Hungary withdraws from hosting 2024 European Championships | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Hungary withdraws from hosting 2024 European Championships

JimR

On the Ice

Ziotic

Medalist
If she can use that it's good. I thought there was a blanket ban on Russian citizens.
Skaters are required to travel on the visa for the country they are representing when competing . No matter what other passports they may hold.

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
How about deadlines? Many feds have nationals just before christmas. I think it should be something like last Thuesday before christmas, so they have time to make the desicions.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Skaters are required to travel on the visa for the country they are representing when competing . No matter what other passports they may hold.

Nastya has a Georgian passport, so what I am about to say doesn't apply to her. But what if the skater doesn't actually have a passport for the country they are representing? There are plenty of skaters in that boat, because for most events you don't need to have a passport for the country you are representing. It is only the Olympics that you need a passport for.

I would have thought that the countries on the visa and the passport had to match. Is this not the case?

Note: I have never travelled to a country that requires a visa, so I haven't a clue how they work. Please forgive my ignorance.

CaroLiza_fan

Ivana

On the Ice
There are many skaters that do not hold passport of the country they are representing. When entering a country you have to get the VISA based on the passport you intend to enter the country with, in case you hold two or more passports of course you use the one that is less problematic, nothing to do with country you are representing. I'd use as example Slovak ice dance couple Simova/Aksenov at last JWC in Canada, she is Slovak, representing Slovakia with Slovak passport -> no VISA, just fill ETA; he is Russian, representing Slovakia, travelling on Russian passport -> needs VISA (which he did not get...).

While Gubanova will have no issue to attend the EC in Lithuania, I can foresee many others will have issues to enter the country, as they do not own the right passport...

Ziotic

Medalist
There are many skaters that do not hold passport of the country they are representing. When entering a country you have to get the VISA based on the passport you intend to enter the country with, in case you hold two or more passports of course you use the one that is less problematic, nothing to do with country you are representing. I'd use as example Slovak ice dance couple Simova/Aksenov at last JWC in Canada, she is Slovak, representing Slovakia with Slovak passport -> no VISA, just fill ETA; he is Russian, representing Slovakia, travelling on Russian passport -> needs VISA (which he did not get...).

While Gubanova will have no issue to attend the EC in Lithuania, I can foresee many others will have issues to enter the country, as they do not own the right passport...
My apologies, it’s for the Olympics that the rule applies.