Ladies sp 7:15 est!!!! | Page 14 | Golden Skate

Ladies sp 7:15 est!!!!

R.D.

Record Breaker
Well.... I don't think it was a choice. I think she had a good shot at making that 2006 Olympic team and really wanted it. It was one of her many disappointments.

Well, I use the word "chose" very loosely. I know she didn't ACTIVELY choose to peak late, but it's still interesting.

Yes, 2006 was a disappointment for her. But I say 2010 was an even bigger one.

MK's Winter

Record Breaker
That's right. Wow. She's lasted a really long time. And to think that now, rather than then, is when she chose to really make her mark.

I think Alyssa is very very capable of medaling at Worlds if she continues to skate as wonderful as she has. With each competition her confidence grows and I think that was all she was lacking. She is a beautiful skater!

Layfan

Record Breaker
Well, I use the word "chose" very loosely. I know she didn't ACTIVELY choose to peak late, but it's still interesting.

Yes, 2006 was a disappointment for her. But I say 2010 was an even bigger one.

Most definitely. And the way 2009 ended at worlds, of course.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Kelli Zhou is so tiny (reminiscent of Caroline Zhang a few yrs. ago), but one huge difference. She's tiny but she JUMPS big! :) Loved the spread eagle into the 2A. Sorry can't remember the other jumps b/c my mind was still on the performance of the other girl before her. :)

emma

Record Breaker
glad to hear you comments Nadine on Mussademba - that part I saw was truly lovely (just after the fall)....she is really magical. I'm happy for her.

R.D.

Record Breaker
I think Alyssa is very very capable of medaling at Worlds if she continues to skate as wonderful as she has. With each competition her confidence grows and I think that was all she was lacking. She is a beautiful skater!

She seems to go from good result-bad result-good result-bad at Nationals. good in 07, bad in 08, good in 09, bad in '10...

Kristine was not as good as she can be, but she did well considering her injury. Loved Kelly Zhou, a very balletic skater with such an expressive use of her head. 21.30 + 20.08, tot 41.38. Deserved better, IMO.

MK's Winter

Record Breaker
She seems to go from good result-bad result-good result-bad at Nationals. good in 07, bad in 08, good in 09, bad in '10...

She has been on a pretty steady course this season, Gold at Skate Canada, Bronze at TEB and gold at the GPF. I see a major difference in her this season. I also think her coaching change to Yuka and Jason has made a world of good.

emma

Record Breaker
omg, vanessa lam is too adorable. Love her light purple dress that her mom designed; spread eagles into double axle; triple lutz double toe; triple flip; fast, spunky, good spins ....she's got a great future.

lavender

Record Breaker
Very nice from Vanessa Lam but she has the smallest jumps.

Glad to see her doing the lutz or flip. Most of the girls are doing triple toe combos.

Nadine

Record Breaker
HUGE applause, SO, for Vanessa Lam. She skated to A&P music "Time to Say Goodbye" (Sarah Hughes also skated to it in the same color lavendar dress in a pro/am). :) Gorgeous opening double spread eagle into 2A!!!! Followed up by 3L/2R, and another jump? Nice debut. :)

MK's Winter

Record Breaker
omg, vanessa lam is too adorable. Love her light purple dress that her mom designed; spread eagles into double axle; triple lutz double toe; triple flip; fast, spunky, good spins ....she's got a great future.

I wish I could see this, but according to Universal Sports we must focus on Nagano and Sydney Olympics:(

Nadine

Record Breaker
ps: her jumps are Tara Lipinski like, fully rotated, but small, I agree lavender.

57.61 5th place! :)

emma

Record Breaker
into 5th, wow that was great for her!!!! Yes, her third jump pass was a 3flip I believe. And yes, those opening spread eagles were very nice. Terrific!!!

Ok, last group.....