Ladies Lp - Spoiler | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Ladies Lp - Spoiler

Kuchana

On the Ice
Meissner's definitely getting a medal. She's in first so far. Sasha is next to skate.

Dang. Sasha is making mistakes! :( Fall on lutez and hand down on loop....Meissner may be in the position for a silver!!

Last edited:

Hikaru

Final Flight
well kimmie must be estatic, her first seniors nationals and she will be on the podium. What happened to Jenny??

Kuchana

On the Ice
Hikaru said:
well kimmie must be estatic, her first seniors nationals and she will be on the podium. What happened to Jenny??

She fell on the loop and stepped out on the flip. How come you're not on FSW to see the results????:)

cosmictears10

On the Ice
Kwan:

Tech. 5.7 - 5.9
Artistic 5.9 -6.0
42 6.0s!!!

Dick Button is ridiculous!! I hate his comments

Way to go Michelle! I love you , Congrats!!

cosmictears10

On the Ice
RealtorGal said:
Why is he ridiculous? What did he say?

He said that he didn't think it was that great of a performance. and that the final 30 seconds werent great. I just think he appreciates the skaters very much!

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
He's probably correct. I've read similar thoughts on other boards. I'll reserve judgement until I see the program tonight. Dick just tells it like he sees it, no matter how much he may love the skater.

lavender

Record Breaker
Of course I want her to have sixes but she probably should have just had 5.9s. In fact I don't think any of the winning programs should have had 6.0s. Weir had mistakes (scratchy landings and missteps in his footwork). Michelle had less of mistakes but still. I thought B & A were good but more of a 5.9 program.

Kuchana

On the Ice
cosmictears10 said:
He said that he didn't think it was that great of a performance. and that the final 30 seconds werent great. I just think he appreciates the skaters very much!

Wow I'm surprised he'd say that..usually he gushes over Michelle....

From the reports, she doubled a lutez and ended after the music plus she seemed to skate too tight.

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
I guess they want to send the 6.0 out in style.

Looking forward to Worlds and seeing how these programs rate under CoP.

Panther2000

On the Ice
Congradulations Michellle.

But, Michelle herself was not happy with her performance. She said that she got tight. She did not fall or anything. But, She doubled a lutz & she skated determined Not free like she usually does. She skated Great But, you could tell the even with Sasha's falls Michelle was still under pressure to tie the National record. I give her credit She said that she has a lot of work to do.

Good for her

Hikaru

Final Flight
well, I so want to see this competition soon!! congrats to all the medalist and skaters!!

Kuchana

On the Ice
Yeah I think the waiting and the thought of tying Owen's record got to her a little. I really hope she has a more difficult program for Worlds if she hopes to challenge Irina.

Lotta

On the Ice
HELL YEAH THAT'S MY MICHELLE!!!

But the poor girl, she wasn't happy with her performance. Oh well at least she got her ninth title!!!! :biggrin:

Dick Button said in the repeats of her performance that her footwork was "sexual". I don't know if I heard that right or if the word was "sensual". Either way, he's right. My Michelle Kwan is *very* sexual and that's a cool thing. :agree: :laugh:

kyla2

Final Flight
Well....

Apart from Kimmie Meissner, no one had a fabulous skate. Sasha fell and Michelle doubled a lutz and finished after the music ended-noticeably. Michelle started out strong, but lost momentum after doubling the lutz. I like her program much better than her short. Her spins are faster and more interesting. The judges got it right, placing Michelle first. Sasha is such a beautiful skater, even when she makes mistakes. I hope John Nicks can help her with her consistency. But you all, I don't have a good feeling about Worlds. Unless Irina is also starting to have consistency problems, this will be an Irina coronation.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Congrats Michelle.........all in all, a win is a win I guess. There's something to be said about staying vertical. Can't wait to see that triple axel. Way to go KIM !! 42