I don't think Beckham was ever a headcase tbh. I think his head was more about this popularity, being "famous" thing, and that's what prevented him to be greater as a football player but not a headcase.
He was excellent at freekick and passing the ball, what a pity. I did hope for him to be greater cause he had the potential to be greater. I remember he had one goal when he kick it from the half side of the pitch. He was just 20 at the time if I remember correctly. Now that I think about it, if he hadn't known Victoria, would have he become greater?
Oh his wife... :unsure: I have nothing against her, but personally I think her extravagant style influenced him too much.

Talking of which... it reminds me, I meant to ask... With Gerrard stepping down as England captain, who is likely to be chosen to take over from him? Any info? ideas? thoughts?
Anyone but Rooney is fine with me.:slink:

Alba

Record Breaker
correctly. Now that I think about it, if he hadn't known Victoria, would have he become greater?
Oh his wife... :unsure: I have nothing against her, but personally I think her extravagant style influenced him too much.

I think that too.
Ferguson said once something about Beckham not being totally into the football.

BusyMom

Medalist
:laugh: I think after. If I remember well, it was in an interview where he was speaking about that incident too. :biggrin:
I like what Fergie said though; No one's bigger than the club. That mindset is the key of United's success. :bow:

Meoima

Match Penalty
I think that too.
Ferguson said once something about Beckham not being totally into the football.
England fans should have hold some grudge towards Vic. After all she was partially at fault for ruining a football talent. If he had put all his mind into the football, their ranking might have been much better.:eek:hwell:

LRK

Record Breaker
Rooney...sad but true. :bang:

Oh, dear... I don't know, but he just doesn't seem like the captain "type" to me. Having only seen him a handful of times over the years, of course I may be mistaken, but... Even supposeing he really was the "star" he was cracked up to be - being captain is not about being a "star". But, what do I know?

So, if you had the choice - who would you choose?

LRK

Record Breaker
England fans should have hold some grudge towards Vic. After all she was partially at fault for ruining a football talent. If he had put all his mind into the football, their ranking might have been much better.:eek:hwell:

Oh, come, come... ! There is enough resentment in the world to go around and be left over... No need for more of the Beatles fans hating Beatles wives sort of thing... ;)

Meoima

Match Penalty
Oh, come, come... ! There is enough resentment in the world to go around and be left over... No need for more of the Beatles fans hating Beatles wives sort of thing... ;)
No, I am not speaking for myself. Since I am not a fan of that couple, lol. I am just saying what a pity for the England team. They have the most expensive champion league in the world and their team is like...:unsure:

BusyMom

Medalist
So, if you had the choice - who would you choose?
Half of the current team are from Liverpool so my choice can be shamefully bias. My choice will be Glen Johnson (Defender) since he has been with the national team since U-21. Also he has lots of experiences from his previous clubs such as Chelsea, West Ham and Portsmouth. Last season he covered LFC's Captain during Gerrard's injury and did very well.

What do you guys think about Madrid new attackers' team: https://twitter.com/FUTB0LER0S/status/491469885201866753/photo/1
:scowl:

Meoima

Match Penalty
One of the reason I dislike Real Madrid is that they have wasted too much money on top players (and often waste their talents). It's like a star casting, not a reasonable and harmonic casting. :eek:hwell:

Alba

Record Breaker
I like what Fergie said though; No one's bigger than the club. That mindset is the key of United's success. :bow:

Yep. I fully agree with that.

Oh well, he was not a baby and I suspect he liked that a lot. If, of course, that's the real reason.