Italian music in Russia | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Italian music in Russia

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
I understand that he's been through a breakup for a long time. I mean, his health now, he's not young anymore :ROFLMAO:
definitely! anyway i'm going to post some of my favourite retro songs tonight (i'm watching Finlandia Trophy now and kind of babysitting my nephew)

Mariott

Now the flower is making its way through concrete
Record Breaker
Country
Russia
definitely! anyway i'm going to post some of my favourite retro songs tonight (i'm watching Finlandia Trophy now and kind of babysitting my nephew)

My research is over, I feel my debt is done and I invite all Russians and Italians and everyone who cheers for both sides to party here as they wish and publish their musical findings :rock:

:hb::party2:

Last edited:

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
My research is over, I feel my debt is done and I invite all Russians and Italians to party here as they wish and publish their musical findings :rock::hb:
oh it's a party! so i'll share some retro party music :dance3:Anna and Patty can wait

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Before the party starts, I'll post another video here. The Russians are trying to sing Italian songs (singing as best they can), and the Italians are guessing what the hit song is it :biggrin:

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
Before the party starts, I'll post another video here. The Russians are trying to sing Italian songs (singing as best they can), and the Italians are guessing what the hit song is it :biggrin:

:LOL: i wanted to play too but there's the solution in the video. we should try a similar game ourselves :LOL:

but now it's time to get this party stared!

kevin-bacon-dance.gif

don't get fooled by the language, although his father was a famouss toreador, Miguel is as italian as the pizza margherita, his mother is Lucia Bosè, a famous diva of the 50s (just like Sophia Loren or Gina Lollobrigida). also singing in english was kind of a trend in the 80s more than often the language was also made up to sound like italian words (not in Miguel case)

P. S.: the sound out of sinc is kind of the cherry on top :LOL:

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
are you warming up? because it isn't an itaian 80s party without Heather!

Heather Parisi was an american dancer that rose to fame in Italy in the early 80s singing and dancing the opening of a popular tv show. when i was little in the early 90s her songs were still popular among children, i can still sing them all :LOL:

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Did someone say "party"? 😏

I have an answer for that! 🍸
For Russians, Italian songs are first of all New Year's Eve, the period of New Year's holidays, when the television airwaves are packed with good old Italian music.

And so, to finally link Italian songs and New Year's Eve, the Russians several times held a project "Ciao, 2020 (2021, ets) ". This is a theatrical show with hyperbolized disco-style costumes and characters taken from favorite Italian movies. The specialty of the show is that it features young Russian singers, who became popular this year, performing their hits in Italian.

Let me repeat for your understanding: Russian pop singers translate the lyrics of their songs into Italian especially for this show. And they sing in Italian.
They do a pretty good job, but I've already said that anyone who has an ear can sing well in any language.

Most of the time it's very funny, but sometimes they have pretty good songs (damn, everything sounds better in Italian!).

Last edited:

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
We got a little sad and slow disco with slow dancing, but that's the way music is in trends now - sad and bawdy.
Again, these are real hits translated into Italian.

Last edited:

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
And so, to finally link Italian songs and New Year's Eve, the Russians several times held a project "Ciao, 2020 (2021, ets) ". This is a theatrical show with hyperbolized disco-style costumes and characters taken from favorite Italian movies. The specialty of the show is that it features young Russian singers, who became popular this year, performing their hits in Italian.
i'm very familiar with it :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: they also speak in italian, i thought it was a parody though. anyways it's super funny
We got a little sad and slow disco with slow dancing, but that's the way music is in trends now - sad and bawdy.
Again, these are real hits translated into Italian.

the 90s caught up with them... :LOL:

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Some more of the incomparable Rafaella in Moscow (this was partly in the videos I posted before, but here is the full end of the TV program).

Rafaella came to us in 1980 to draw attention to the 1980 Olympics in Moscow and to attract spectators from abroad to the stadiums. It looks like she succeeded. A charming woman, it's a pity I don't have many childhood memories of her.

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
On this YouTube channel, an enthusiast plays a vinyl record of Rafaella released in the USSR by Melodia. To buy it, our parents stood in lines for hours.

And you can still see Rafaella's songs on Russian TV today

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Some interesting new observations about the musical ties between Italy and Russia. Indie musician Petr Nalich recorded the album "VIVAMUS" where there were songs in Italian.
You may know Peter from Eurovision 2010, where he represented Russia with the song "Lost and Forgotten".

Ilya Averbukh really liked the song L`Istante in Italian and he put two gala numbers on it. First, Dmitry Aliev to the live singing of Peter:

The next gala program to this song, quite different in mood, Ilya Averbukh staged for Andrei Mozalev.​