Gailhaguet: Next Year, P/C will be OGM | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Gailhaguet: Next Year, P/C will be OGM

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Is Mr Cheater planning on cutting a deal with the Russians again to insure this?

Oy, just reading his comments makes me want to take a shower.

like we will put P/C first if you keep V/M second, but instead of the Shibs, we want Bobrova and Soloviev on the podium??? :roll5:

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
i don't think the Canadian federation does much ... were Salé and Pelletier, and Bourne and Kraatz favoured? Same with Sochi... ermm ermm...

When did a Canadian male win Olympic gold? yeah... there we are...

Well now a good many Canadian male favorites couldn't land on their feet, so let's keep it real.

On the other hand, if the Chicago Cubs could win the World Series, anything is possible.

Keep the faith!

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Well now a good many Canadian male favorites couldn't land on their feet, so let's keep it real.

On the other hand, if the Chicago Cubs could win the World Series, anything is possible.

Keep the faith!

that's exactly the point I am making ;) I don't think the Canadian federation has "saved" or "promoted" anyone at olympics... the skaters fell and didn't win... the ones who won skated better... ;)

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
Evgenia Medvedeva will win World Championships in Helsinki :devil: :laugh:
it doesnt work like that
you should create the thread with that topic in WC forum

ofc BS arent even considered legitimate contenders:rolleye::palmf:
Go them! screw the haterz!:dev2: I hope they medal!:love: like IK did.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
In case anyone cares, Didier "clarified" his comments:

https://twitter.com/DGailhaguet/status/834185722269728774

I think most people would get the benefit of doubt, but many of us fans are far too familiar with Didier's shenanigans that almost killed this sport and mind games that hurt the French skaters.

hehehe....NO

sounds even more 'fishy', 'icky' and lame than original tweet, no need to coat your arrogance in any more sugar, it has enough of bad taste itself...

And how fitting to refer to 'forbidden activities' Didier...:palmf:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
it doesnt work like that
you should create the thread with that topic in WC forum

ofc BS arent even considered legitimate contenders:rolleye::palmf:
Go them! screw the haterz!:dev2: I hope they medal!:love: like IK did.

sorrynotsorry for this year..... just dislike so much their FD... it doesn't work.. will have to wait for next year's programs. But i wouldn't call myself a hater ;)

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
sorrynotsorry for this year..... just dislike so much their FD... it doesn't work.. will have to wait for next year's programs. But i wouldn't call myself a hater ;)

Not a BS fan. I don't think they are ever in the conversation, except when it comes to the Cup of Russia. That's when I see bs in action. ;)

Last edited:

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Only in figure skating can you have someone that tried to fix a competition be allowed to come back and not be banned permanently. That would be like the NBA allowing Tim Donaghy who fixed games as a referee to come back and get his old job back and referee again. Little wonder why so many people don't consider figure skating a real sport with bullsh!t like this but it's just par for the course in this sport that the ISU doesn't see anything wrong with bringing back corrupt judges. :palmf:

Last edited:

Barb

Record Breaker
Only in figure skating can you have someone that tried to fix a competition be allowed to come back and not be banned permanently. That would be like the NBA allowing Tim Donaghy who fixed games as a referee to come back and get his old job back and referee again. Little wonder why so many people don't consider figure skating a real sport with bullsh!t like this but it's just par for the course in this sport that the ISU doesn't see anything wrong with bringing back corrupt judges. :palmf:

I did not follow that story. so It was Didier who fixed that results or how was him involved?

Eta. Ok, apparently he was given money from a russian criminal to make Russia win.

Now, to pay his sins he made sure than C/L lost their points, he only wants justice in the world :yes:.

Last edited:

alain06fr

On the Ice
When I read this tweet, I was just smiling and I thought "Wow, for once, he's optimistic!"
Didier Gailhaguet is known for being pessimistic in general hence I will certainly not blame him at all for telling what he's dreaming about.
All federation Presidents have the same wishes and dreams...
https://twitter.com/DGailhaguet/status/834185722269728774

He can be blamed for other things but not this one!

As for Gabriella and Guillaume, they have for sure nothing to do at all with this tweet...

lappo

Final Flight
He can be blamed for other things but not this one!

Fact is, his reputation far preceeds him...and not in a good way! He better shut up or every skating fans will be willing to question an eventual P/C gold if this comes with a non stellar performance...Sochi docet. And be it clear, I will be equally pleased with a P/C or a V/M or even a S/S gold for the matter, I like the current three top team a lot, what I'm worried about its the sport integrity and its reputation, especially in the only time every four year when it has a chance to gain more fans...a scandal certainly wouldn't help!

alain06fr

On the Ice
He better shut up
What about freedom of speech?
His dream is to see P/C winning the OG gold medal! Where's the scandal? Is that breaking news?

or every skating fans will be willing to question an eventual P/C gold if this comes with a non stellar performance...
Honestly, don't tell me you believe one word of this sentence! I hope not!

Sochi docet. And be it clear, I will be equally pleased with a P/C or a V/M or even a S/S gold for the matter, I like the current three top team a lot, what I'm worried about its the sport integrity and its reputation, especially in the only time every four year when it has a chance to gain more fans...a scandal certainly wouldn't help!
Well, be sure of one thing... People playing bad games don't waste their time posting tweets to support their teams!
You will never hear about them...
They know how to pull the strings behind the scenes!

lappo

Final Flight
What about freedom of speech?
His dream is to see P/C winning the OG gold medal! Where's the scandal? Is that breaking news?

Honestly, don't tell me you believe one word of this sentence! I hope not!

Well, be sure of one thing... People playing bad games don't waste their time posting tweets to support their teams!
You will never hear about them...
They know how to pull the strings behind the scenes!

Like talking of how you are arranging the Olympic outcome in front of your driver??? Because the driver was one of those who testified against him at SLC! I don't know what your job is but I do work in academics which is even worse than FS for the kind of arrangements that there are to give place to friend & family...and I can tell you, because I witnessed it so many times, that people who have that power do not even care to do it behind the scenes, they believe themselves to be so much removed from us plebs and untouchable. Gailhaguet's story is a proof of this: arrange an Olympic, a couple of years out and then back on your chair as if nothing happened!

alain06fr

On the Ice
Like talking of how you are arranging the Olympic outcome in front of your driver??? Because the driver was one of those who testified against him at SLC! I don't know what your job is but I do work in academics which is even worse than FS for the kind of arrangements that there are to give place to friend & family...and I can tell you, because I witnessed it so many times, that people who have that power do not even care to do it behind the scenes, they believe themselves to be so much removed from us plebs and untouchable. Gailhaguet's story is a proof of this: arrange an Olympic, a couple of years out and then back on your chair as if nothing happened!

The 2002 OG are over. Didier Gailhaguet was sentenced to be banned for two years and he deserved to be banned. Afterwards, he was free to do whatever he wanted. I wish Gailhaguet would be the only bad guy in Figure Skating but I am not that naïve. I understand he was re-elected President of the French fed simply because most of the people thought he was the "tree that hides the forest". It's so convenient to keep on pointing the finger at him... while other people played terrible games before and after 2002 and none of them were even questioned by the sport authorities.

As of his tweet, sorry but this is a lot of fuss about nothing.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
The 2002 OG are over. Didier Gailhaguet was sentenced to be banned for two years and he deserved to be banned. Afterwards, he was free to do whatever he wanted. I wish Gailhaguet would be the only bad guy in Figure Skating but I am not that naïve. I understand he was re-elected President of the French fed simply because most of the people thought he was the "tree that hides the forest". It's so convenient to keep on pointing the finger at him... while other people played terrible games before and after 2002 and none of them were even questioned by the sport authorities.

As of his tweet, sorry but this is a lot of fuss about nothing.

so are you saying that he is there to hide other crooks from the French fed??? hiding the forest? So perhaps he knows who has done what deal already... and just gloating..
I am not sure we can easily let a tweet like that go...

I have dreams too.... but if i were president of Skate Canada, I would keep them private or would at least express them differently.... He made a prediction... "in one year from now.. P/C will win PC" that's bold... it is not like... Oh... i wish for Patrick Chan to be the champion in PC... wow countdown to the games 1 year.... or

even just a "PC is one year away : Go PC (or P/C) "

very different

alain06fr

On the Ice
so are you saying that he is there to hide other crooks from the French fed??? hiding the forest? So perhaps he knows who has done what deal already... and just gloating..
I think you are a smart guy and you perfectly understand what I mean by "a tree hiding the forest" thinking of the figure skating universe (and not the french fed!)

I am not sure we can easily let a tweet like that go...(...)
As you wish... If you have plenty of time to waste...

He made a prediction... (...)
A prediction???? LOL :laugh:

On my side, I said what I had to say... and I won't waste one more second in this thread trying to create a lot of fake fuss about nothing.

Last edited:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I think you are a smart guy and you perfectly understand what I mean by "a tree hiding the forest" thinking of the figure skating universe (and not the french fed!)

As you wish... If you have plenty of time to waste...

A prediction???? LOL :laugh:

On my side, I said what I had to say... and I won't waste one more second in this thread trying to create a lot of fake fuss about nothing.

thank you for the compliment ;) do not try to buy me LOL.. that's too much in line with DG :)

the choice of words is French says it all

A cette heure ci dans un an jour pour jour Gabriella Papadakis et Guillaume Cizeron seront champions olympiques de danse sur glace#ffsg

so yeah... i call that a prediction... not a wish.... the comments on that tweet are gold...

sallycinnamon

Medalist
I am not sure we can easily let a tweet like that go...

I have dreams too.... but if i were president of Skate Canada, I would keep them private or would at least express them differently.... He made a prediction... "in one year from now.. P/C will win PC" that's bold... it is not like... Oh... i wish for Patrick Chan to be the champion in PC... wow countdown to the games 1 year.... or

even just a "PC is one year away : Go PC (or P/C) "

very different

It was not a wish or a prediction, but a statement.
His second tweet was even worse because he tried to explain the opposite (that it wasn't a statement).

If it's a joke then it wasn't funny. At all.
If it wasn't a joke then I go back to my previous statement: he should have been banned from this sport forever. :disapp:

If anyone else had posted a tweet like this, no one would have thought anything about it. Since it was Gailhaguet -- well, a lot of figure skating fans, maybe the majority, think that he is a crook anyway, whatever he does.

The ISU officially agreed in 2002. He was suspended temporarily and banned from all ISU events (although he didn't completely abide by the ban). He was banned for conspiring with ... well, no one else was charged, so I guess the official ISU version is that he conspired with himself to have Berezhnaya and Sikharudlizde placed ahead of Sale and Pelletier.