Kristi Yamaguchi Friends & Family | Golden Skate

Kristi Yamaguchi Friends & Family

mzheng

Record Breaker
Any one watching on NBC now?
Wow, Kristi is one of those women who gets more beautyful after delivery each child.

I'm looking at it right now (going back and forth between Kristi and the GP Finals on Canadian TV, LOL). :agree:

mzheng

Record Breaker
Mathman said:
:love: And Katerina Gordeeva is the other! :love:
Yeah. :love:

Now after watched both Ilia and Katy's skating. Wow, that's called the INTERPRETE musics. Did you notice the mode change midway in Katy's program? Sheer joy when the music cahnges to somekind of 'spring'.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Mathman said:
:love: And Katerina Gordeeva is the other! :love:
and Ilia looks younger than when he won the gold in '98. :love: :biggrin: I love their little girl. I think she made Ilia look at the camera. She looks just like him.

Dee

mzheng

Record Breaker
Mathman said:
I just sent an email to McCormick Spices

http://www.mccormick.com/

thanking them for sponsoring this. :)
Well, I just bought a bunch of their products.

So skaters unmarried are not eligible for skating in this show?

Running away to cook dinner using a lot of mccormick spicy!!! lol

baseballnut said:
those kids were so cute. Kurts kid is adorable.
:rock: :love: Now THAT'S what I'm talking about.

So, which kids looked the most like their parents? Do you think you could match up the children with their parents, just by looks?

Welcome to Golden Skate, Baseballnut!

MM :)

The everlovely Kristi has put on a wonderful family show. All the kids looked great and so well behaved. I have nothing but praise for all the cast but I would like to point out Punsulan and Swallow who continue to Dance better than all the sturm and drang in current competitive dance skating.

Joe

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Mathman said:
:rock: :love: Now THAT'S what I'm talking about.

So, which kids looked the most like their parents? Do you think you could match up the children with their parents, just by looks?

Welcome to Golden Skate, Baseballnut!

MM :)

Aidan is the spitting image of his father (Scott).... so cute... I loved the whole "Do you want to tell them your favorite horse?" "No." "Do you want to tell them about different kinds of horses?" "No." "Do you want to say the word 'no'?" "Yes." :laugh:

I love that all the other kids are all sweet and smiley and Kurt and Scott and Kristi's kids were the ornery ones (then again Tonia's was getting fussy, and Liza was super hyper lol)

76olympics

On the Ice
This show was so much fun! I believe Scott's son is his image. Todd and Jenni's child looks just like them as well. Katia and Ilia's daughter looks like Ilia and Daria -as always-looks like Sergei to me. I loved it when Katia and Daria skated together. Synchronizing those spins is tough! Daria would always finish before Katia!

I liked seeing Tonia Kwiatkowski and Punsalen and Swallow once more. You're right, Joe. They are so smooth and polished--both their routines were as good as what we are seeing now.

Jozef Sabovcik's older son is such a fan of his dad. He was practically clapping the whole time Dad was skating! You can tell he is a great father; ever since I read his autobiography, I have liked seeing him more than before.

I will have to write McCormick too as I loved this show...

purplecat

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Aw, I LOVED the show! I got to get my Kristi fix! And it had so many of my faves. I especially loved seeing Punsalan and Swallow back on the ice! And Jenni and Todd's number to their son was so cute. Kurt's second number was interesting and creative. Ilia's Lady was lovely...too bad his pants got SO wet! :laugh: Katia and Daria are precious. Josef was rockin' today. Nancy looks so happy. And it was refreshing to see Tonia again too. Scott's son looks like a carbon copy of Scott!

Kristi :love: and Keara :love: I hope Kristi returns to skating next year!

But what was up with Kenny Rogers...he looked terrible...did he have Botox or have some kind of eye surgery? He did not look great.

76olympics

On the Ice
Purplecat, I thought the same thing in regard to Kenny Rogers. It looks like he has had some sort of eyelid lift; I don't know why people do this! It never makes them look younger-just odder and not themselves. My husband did a double take when he walked through the room.

BTW-Kristi did look great! In fact, I would classify this as a generally happy show all around. Everyone looked like they were having a really good time; Nancy looked more comfortable than I remember seeing her.

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Daria and Katia skating together brought tears to my eyes....so lovely. I soooo miss Ilia Kulik in competetive skating...Kurt too!. Kristi's daughter as well as the other children were adorable.

Purplecat ITA Kenny looked BAD...voice was great though.

mememe

On the Ice
Kristi is always a class act, and she continued that with this show even when she couldn't skate in it. She is unique!

purplecat

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Just found this article about Kristi and the show and thought I'd share it here:

Baltimore Sun article

ETA, the site requires registration (funny, I was able to view it without registering at first, but now I get the register page). Anyway, you can try bugmenot.com if you don't want to register.

Last edited:

CzarinaAnya

Medalist
I don't know if it was the show or the emotional state I'm in at the moment(LOL), but I was holding back tears during Katia and Daria's program. and then at the end where everyone was showing off their babies. Cutest baby awards go to Jenni & Todd's little red head, Elizaveta kulik, Scott's little boy(SOO cute, and spitting image of scott), Tonia Kwiatkowski's little doll, and Kristi's little girl. And Bravo to Josef Sabo, for being in great shape. :clap:

mzheng

Record Breaker
CzarinaAnya said:
I don't know if it was the show or the emotional state I'm in at the moment(LOL), but I was holding back tears during Katia and Daria's program. and then at the end where everyone was showing off their babies. Cutest baby awards go to Jenni & Todd's little red head, Elizaveta kulik, Scott's little boy(SOO cute, and spitting image of scott), Tonia Kwiatkowski's little doll, and Kristi's little girl. And Bravo to Josef Sabo, for being in great shape. :clap:
I missed Katia and Daria's program. Hopefully will catch it up at Jan. 5th on Bravo. Daria is all growup. The time is just flying, I still remember the show Scott and others put together to raise fund for Katia for her late husband, when Daria was just a baby. And now watching her taking care of her little sister it really was moving.