New Hersh Article- says Kwan probably won't be at December event | Page 14 | Golden Skate

New Hersh Article- says Kwan probably won't be at December event

JanJam said:
And we'll see if the "Kwaniacs" really are as powerful as critics say they are.;)
I'm a Kwaniac and I wont vote for anyone. I refuse to support this thing!:cool:

I don't think Kwan will skate well because it has been close to 5 months since serious practice. If she does go all out, there will be many viewers including judges that will rush to judgement on this attempt. I think it would be safer if she just walks through her program. You have to realize that many skating fans have wanted her out since 2002. JMO.

Joe

gezando

Final Flight
Red Dog said:
I also think that Kwan is there to boost audience/viewership. But at the cost of stealing all the votes. :laugh:

Are you saying Kwan is stealing the votes?? First the votes have not been cast yet. Second, "stealing vote" implies something illegal is going on, e.g. a candidate bribes people for their vote, or stuff the ballot box in some illegal way. Since many posters have criticize MK for not being computer savvy enough to even have a website for her fans, it is not likely IMO that Kwan knows how to hack into computers and alter votes.

Post #189
gezando said:
Joe, if judges are rewarding teenies, how they chose Cohen over Angela to the olys team is also an example. There is a lot of resentment (and I know you are not one of them) recently towards Mao the complete skater just because she outskated Cohen fair and square. Mao is unjustly reduced by posters as jumping bean. She is much more than a jumping bean, she can spin, she outspeeds, out variaiotn of speed Cohen by a mile. I have never heard anything as ridiculous as Susie saying Cohen's facial emotion is more than enough to make up for her fall on the triple sal. Susie et al are not swallowing the sour grapes too well IMO
Cohen should count herself lucky b/c she is skating under COP, uinder the 6.0 system that emphasized jumps more than spins, Cohen probably would be in 4rd place behind Mao and Arakawa. Cohen was cautious, slow, with way too much arm flailing in TEB lp, JMO
Wah! Wah! Wah!

Your skater WON, Gez! Again, what's the matter, dearheart? You love attacking other posters who praise a skater you hate, but when accurate, reasonable criticism of your skater comes up, you can't take your thumb out of your mouth.

You put attacks out there for three and half yeara on GS. Gee, what a surprise that it's coming back to bite you.

Rgirl

gezando

Final Flight
Rgirl said:
Post #189Wah! Wah! Wah!

Your skater WON, Gez! Again, what's the matter, dearheart? You love attacking other posters who praise a skater you hate, but when accurate, reasonable criticism of your skater comes up, you can't take your thumb out of your mouth.

You put attacks out there for three and half yeara on GS. Gee, what a surprise that it's coming back to bite you.

Rgirl
And you are the authority on the criticism on Mao is "accurate" and "reasonable".

Rgirl, once again, I am not posting you, I am not talking to you, and you launch another attack, in fact escalating your attacks, your bites, and baits. Now if you have problems with any posts then according to GS rules you can tell the moderators.

Last edited:

R.D.

Record Breaker
gezando said:
Are you saying Kwan is stealing the votes?? First the votes have not been cast yet. Second, "stealing vote" implies something illegal is going on, e.g. a candidate bribes people for their vote, or stuff the ballot box in some illegal way. Since many posters have criticize MK for not being computer savvy enough to even have a website for her fans, it is not likely IMO that Kwan knows how to hack into computers and alter votes.

Gez- good lord...where's your sense of humor? It was a tongue in cheek comment! :laugh: ;)

Somehow, I just wonder what would happen to this forum if Cohen were to win Nats and/or the Olympics. Some posters just wouldn't be able to take it! :cool:

gezando

Final Flight
Red Dog said:
Somehow, I just wonder what would happen to this forum if Cohen were to win Nats and/or the Olympics. Some posters just wouldn't be able to take it! :cool:
I wonder if Kwan manages to win nats and olys, some poster just wouldn't be able to take it :cool:

R.D.

Record Breaker
gezando said:
Rgirl, once again, I am not posting you, I am not talking to you, and you launch another attack, in fact escalating your attacks, and your bites.

Gez, I'll say this once. If I said everything you've said about Sasha, and inserted kwan's name in place, I'd have been raked over the coals and bashed non-stop. Possibly even banned. It's amazing to me that you've been able to get away with this for this long without being called out. And that's all I'll say.

If you aren't prepared to catch heat- then don't bring it on!

Last edited:

R.D.

Record Breaker
gezando said:
I wonder if Kwan manages to win nats and olys, some poster just wouldn't be able to take it :cool:

Yes, I agree. But I won't be one of them. And I KNOW that's what you REALLY meant to say, right? Too predictable. Try another method.

The rabid FANDOM is what I most likely wouldn't be able to take.

Last edited:

gezando

Final Flight
Red Dog said:

Sounds like you are baiting for a fight, what for RD??

And I KNOW that's what you REALLY meant to say, right? Too predictable

RD, you are reading minds now

Last edited:

R.D.

Record Breaker
gezando said:
Sounds like you are baiting for a fight, what for RD??

In other words, if you don't want people to get on your case, then don't make one. If you say such strong comments about a skater, you are bound to get some kind of a response. You just picked the right skater to bash, because there are hardly any "defenders" here to challenge you. Look at the innocent comments I make about Kwan, and let's declare war on Red Dog. :mad:

ETA: This is my last public comment re. this topic. If you would like to continue this, let's do it through PM. I'm tired of cluttering threads with meaningless wars like this one.

Last edited:

gezando

Final Flight
Red Dog said:
In other words, if you don't want people to get on your case, then don't make one. If you say such strong comments about a skater, you are bound to get some kind of a response.

Well well RD, what happen to your strong endorsement of "suck it up", Ah.. I remember that suck it up campaign orignated in a Kwan thread. :) and only applies to Kwan

You just picked the right skater to bash
IMO you pick the right one :)

Look at the innocent comments I make about Kwan, and let's declare war on Red Dog. :mad:
Oh please RD don't be so melodramatic, moderators here said they are your fans, so what more do you want?? No one declare war on you. Maybe you should take some of your own med of if you are not prepared to catch the heat don't bring it on

Last edited:

R.D.

Record Breaker
gezando said:
Well well RD, what happen to your strong endorsement of "suck it up", Ah.. I remember that suck it up campaign orignated in a Kwan thread. :) and only applies to Kwan

And you pick the right one too:)

Oh please RD don't be so melodramatic, moderators here said they are your fans, so what more do you want?? No one declare war on you. Maybe you should take some of your own med of if you are not prepared to catch the heat don't bring it on

Check your Private Messages for my reply. I'll leave this thread for the discussion of the topic at hand.

R.D.

Record Breaker
I wonder...how many people here are going to be voting at this event? I know I won't.

If it comes down to the skating, if the audience is thoughtful and honest, there could be some surprises. If it's a popularity contest, Kwan clearly has more fans than the other skaters put together, therefore the overwhelming majority of the votes will be for Kwan. Not a bash, people.

Rgirl said:
Mao Asada the new whipping girl my butt!
gezando said:
Once again Rgirl, I was not posting you, I was not calling you, and you started another attack. BTW, please leave your butt or your anatomy out of this
Unless I am mistaken, there is no GS "rule" saying you may only post someone who has posted you first. Besides, considering the innumerable times you've attacked people who never posted you over the last three and a half years, back to when you posted as Eltamina, you're certainly no one to talk.

Why would I contact the mods? I'm just posting you the way you have always posted me and a number of other GSers. It was okay with the mods then, I assume it's okay with them now. Like I said, you love to dish it out but you just can't take even a fraction of it.

If you don't like it, you contact the mods. I'd LOVE it! I took a page from your book and have kept many kilobytes of your attack posts to posters who had done nothing but express their opinion.

Also, re your statement, "...you [Rgirl] started another attack." I'd say since you came to GS in 8/02, 90% of your posts have been the ones to start attacks--against posters who liked a skater you didn't, were against Sasha Cohen (see Red Dog's Post #205 and your response #210), or were attacks against me.

The other 10% were fascinating, beautiful, and incredibly knowledgable posts about music and a few about the skaters you love, though you always showed your true colors by including a Sasha attack in those.

I have plenty of criticisms of Sasha's skating of my own, which I've written in many posts and am interested to read justifiable criticisms about Cohen or any other skater, but not personal attacks on them for their mere existence or you making blanket statements as to how all of GS, or even the entire population of the US, feels, as you've done many times in a number of threads.

A couple of months ago you started to go back to a positive style of posts and it was great. There was that great post about Irina and Shizuka's music, for one. But ever since Susie Wynne and Paul Wylie said, as part of their profession, and a few GSers posted they thought Asada had some weaknesses, despite liking a lot about her skating, and that aside from the fall on the 3sal, in their opinions Sasha was a better overall skater, that's all you can post about. Pretty much all we get now is: Wah! Wah! Wah! Mao Asada is so better than that icky Sasha! Wah! Now Asada is so the new whipping girl! Wah!

Look, you've made your bed and it's long past due for you to either lie in it or grow up. I recommend you grow up. And considering everything you've done to me and other GSers for years, my butt is the least you deserve.

Rgirl

P.S. The numbers at the beginning of the quotes are the post numbers, put there because Gez quoted only the part of post, which she tends to do when apparently she thinks her cuts will make the poster look bad. :rock: Gez! :rock:

Last edited:

gezando

Final Flight
It is GS rules if you have a problem with someone post then tell the mods. You chose to attack and bait in this thread

Rgirl said:
, you're certainly no one to talk.

And you are the one to talk, since you have call other posters names, and insult other posters by insinuating that they have a mental illness and that must be hereitary thus attacking their heritage.

, my butt is the least you deserve.

Who gives a flying kite about your butt, Last I check you are not a moderator here, so your attacks are bites and baits. I know you love to talk about your anatomy yeah going down the aiphabets from a amydala to b your butt now.

which she tends to do when apparently she thinks her cuts will make the poster look bad
Reading minds too Rgirl

Last edited:

R.D.

Record Breaker
gezando said:
And you are the one to talk, since you have call other posters names, and insult other posters by insinuating that they have a mental illness and that must be hereitary thus attacking their heritage

Who give a flying kite about your butt, I know you love to talk about your anatomy start from the beginning of the aiphabets from a amydala to b your butt now.

PML. This response just proves her very point!!! :rofl: :rofl:

Gezando said:
Rgirl, once again, I am not posting you, I am not talking to you, and you launch another attack, in fact escalating your attacks, and your bites.
Red Dog said:
Gez, I'll say this once. If I said everything you've said about Sasha, and inserted kwan's name in place, I'd have been raked over the coals and bashed non-stop. Possibly even banned. It's amazing to me that you've been able to get away with this for this long without being called out. And that's all I'll say.

Truer words never spoken--and props for saying them so succinctly compared to Rgirl, Queen of the Long-Winded Posts! :laugh:

Rgirl

P.S. Didn't mean to gang up on Gez, it just worked out that way. Besides, Gez loves to gang up on posters.

BronzeisGolden

Medalist
Oh, once again, I find myself looking for that elusive barfing smiley. :banging: ....but this one will do nicely for now......