If you were an Olympic figure skater... what would your music be | Page 2 | Golden Skate

If you were an Olympic figure skater... what would your music be

sidwich

Rinkside
SP: Roger Miller's "King of the Road" or Stephen Foster medley ("Camptown Races," "My Old Kentucky Home," and "O, Susanna")

LP: "Sunday in the Park with George" by Stephen Sondheim

Ren

On the Ice
Oh, Buttercup, I can't believe I forgot Hisaishi! Princess Mononoke is indeed beautiful, but then again Studio Ghibli music is exceptional. I like the opening music for Castle in the Sky, and the track playing as Sen rides the train in Spirited Away always gives me goosebumps. Chen Lu's long had the jump on us, though, with Nausicaa. :)

Cadiva

On the Ice
SP: The March of the Montagues and Capulets from Prokofiev's Romeo and Juliet, my absolute favourite piece of music of all time.
LP: Anything from John Williams' soundtrack from Memoirs of a Geisha, specially the bits with Yo-Yo Ma or Itzhak Perlman. I think Sayuri's Theme is one of the most beautiful pieces of music I've ever heard.

Ex: Probably a Runrig/Capercaillie medley or possibly some Elvis like A Little Less Conversation.

S

sleepyjl

SP: Bjork's Hunter

LP: Bjork's Bachelorette (I know Daisuke used it for his gala program).

I have to say "To Dream the Impossible Dream" is looking good after Pang & Tong. If Del-Schoe had been in shape, they could have medaled with it too.

Justafan

On the Ice
I would have to figure out a way to use "Hallelujah"...I really liked k.d.lang's version but also loved Jeff Buckley's. Maybe just an instrumental version. And possibly Pink Floyd's "Shine on You Crazy Diamond".

SerpentineSteps

On the Ice
OMG, that would be awesome....but they may get a time deduction for going over, haha!!!...you couldnt use it for ice dance, though, unless someone in the audience was tapping their foot!!!!

Nope, it's 4:30 plus or minus 10 seconds for men, so it's perfect. No editing, nothing. 4'33" of absolute synchrony of music and skating/costume!

Moxie

On the Ice
I probably wouldn't be able to pull it off, but Chopin's Nocturne in E Flat Major. :)

Olderbear

Rinkside
SP: selections from "Billy the Kid" or "Rodeo" (Are they butch enough?, LOL)

LP: selections from Beethoven's "Pastoral" (why does nobody ever skate to this beautiful music?), or Dvorak's New World Symphony

TCAngel18

Medalist
another choice: i would have to be a reallllyyyyy fast and bravura skater for this SP, but hey, why not?http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9CYBdltAJk...btw this is Beethoven's Sonata in F minor, opus 57, also known as the Appassionata Sonata, mvt. 3.

and perhaps maybe the year right in between the two olympics, to skate both SP and FS to Rimsky-Korsakov's Capriccio Espagnole, cuts from the whole piece http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0jovaxJ4is, and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STAJb5FoVBc&feature=related, and start the FS right where the SP ended, almost like Chen Lu did with Butterfly Lovers

Last edited:

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Based on crowd-pleasing potential:

SP: Saint-Saens' Swan

LP: Vanessa Mae's Turandot

SerpentineSteps

On the Ice
thats right....now what will the costume be??

Obvieeeee. John Cage's 4'33" is characterized by the lack of notes. Ergo, my costume will be characterized by the lack of fabric. 4 minutes 33 seconds of pure skating; no costume, no nothing. It'll be amazing :p