Free Dance | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Free Dance

Dancerman

Spectator
Nor do I, or most of the audiences. NavBom typically gets the audience vote every time. Let's see what this team brings next season-I think we'll see this is just a great building block for what is to come.:rock:

Fruit Loops

On the Ice
I am! Meeee!

*waves hand frantically*

Out of all the disciplines right at this point in time I love ice dancing the most.

I wouldn't say I love ice dance the most but I am certainly warming up to the discipline more and more thanks to teams like Virtue and Moir. I also agree with your points about the beauty of their dancing rather than physical lifts and "tricks". When teams dance then I just get caught up in the performance and suddenly the sport goes from atheleticism to pure magic. And it seems there are several young teams going in the more dance direction and with Dubrueil and Lauzon combining true dance with their natural athleticism I have more teams to just love. A few years back there was only one team or two that I felt truly danced (Shae and Vic, for instance) so I didn't really like ice dance. But now I'm a fan!:clap:

I'm very happy with the podium. My three favourite teams!:biggrin:

La Rhumba

Supporting All British Skaters!
Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Nor do I, or most of the audiences. NavBom typically gets the audience vote every time. Let's see what this team brings next season-I think we'll see this is just a great building block for what is to come.:rock:

They are not on a par technically with either V&M or D&W, which is what Joe was comparing them too. You may like them, and think they're *entertaining*, but what they're doing is not full of technical difficulty. Yes, they get an opportunity to compete at GPs and 4CCs because they're American, but in the great scheme of things I don't see this couple as future World podium material as Joe predicted, not unless they improve out of sight.

kittycat26

Match Penalty
With the exception of the bizarre rise of Domnina/Shabalin dance has become the best judged of all the events. Who would have thought that day would ever be upon us. Belbin/Agosto should be encouraged to be as close to Dubreuil/Lauzon here as they were. They had seemed to be losing quite a bit of ground to the top teams earlier this year, and this event might put them back into more of a serious challenging stance for a world medal. With the French hungry to finaly break into a world medal spot after their breakthrough win at Europeans, the Bulgarians having an excellent season with the exception of a dissapointing Europeans, and the Russians the choice of extreme elevation in scores relative to standard of skating by the judges, Worlds will be quite a battle among the 5 teams.

npa

Match Penalty
Maybe Domnina-Shabalin can take gold at WCH. Its interesting to see what places will take D/S and D/L.
Congraeteulations to Tessa and Scott - they was really greate. And to Davise-Wihte too/
Guys, its inteersting, this too couples have the same hight?

Last edited:

gkelly2

Rinkside
Maybe Domnina-Shabalin can take gold at WCH. Its interesting to see what places will take D/S and D/L.
Congraeteulations to Tessa and Scott - they was really greate. And to Davise-Wihte too/
Gays, its inteersting, this too couples have the same hight?

Do you think they deserve to win World Gold this year??

npa

Match Penalty
Do you think they deserve to win World Gold this year??
I dont now. I dont like this tipe of the dances, wich they show to us and from russian team prefer Hohlova-Novitsky. But a lot off people like there FD, they have good marks. And, as for me, D/S and D/L didnt show "worldwinning" FD.
Denkova-Stavisky made classikal winnig-drama dance, but my favorites from therer FD was Hendel in 2004. I think, that jodges prefer Domnina-Shabalin

rain

Record Breaker
I dont now. I dont like this tipe of the dances, wich they show to us and from russian team prefer Hohlova-Novitsky. But a lot off people like there FD, they have good marks. And, as for me, D/S and D/L didnt show "worldwinning" FD.
Denkova-Stavisky made classikal winnig-drama dance, but my favorites from therer FD was Hendel in 2004. I think, that jodges prefer Domnina-Shabalin

For me, I'd prefer either Denk/ Stav or D/L to win worlds over Dom/Shab. Dom/Shab's programs are so entirely forgettable this season, and, I don't think up to World Champion status yet.

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
I dont know if Domnina/Shabalin will win gold at Worlds this year but I am now believing they are a virtual lock to be on the podium, in other words I cant imagine anyway the judges dont put them somewhere on the podium this year barring a major mistake(a fall in one of the dances). In my mind they could be anywhere from gold to bronze, I am not automaticaly handing them the gold in my mind yet, although they certainly could win gold and it wouldnt surprise me either, but I am giving them a medal of some color in my mind. So as far as I see that leaves 4 teams left-Denkova/Stavinski, Dubreuil/Lauzon, Delobel/Schoenfelder, and Belbin/Agosto fighting for 2 medals left. The results from Europeans certainly put a new spin on things but one thing that has been consistent is that the Russians have never seemed "out of favor" with the panel at any point this year. The Bulgarians seemed to be at Europeans, after being very much in good stead with them the rest of the year. The French seemed to be harshly marked until Europeans were they were looked upon well. Dubreuil
/Lauzon seem to be in pretty good favor with the panel all year, but they are also prone to mistakes in both the OD and FD at times. Belbin/Agosto seem to be making a push for Worlds, and by pushing Dubreuil/Lauzon at Four Continents, even with small mistakes in every single dance, they are right back in the thick of things.

SailorGalaxia518

Record Breaker
Domnina and Shabalin should not win the gold medal at worlds. Yet as what Susie Wynne said during the Europeans coverage on ESPN. She was saying something about how the "judges are pushing Domnina and Shabalin to the top to win the world title". She really wasn't happy when Denkova and Staviski finished 3rd with their clean skate and yet how fast Domnina and Shabalin are rising.

npa

Match Penalty
I must say, that i am more interesting what places at WCh will take Virtue-Moir and Davise-White

gkelly2

Rinkside
If the couples in Ice Dancing win medals only with their skating and their programs, we should have a long discussion to figure out wich one is the best, but i unfortunately believe that the scores are combined results from the perforamnces plus the backstage influence.I can give you a lot of examples, but there is no point in that...Somebody here wrote that we should look the competitions as exhibitions, so that we don't get angy with any unfair results.Great idea:agree:
As for the FD at 4CC i have to say i am not impressed at all from any of the top 2 couples.And if for B/A there is an excuse, i don't know what to think or say for D/L??I have the feeling that this is their first year they are trying to do twizzles?Yes finally the skated them clean,with full 4 rotations(probably, i am not sure about that) but it was like at slow motion:eek: , although they change the leg,which makes it easier??Even couples under 10th place are doing much better..If they really think they deserve the world tittle, they should work very hard to perform this essential element in a decent way
My overall impressions of the ice dance competition at 4CC is that the couples placed 3rd and fourth were indeed the shining stars

La Rhumba

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
BTW, watching the highlights on TV, V&M's FD was not as good as their OD. Scott had at least 2 dicey moments, clearly losing balance, but it's still a beautiful dance and a highlight this season.

Sadly I missed B&A....Grrrr Eurosport changing the TV schedule! :unsure:

D&L were better than in the OD, but this FD is not as seamless or beautiful as last year's SIT FD, which was a classic. However, it's competitive, and has a nice loose feel, relaxed and jazzy, I like it, and no-one looks as gorgeous in cream as MF.

They didn't show D&W...:frown:

But great to have 4CCs on TV. :clap:

npa

Match Penalty
BTW, watching the highlights on TV, V&M's FD was not as good as their OD. Scott had at least 2 dicey moments, clearly losing balance, but it's still a beautiful dance and a highlight this season.

Sadly I missed B&A....Grrrr Eurosport changing the TV schedule! :unsure:

D&L were better than in the OD, but this FD is not as seamless or beautiful as last year's SIT FD, which was a classic. However, it's competitive, and has a nice loose feel, relaxed and jazzy, I like it, and no-one looks as gorgeous in cream as MF.

They didn't show D&W...:frown:

But great to have 4CCs on TV. :clap:
I read, that D/W was very good.
as for V/M - for me, this FD is freshest FD from lust 4 years. OD was really good - as complaine wis Domnina-Shabalin choreo (i dont say, that this both couples are on one level) i prefer V/M more, because i fell tango from there emotions and steps, lifts, leges and in D/Sh- from some special dancing moves - i dont really like this kind of tango (its only IMHO)/
And especial thanks to Eurosport - thank you 1000 times for 4 cont

La Rhumba

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Let's all email ES and thank them, then hopefully we'll get it every year, and Junior Worlds aswell, like we used to. :clap:

Re V&M's Valtz Triste, comparing it to R&K's dance many years ago, it's a much lighter version, less deep and emotional and dark, which theirs was, but nonetheless still beautiful, and actually they're probably better skaters in terms of technique than R&K were.

npa

Match Penalty
Let's all email ES and thank them, then hopefully we'll get it every year, and Junior Worlds aswell, like we used to. :clap:

Re V&M's Valtz Triste, comparing it to R&K's dance many years ago, it's a much lighter version, less deep and emotional and dark, which theirs was, but nonetheless still beautiful, and actually they're probably better skaters in terms of technique than R&K were.

Yes, we must all email to ES to say "THANK YOU"
As for Valtz Triste - it was another dancing at R&K time. They had really memorable and gretae dance without all thiss levels, spins, twizles. But for new rools this dance of V/M is really graete. Maybe we remebered it and sad - oh, it was brilliant dance

Ravyn Rant

Totally 80s Dance Party!
Medalist

Let us also keep in mind that Navarro and Bommentre have only been competing together for two seasons. I'm glad to see them doing so well!
xoxo
Rave