Ladies Lp - Spoiler | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Ladies Lp - Spoiler

Panther2000

On the Ice
Kuchana said:
Yeah I think the waiting and the thought of tying Owen's record got to her a little. I really hope she has a more difficult program for Worlds if she hopes to challenge Irina.

She does. She & her coach have stated the the Nationals & the Worlds programs are different. There si to be more in betweens in both her long & short.

Michelle is happy with her win Yes, But not happy with her performance. That say alot about a champion. :rock:

Panther2000

On the Ice
Piel said:
Maybe by not peaking at Nationals she will at Worlds.

That is what I am thinking. At worlds she will be the underdog & I think that is a better position for Michelle. Not to be out in front. Of course there will be pressure on her because she is michelle kwan. But, This worlds is Irinia. So Michelle Flying under the radar is a good thing.

I loved the fluff piece with different champions. Michael Jordan, Serna Williams, Derek Jeter, Tiger Woods. All talking about what it is like being champion that has just about transended the sport itself. & Michelle has done that even without an Olympic Gold Medal

anazetra

Spectator
Congrats to Michelle, who even with a flawed performance, managed an extraordinary feat. I was extremely impressed by Kimmie Meissner and at how mature she is for her age. I'm sure she'll be one to watch in the near future. congrats to jenny for making the world team... looking towards the future...this also poses a interesting situation for next year's nationals with the olympic berths at stake. michelle, sasha, jenny, kimmie, bebe, angela (god willing she's back) and a few others will be fighting for those spots... and only 3 can go... can't wait til next year to find out.
worlds should be very interesting this year and with them being in moscow, i too believe that irina has everything going for her to be world champion once again.

Kuchana

On the Ice
Panther2000 said:
She does. She & her coach have stated the the Nationals & the Worlds programs are different. There si to be more in betweens in both her long & short.

Michelle is happy with her win Yes, But not happy with her performance. That say alot about a champion. :rock:

Oh I don't doubt that at all:) I just get myself worried at times. I really hope she has a 3/3 for World as well. She's done them before and I'm positive she can do them again now.

Hikaru

Final Flight
Ok I'm checking pictures of the outfits. Michelle's is very pretty, the color and the pattern on the fabric, but the skirt could be a bit longer for my taste, but that's just nitpicking, other than that it looks nice (I still think a burgundy color would look fab with Bolero though).

Skate Sandee

On the Ice
Michelle has done so many "heart on her sleeve", "in the zone" performances at Nationals in the past, that it was easy for this Kwaniac to feel a little letdown. But then I realized that measuring her against her own standard is not fair. She laid down a solid performance and deserved the win. She didn't deserve sixes in presentation, but it didn't change the ordinals either way, so c'est la vie!

Congrats to Michelle, Sasha and Kimmie!

Did Michelle say she'd be going to Moscow in a couple of weeks? I wonder if that was a slip of the tongue. Unless she has some ice available, Worlds is two months away.

I'd love to see Michelle go to 4 Continents to get COP judging once before Worlds, but it probably won't happen. I can see Liang & Meissner going, and that will be great for them!

Personally, I want to see Michelle NOT win Worlds. NOT win silver. And maybe not win bronze either (although I do want her to win bronze so that her streak of medaling continues). I think she needs something to really wake her up and force her to commit to making some major changes, or help her decide the pressure of an Olympic season isn't worth it.

STL_Blues_fan

Final Flight
Lotta said:
HELL YEAH THAT'S MY MICHELLE!!!

Dick Button said in the repeats of her performance that her footwork was "sexual". I don't know if I heard that right or if the word was "sensual". Either way, he's right. My Michelle Kwan is *very* sexual and that's a cool thing. :agree: :laugh:

I think Button was referring to the MUSIC not Michelle when he said "sensual" and "sexual". My understanding that he was slightly critical of the footwork for lacking the fire at the "climax" of the "sensual" musical piece.

I think it would be rather inappropriate for him to refer to somebody old enough to be his granddaughter as "sexual".

Yana

Panther2000

On the Ice
anazetra said:
Congrats to Michelle, who even with a flawed performance, managed an extraordinary feat. I was extremely impressed by Kimmie Meissner and at how mature she is for her age. I'm sure she'll be one to watch in the near future. congrats to jenny for making the world team... looking towards the future...this also poses a interesting situation for next year's nationals with the olympic berths at stake. michelle, sasha, jenny, kimmie, bebe, angela (god willing she's back) and a few others will be fighting for those spots... and only 3 can go... can't wait til next year to find out.
worlds should be very interesting this year and with them being in moscow, i too believe that irina has everything going for her to be world champion once again.

I will agree about next years nationals. Technically, Kimmie can surpass (baring any injureis) both Michelle & Sasha. But, on the artistic side. She still has some ways to go before she can reach their level. But, this girl I see is the near future of US ladies skating.

I dont know myself. I wish to see michelle skate forever. But, I seriously doubt if she will be around after the 2006 olympics & or worlds. From what I have seen. I think that now the US ladies skating is safe for the next generation. For a time there there was no one outside of michelle with the exception for the past few years. But, Sasha is not steady. She is a great artistic skater However, outside of Last years worlds. She has always come up short on the world & olmpic stages.

I am a big fan of Kimmie. I think that she herself has made a statement tonight. Lets hope that she can keep focused on the job at hand. Too many have come made a splash & then fanished into the woodwork.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
It has to be nearly impossible to stay at an emotional high at every competition. This particular comp was a pressure cooker, but she didn't cave in and stayed vertical, unlike SLC. Huge Kudos to Michelle. If this competition was CoP unfriendly, well, maybe it's because Nationals wasn't being judged as such. Worlds is in March........plenty of time to tweak this performance.......I'm guessing she already is doing just that....................42

equestrianguy

On the Ice
Balero, is such a repetitive piece of music.. I forgive Michelle for missing the ending.. Although, I really wanted her to catch that ending and draw you in.. Actually, I like her other ending better...where she falls to one knee and slides to the ending.. But Michelle's jumps were strong (outside the double lutz) and her spins look faster, and I love the final footwork..I'm sure she knows what she needs for Worlds.. She also knows when she has to peak.. Way to go Michelle Kwan!!!

Lotta

On the Ice
I think it would be rather inappropriate for him to refer to somebody old enough to be his granddaughter as "sexual".

lmao That's what one of my friends told me when we IMed each other after Nationals. We thought so "ew" about that. :laugh:

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
I've already commented on Michelle's skate now on to Sasha. I thought her program was lovely and well put together. I disagree with Mr. Buttons and Peggy that the fall on her lutz deflated her program (can't recall the exact words they used). She picked herself up and continued with flair and passion. Well done, Sasha.....

Kim Meissner's program was very nice. I love her stroking and posture, but despite her triple axle, am not impressed with her jumps. Maybe it's her long limbs, but they seem to wrap around her as she jumps and exits her jumps. She has a lovely fresh face, though and being young I guess shouldn't be held against her..........

Even though Jenny fell, I felt her artistry and maturity should have placed her above Kim. Kim's presentation marks were a bit too high............42

thisthingcalledlove

Final Flight
show 42 said:
I've already commented on Michelle's skate now on to Sasha. I thought her program was lovely and well put together. I disagree with Mr. Buttons and Peggy that the fall on her lutz deflated her program (can't recall the exact words they used). She picked herself up and continued with flair and passion. Well done, Sasha.....

Kim Meissner's program was very nice. I love her stroking and posture, but despite her triple axle, am not impressed with her jumps. Maybe it's her long limbs, but they seem to wrap around her as she jumps and exits her jumps. She has a lovely fresh face, though and being young I guess shouldn't be held against her..........

Even though Jenny fell, I felt her artistry and maturity should have placed her above Kim. Kim's presentation marks were a bit too high............42

ITA about Kimmie. I like her, but she reminds me of a consistent Carolina Kostner.

thisthingcalledlove

Final Flight
Totally off topic, but how long did Christine Brennan go to Journalism school for? She asks the dumbest/most often asked questions. No wonder why this woman has to distort facts and insult people in her articles! She just doesn't ask the right questions...

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
Uncle Dick said THE MUSIC was sexual (and it is), NOT Michelle! I thought that was made very clear.

Hikaru

Final Flight
thisthingcalledlove said:
Totally off topic, but how long did Christine Brennan go to Journalism school for? She asks the dumbest/most often asked questions. No wonder why this woman has to distort facts and insult people in her articles! She just doesn't ask the right questions...
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
she's the Rita Skeeter of figure skating... sorry, couldn't help the potter reference... :rofl: :rofl:

mzheng

Record Breaker
Skate Sandee said:
Did Michelle say she'd be going to Moscow in a couple of weeks? I wonder if that was a slip of the tongue. Unless she has some ice available, Worlds is two months away.
Where did she say that? How come I diddn't hear it?

d12p

Rinkside
I think Button was referring to the MUSIC not Michelle when he said "sensual" and "sexual". My understanding that he was slightly critical of the footwork for lacking the fire at the "climax" of the "sensual" musical piece.

Dick Button was very inappropriate and unproffesional. He was talking about Michelle's program as if it was sexual intercourse. Maybe ABC will kick him and Christine Brennan off.

Skate Sandee

On the Ice
mzheng said:
Where did she say that? How come I diddn't hear it?

In the interview with Brennan as she stepped out of the Kiss and Cry area:

Brennan: "About Worlds and the new system for the first time, what are your thoughts?"

MK: "Ah...can't be too nervous. I just have to work. I've got a couple of weeks before I head to Moscow. So I can celebrate tonight, and that's about it"

At first I thought, wow - she's going to go over there early and get used to everything. But then I realized she must have meant to say a couple of MONTHS.