Kristi Yamaguchi Friends & Family | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Kristi Yamaguchi Friends & Family

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Did anyone else feel nervous when they took the babies on the ice?? I sure did.

I thought Kenny looked very old. I think I was used to seeing him with more of a full beard.

I especially enjoyed Ilia & Katia's daughter. She stole the show. :clap: :clap:

Dee

KBell

Rinkside
Missed this due to work...glad to hear it's repeaiting on 1/5 - anyone know the time?

S

SkateFan4Life

Wonderful show!! It was so nice to see the skaters as "families", with their kids.
All of the kids were adorable, too.

With all the garbage that is on television these days, how refreshing it is to see some truly wholesome, family-oriented programming!! :clap: :clap:

KwanFan1212

Joey Votto Fangirl
Final Flight
This was a great show today and I'm SO glad that others enjoyed it as much as I did! Kristi looked beautiful and there wasn't a weak number in this entire show. I even liked Jumpin Joe and he's not one of my fave skaters at all! Jenni & Todd looked wonderful, I really enjoyed seeing Tonia and Liz & Jerrod again, and the rest of the cast was just awesome. The kids were SOOOOO adorable too! Jack looks just like Jenni & Todd, Aiden....man, talk about a Scott clone! What a cutie. This was just enjoyable all the way around and I'm glad I taped this so I could watch it again when I'm not doing stuff around my room. And I also found myself tearing up in quite a few moments during the show which tells me that I'm either one, just a big old sap, or two, I've had too much great skating news this week and can't control my emotions anymore, LOL ;)

First, thank you so much for bringing it to my attention that Kristi's show is repeating on Bravo!!! I was kicking myself for not taping it.

I absolutely LOVED this show!!! It was well done in all ways. It was so special seeing all the kids!

I was also in tears, thinking of Sergei, while Katia & Daria skated. And I was also playing the "that baby looks like that parent" game! Jack looks a lot like Todd but with Jenni's red hair; Aidan is the spit'n image of Scott; Daria looks just like Sergei and Elizaveta looks just like Ilia. Nancy's second baby is super cute. Keara is gorgeous! They are all adorable in their own right. And Jumpin' Joe's older son, I think his name is Blade, seems to have a personality just like his Dad.

Excellent, excellent show!!!!

mzheng

Record Breaker
KBell said:
Thanks and DUH on my part - why I didn't think to check Heather's site!
LOL, I got it print out at the beginning of every season since 2003 (multiple copies). Put them near TV, very convienent.

Too bad that I have to running around house doing chaos, diddn't got half of it. But I'm glad I caught Katia and Ilias skating. Had not seen them for a long time. And heard so much talking about Katia's edge qualities, yeah truely enjoyable.

There was also Brian Biotonan show, which only repeat on Oxygen chanel, too bad, that I don't have.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Dee4707 said:
Did anyone else feel nervous when they took the babies on the ice?? I sure did.

dad and I were chatting online about it... the mom's hold on much tighter and skate more carefully with the babies than the dad's... Kurt threw Gabriel in the air... I was freaking out and I wasn't even in the audience! :laugh:

mzheng

Record Breaker
Tonichelle said:
... Kurt threw Gabriel in the air... I was freaking out and I wasn't even in the audience! :laugh:
May be he is the only one dare to. Watching his skating, I always got the feeling that Ice is his natural, like he was born with blades, he felt safe on ice than walk on floor. Just love this guy's skating. :love:

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Tonichelle said:
the mom's hold on much tighter and skate more carefully with the babies than the dad's... Kurt threw Gabriel in the air... I was freaking out and I wasn't even in the audience! :laugh:
Toni, I know that they were being careful but it still made me nervous. When Kurt threw Gabriel in the air, I said........well, I can't say what I said. :laugh: :laugh:

I really did like the family perspective on the show. I just loved Ilia's daughter, what a cutie and what a personality. Daria is growing into quite a young lady. When she and Katia were skating, I had to watch close, they look so much alike in build.

Dee

IDLERACER

Medalist
I'm just now finally getting around to watching this (I taped it). I'm a guy. To me, kids are kids. They're cute and all, but you've seen one you've seen 'em all.:rolleye:

But I've got to admit, I sure like the immediate effect they have on the bodies of the mothers. :love: It's a treat seeing all my favorite skaters with bigger breasts.:biggrin:

Tenorguy

On the Ice
IDLERACER said:
I'm just now finally getting around to watching this (I taped it). I'm a guy. To me, kids are kids. They're cute and all, but you've seen one you've seen 'em all.:rolleye:

But I've got to admit, I sure like the immediate effect they have on the bodies of the mothers. :love: It's a treat seeing all my favorite skaters with bigger breasts.:biggrin:

Uh... excuse me? Do you honestly believe that last line is an appropriate comment? Truly?

:disagree:

Tenorguy

Tenorguy

On the Ice
Idleracer -

So you yell down someone who disagrees with your tacky thinking....... free country dude.

Peace Out

KwanFan1212

Joey Votto Fangirl
Final Flight
Take it to PM guys if you have issues with each other. This thread is not the place for it. :unsure:

Back to your regularly scheduled discussion of this skating show....

IDLERACER

Medalist
I have no problems with Tenorguy's posts. It's nothing but a minor difference of opinion here, that I forgot about completely, as soon as they were posted. Darn, I wish these forums had a "yawning" emoticon.​

Tenorguy

On the Ice
Kwanfan1212 and Idleracer

It's done, over, off my chest!!

It was a good show - Kulik is great; I love that move he does - I think its called an Arabian: he does an axel entrance and opens up before the 1st revolution completes, at least that what it looks like.

:biggrin:

Tenorguy