Ladies Free Skate

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
... is underway. :clap:

Poor Julia S. She seems to be having a very rough time of it. :scratch:

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
SPOILER...

Alyssa will medal and with 1 skater to go, it looks like she even won the Free Skate! :clap:

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
In my eyes, I think Alissa had the skate of the night despite the fall. I just love her spins especially, and just her prestentation overall. I hope she can continue to improve in the jump department to get them more secure and consistent. She just WOWs me.

Onda? IMO wrong music for her. Something lighter and more energetic would work better with her style.

Sokolova? She looks good in pants!! Great solid jumps but her spins and spirals are painful to watch among the top ladies.

More later..

DG

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
Wow! What a nice finish for Alyssa! 2nd overall and she did win the Free Skate. :clap:

FPl. Name Nat. Points SP FS
1 Elena SOKOLOVA RUS 163.02 1 2
2 Alissa CZISNY USA 159.30 3 1
3 Yoshie ONDA JPN 150.98 2 3
4 Beatrisa LIANG USA 133.00 4 5
5 Emily HUGHES USA 126.78 8 4
6 Mira LEUNG CAN 125.82 5 8
7 Constanze PAULINUS GER 122.06 7 6
8 Julia SEBESTYEN HUN 121.78 6 7
9 Dan FANG CHN 112.26 10 9
10 Idora HEGEL CRO 106.42 9 10

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Big congrats to Alissa on a lovely free skate (in spite of the fall) and a first place finish in the free skate over Sokolova. :)

emma

Record Breaker
And didn't Alissa fill in for Sasha...congratulations for a great finish in an unexpected event!!!! I'm impressed.

I just wish Liang could/would skate clean...but decent job overall.

CDMM1991

Medalist
Yayyy! I'm so glad we finally got to see a solid long program from Alissa. Mind you I haven't 'seen' it yet, but from the sounds of it, Alissa's looking great!

R.D.

Record Breaker
Man, if people are saying that WITH A FALL Alissa's program was the "skate of the night"- must've been pretty good. :eek:

Good for her, though. :love:

Plus less than a 4-point difference between Czisny and Sokolova, and about a 9-point difference between Alissa and Onda. I love it!

Just when you think the season is going to be dull... Although perhaps I shouldn't speak about that until I've seen it. ;)

Rgirl

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Rgirl said:
Plus less than a 4-point difference between Czisny and Sokolova, and about a 9-point difference between Alissa and Onda. I love it!

Just when you think the season is going to be dull... Although perhaps I shouldn't speak about that until I've seen it. ;)

Rgirl

I suspect you will be even more impressed when you see it. ;) Have you tried plugging into CCTV5 from China? Pairs live is on now. All skaters, no blather to listen to during the performances - not even in a different language. I'll take the live coverage + lesser quality video than on TV + seeing WAY more skaters + no blather.

DG

swannanoa54

On the Ice
WTG Alissa!!!! Yeah!!!!:rock: Can't wait to see her LP.

Won't we be able to see the SPs as well tomorrow? How cool. Good for Elena even though her unfinished spirals make me cringe. She does look pretty good in pants.

jessyxyz

Rinkside
Alissa's skate

It was absolutely wonderful!!! The little girl behind me went "whoo" right before Alissa's take-off on the jump she missed, which really peeved me since everything else had gone so well. :eek:hwell: But it was my favorite performance of the night.

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
jessyxyz said:
It was absolutely wonderful!!! The little girl behind me went "whoo" right before Alissa's take-off on the jump she missed, which really peeved me since everything else had gone so well. :eek:hwell: But it was my favorite performance of the night.

Great to hear this since you saw it live!!! When she fell, I found myself doing a big old verbal Awwww! in front of my computer screen. I have to really be into a performance to make noise when I'm here in my office all by myself! Hope you had a great time at SA - wish I could have been there too. And thanks for the "live" feedback!

DG

Bijoux

Match Penalty
bebe's sp was good

so tired of seeing this girl undermarked. is it because she does not look like an ice princess. very good and tough choreography.:clap:

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
On TV

I'm watching the free skate right now and cannot get over Alyssa's skate! She just doesn't look like the same skater from Marshall's. She is really the total package. I was very moved by that skate.

Maybe she will gain some confidence from this wonderful performance. I think there is something to be said about not having to skate in the shadow of the stars and what that can do for a skater and how it can help them grow.

Bijoux

Match Penalty
Alissa pretty but gangly

This season is hopefully to be saved by the men. I hope that, anyway. It is sad that a program devoid of choreo but with a fall is getting standing o's. All but the most diehard fans are tuning out with ladies the show peice. Now Cynthia is out of Skate Canada. No wonder so many of us watch Ice dance now...:cool:

76olympics

On the Ice
Yep, RGirl, I just saw it too and I was impressed by Alyssa, Dick was on target with his gushing! (I like it how he gets excited when skaters do well. For some reason, he doesn't bother me at all). I like Elena S--but I didn't think that program had as much artistry or flow as Alyssa's did. It is early in the season though--everyone has time to improve and work on the weaker points.

As far as Alyssa goes, I just hope she won't feel the pressure now. I really think it was a shame that Sasha didn't get to develop in peace more.