Nathan Chen out of worlds | Golden Skate

Nathan Chen out of worlds

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
If Yuma and Shoma mess up this golden opportunity to get gold and silver, I will…. be very unhappy.

Lamente Ariane

Skating Skills -5, Fashion +3, Camp +4
Record Breaker
I hope Nathan rests up and feels better soon, glad he’s taking care of himself.

Excited for Camden to get this opportunity and for all the men now definitely in the fight for gold. No matter what happens, we will have a new first time World champion in men next week.

YuBluByMe

May Rika spin her hair into GOLD….in 2026.
Final Flight
Good luck to Chen on whatever he chooses to do in the future. I knew that if Chen withdrew for any reason, we would see Pulkinen or even Ma at Worlds instead of Brown. Kagiyama is now the favorite for gold, but the rest of the podium is wide open. As for the American men, well, now it's time for Zhou to step the hell up and skate like his butt is on fire because he is now anchoring the national team and losing a spot can very well happen. As Pulkinen is extremely unreliable, Malinin is now skating under a different sort of pressure and he shouldn't be. Good luck to him too.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I do hope Nathan heals well but this is not a surprise - call it injury, post Oly fatigue ready to move on I knew it had to happen y March 15 or 16 and shockingly he pulled out. No ill will and whatever spin he puts on this it is hardly earth shattering or shocking. Jason should have known this would happen so i am shocked he went on a trip (side note pretty amazing these skaters even without world medals have so much money to travel. Well there goes my thoughts of the USA winning 8 medals possibly. Jason also lot his chance at bronze. To the fans who said Nathan could compete without much practice due to muscle memory I guess we won't know (ditto for Jason Brown) because it is more than muscle memory. Nathan I really hope you enjoy the OGM and if it is time to move on you do it. Skaters now a days seem to just fizzle out. Michelle, Sarah, Yulia, Adelina, Carolina, Anna P, Elena R, they all just sort of had no definitive ending exactly or high note leave. Nathan is young but has so much talent in areas other than skating. The world is his oyster.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Good luck to Chen on whatever he chooses to do in the future. I knew that if Chen withdrew for any reason, we would see Pulkinen or even Ma at Worlds instead of Brown. Kagiyama is now the favorite for gold, but the rest of the podium is wide open. As for the American men, well, now it's time for Zhou to step the hell up and skate like his butt is on fire because he is now anchoring the national team and losing a spot can very well happen. As Pulkinen is extremely unreliable, Malinin is now skating under a different sort of pressure and he shouldn't be. Good luck to him too.
Oh Vinnie the pressure. From slam dunk 3 men to it is even possible USA could have no man in the top ten though still get two men fr worlds.. Interesting probably we are going to have some very very luck bronze medallist or medallist= Grassi, Aymoz, Morisi, Cha, Messing, Vinnie, Malinin, et...someone is gong to get a medal and they should take it and run.

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Oh Vinnie the pressure. From slam dunk 3 men to it is even possible USA could have no man in the top ten though still get two men fr worlds.. Interesting probably we are going to have some very very luck bronze medallist or medallist= Grassi, Aymoz, Morisi, Cha, Messing, Vinnie, Malinin, et...someone is gong to get a medal and they should take it and run.
Vinnie and Ilia are going to be in the top 10 by all odds. Vinnie has a good shot at the podium if his nerves don't get the better of him.

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
Prospective lucrative endorsements not withstanding, I didn't expect Nathan to continue skating after achieving his dream of gold at Olys. I am concerned that this could really hurt the USA chances of three spots next year. Vincent has to step up. I'm wondering if he will be able to. I'm doubtful. This puts more pressure on Ilya. I think he has the tech goods but his PCS are not there yet. Camden? Sorry but not a factor. Maybe Vincent 6th and Ilya 7th?

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I was really looking forward to seeing Nathan again skate with joy and abandon like he did at the Olympics. To me, that's the best reward, although I also wanted him to be a 4-time World Champion. Still ... in this day and age, being a 3-time World Champion is simply effing amazing. More than that, even. It puts him in high echelon company. The pressure of defending a title is something else.

Also Still ... I'm so glad that Nathan is choosing to heal this nagging injury. I believe and I feel (hey, I'm an Empath and an Intuitive) that Nathan really wanted to skate there, and planned to, and it wasn't about post-Olympic anything.

Go Vincent, Ilia, and Camden! And good skating to all. :hap10:

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
Jason’s trip to Peru must be winding down.. is there any chance he could still go?

ramurphy2005

Unabashed Mainer
On the Ice
Country
United-States
Jason’s trip to Peru must be winding down.. is there any chance he could still go?
There's no way he could be ready to go, no training. Plus, I imagine, people will be headed for France in the next few days.

Someone on Twitter replied to a tweet of mine, and said their friend was sitting next to him on a flight to Chicago, and that he's got an event with Rohene this weekend.

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm sure Nathan wanted to compete for his fourth title, but he's also got the SOI tour starting soon and he's the headliner so he doesn't want to go on tour with an injury nagging him. I don't think we'll see any quads from Nathan during SOI.

This is a great opp for Camden and I hope he has a good performance. I saw his IG post announcing that he was going to France and I wondered - well who w/d? I got my answer in this thread.

All in all, Worlds will be different this year to say the least. The only OGM competing will be P/C in dance.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Sorry that Nathan is injured and isn't going, but happy for Camden. I hope "consistent Nationals" Camden shows up at Worlds:hap10:

I agree with the posts that say Jason declined Worlds some time ago (as in declined to be an alternate before Nathan withdrew). He still has made no official decision about continuing, but it was pretty clear from his travels and his activities that he wasn't even "substitute training" for Worlds.

He does have an event with Rohene this Sunday, folks in Chicagoland will get to see Rohene work with Jason, if they are so inclined.