Idea: Probability poll? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Idea: Probability poll?

tulosai

Record Breaker
So saying that she'd only be willing to play if I wasn't in charge isn't a personal attack?

I know this was settled but I really want to defend myself anyway since this whole thing left a bad taste in my mouth. Thanks to the others who defended me.

I was actually saying I didn't want to take charge if you want to organize it again, since I know it was your idea. As others said, i was actually trying to defer to you and not step on your toes. I did help score last year (which you evidently don't remember, which is okay) so I do know what was involved. It was time consuming for me, and that was all I was saying, especially because I was asked more than once (by you) to score more than one category because other people couldn't at the last minute or didn't have time due to travels (including you).

At this point, I am just going to step away from this entirely. You clearly do want to organize it again in the same way it was last year and that is okay. I will surely participate, but I probably will decline to help score in the unlikely event I'd again be asked (that is not an insult either but just a reflection of how much time I realistically have nowadays).

Anyway, I apologize if this was defensive. Best to you.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I wonder if there is anyone here who is good with computer science who might know how to make a code to calculate everything.
I think there could be a way of doing it in excel but I'm not completely sure how it would work. Maybe if the point values for each competitor had their own cells and the points for each participant in the game were sums of those cells multiplied by the appropriate fraction so that the computer would do the rest of the work?

Example: you put Yuna's score in box A1, Caro's score in A2 and then my points would be 1*A1+.5*A2 or something like that.

Yep, with formulas that is possible. I actually developed a formula that worked pretty well when I helped score last season. I'd be glad to share it...

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Yep, with formulas that is possible. I actually developed a formula that worked pretty well when I helped score last season. I'd be glad to share it...
I'd be glad to help calculating the points if you need! :yes: And, I think that if we all have the way to do it with our computer, the whole process can be a lot easier!

clairecloutier

Final Flight
I'd also be glad to help with calculating points. I wonder if there are any free tools/software available that could help. If I have some time, I will try to look into this a little, although in general, working with software etc. is not a strength of mine. (I've only just started watching skating videos on YouTube this spring--shows how far behind I am :)).

Macassar88

Medalist
I know this was settled but I really want to defend myself anyway since this whole thing left a bad taste in my mouth. Thanks to the others who defended me.

I was actually saying I didn't want to take charge if you want to organize it again, since I know it was your idea. As others said, i was actually trying to defer to you and not step on your toes. I did help score last year (which you evidently don't remember, which is okay) so I do know what was involved. It was time consuming for me, and that was all I was saying, especially because I was asked more than once (by you) to score more than one category because other people couldn't at the last minute or didn't have time due to travels (including you).

At this point, I am just going to step away from this entirely. You clearly do want to organize it again in the same way it was last year and that is okay. I will surely participate, but I probably will decline to help score in the unlikely event I'd again be asked (that is not an insult either but just a reflection of how much time I realistically have nowadays).

Anyway, I apologize if this was defensive. Best to you.

Yeah sorry for the confusion. When I read your post, it seemed like you were saying that, since it didn't work out perfectly last year, you didn't want to be involved unless someone else took charge.

In terms of me being in charge, I'd prefer to just help out a bit with ideas, but I don't have the time either to commit to doing all the scoring.